frostiana

oath ceremony and passport applicaton right after?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone been able to apply for their passport right after the oath ceremony?  I apologize this is probably a topic i could search somewhere... been trying...I am just wondering if when doing that, you arrive at the oath ceremony with your passport application and all the documents already in a package?  the pictures and everything?  Or is there an opportunity to have pictures etc. there, because they have a passport 'booth'. Just wondering what other people's experience was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You apply for your passport at an official place that processes them which I would not assume where your ceremony is. Check the government website for new passports to check where you can get it processed. I took my application to my town office today, one day after the oath.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

In some ceremonies, there are reps from Social Security, US Dept of State and Elections  board,  you can apply for your passport after the ceremony provided you have all that is required - form (duly accomplished), fee (MO or checque),  photograph and the Naturalization Certificate (signed by you) and you have been sworn in ( On top of being sworn in as a citizen). It is mentioned in the letter if those will be available on the day of your ceremony.  So one-stop shop to: update Social Security status, register to vote and....apply for passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

They only need your naturalization certificate (signed by you) and a passport photo other than the application. Up to you, you could do it the same day, or at a post office or passport application center later on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wish they had this service at my oath. I received my passport in super fast time, but still waiting on the certificate to be returned and getting rather nervous since it's been 8 days since they claimed it was mailed to me! :/

Filed: Timeline

I had my oath on 2/22.  It was over around 3PM and I drove directly to my district court where they have passport processing (which btw, close at 3:30pm for my area).  I was able to send in the passport app right there.  I did have photo ready and paper work all filled in (which you can d/l from web).  I did miss having copy (front and back, so I was told) of driver's license.  Court house clerk was nice enough to make me a copy, since I was the last person of the day.

• 2 years later...

Here in San Diego, I'm able to submit passport application after my Oath Ceremony. Its only available for the morning group. The form is in the packet that they will give to you in the ceremony.

They have photo services there for extra $12. And they also photocopy your Certificate for free.

You do need a check or money order.(they have a post office near them) They dont accept cash. Thats my experience here.

US. Citizenship (Petitioner)

January 5, 2019  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

February 1, 2019 -  Biometrics Appointment

April 11, 2019 Interview(PASSED!!!!!!!!!!:dance:)

June 19, 2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dance:

I-130 (Beneficiary)

June 26, 2019 - I-130 Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox

July 3, 2019 - NOA1  (IOE receipt) PD - June 28, 2019

January 8, 2020 -  NOA2 (APPROVAL)

NVC

January 20, 2020NVC Received/Case # assigned

January 28, 2020AOS & IV fee invoiced and paid

January 28, 2020- DS 260 and Civil Docs submitted

January 31, 2020- AOS submitted

February 10, 2020- Emailed NVCExpedite@state.gov to request expedite

March 4, 2020NVC Expedite Approved (Case Sent to Manila Embassy)

------------------------------😡COVID 😡-----------------------------------

Embassy

August 11, 2020 - Scheduled interview

August 25, 2020- Interview, APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

- Visa received

- PORT OF ENTRY! ✈️👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 

Total Cost so far : $1,320 (I-130 Fee $535 + AOS  $120 & IV Fee $325 + Medical Fee $340)

Just to clarify. They did not accept passport applications at the ceremony venue itself in San Diego in the morning. In fact before the ceremony they had someone on stage to make it clear that they were only supplying information, not accepting applications. They handed out information where to go to apply. There was a list with walk-in offices and then a list with locations where one could submit the application with an appointment.

I decided beforehand that the best way of action for me would be to make an appointment in advance of the ceremony for a time after the ceremony. This way the whole thing took just 10 min at the post office. Note that available dates at the location closest to you may be a few weeks out.

• 3 years later...
On 6/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, GPH said:

Just to clarify. They did not accept passport applications at the ceremony venue itself in San Diego in the morning. In fact before the ceremony they had someone on stage to make it clear that they were only supplying information, not accepting applications. They handed out information where to go to apply. There was a list with walk-in offices and then a list with locations where one could submit the application with an appointment.

I decided beforehand that the best way of action for me would be to make an appointment in advance of the ceremony for a time after the ceremony. This way the whole thing took just 10 min at the post office. Note that available dates at the location closest to you may be a few weeks out.

that is so weird. what is the point of information. its not like people dont have internet or cellphones.

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. Please don't dig up 6 year old threads.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.