dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2017

773 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mostafa+Tracey said:

i never did fill out that application as we were applying for the K3 visa...NVC denied it and we proceeded with the CR1 without any forms filled out by either of us. i hope this was chosen for him. what is CEAC?

CEAC is Consular Electronic Application Center - it's where you go to log in to pay your NVC fees and submit the immigrant visa application.  You can log in to view the status of your case as well if you have your case number and invoice number.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, lawsarcasm said:

CEAC is Consular Electronic Application Center - it's where you go to log in to pay your NVC fees and submit the immigrant visa application.  You can log in to view the status of your case as well if you have your case number and invoice number.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Thank you!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Mostafa+Tracey said:

Thank you!!!!!

If the option to request a SS# was not put on your application, you can still request one later. You just have to go to the Social Security Administration to request one. The DS-260 just has a section where you can request one to save time.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, lawsarcasm said:

If the option to request a SS# was not put on your application, you can still request one later. You just have to go to the Social Security Administration to request one. The DS-260 just has a section where you can request one to save time.

ok, now i know why i didnt see that, my husband filled out the ds-260. i hope he did request that. thank you for valuable information.

41 minutes ago, Mostafa+Tracey said:

i never did fill out that application as we were applying for the K3 visa...NVC denied it and we proceeded with the CR1 without any forms filled out by either of us. i hope this was chosen for him. what is CEAC?

Consular Electronic Application Center. This is the website where you pay invoices and fill out the visa application. This is from the NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mostafa+Tracey said:

oh sorry i meant to ask you that here..what is a scan date?

The "scan date" is the date that NVC receives your supporting documents.  For example, if you send your documents on February 1 via FedEx and FedEx tracking shows NVC received it on February 3, but NVC enters it into their system that they received it on February 6 = scan date is February 6 and this is the date when the clock starts ticking.  Currently, NVC is taking about 10-12 weeks since your scan date to review documents.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, jrigual said:

I'm happy to report that my husband entered the US on Monday February 13th at the Fort Lauderdale airport. They did not ask him ant questions, just took the visa package and looked at his passport. They stamped his entrance and that was it. Tomorrow he will be 2 weeks in US. We received his Social Security Card last Saturday.

We are very happy....just waiting for that Green Card to arrive.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats. Do share your date of receiving Green card with us. Thanks n stay blessed

13 hours ago, Saheed said:

Please my people is this what the confirmation of case completed by NVC look like?i got this Email today(The NVC completed its processing of God is able visa petition.

The petition is waiting for an appointment to be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in LAGOS, NIGERIA. When an interview appointment is scheduled, the petitioner, principal applicant, designated agent, and attorney of record (if applicable) will be notified.

Please be advised that we schedule interview appointments based on the capacity of the respective U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.  We are unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

congratulations.  I see you didn't complete your timeline, are you able to do so to help others?  What is your scan date?

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.