AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, agb1223 said:

Congrats to all.

So everyone is still receiving snail mail first rather than electronically via text and/or e-mail, correct?

Nope, some people are and some aren't! We were approved on the 20th June but got electronic update on 22nd june and mail notice on 23rd june. 

2 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

If anything, this really confirms that the reported dates on the USCIS website are absolute BS !

I've always suspected at least one of them being on this website trolling the mess out of us 😂

1 hour ago, agb1223 said:

Congrats to all.

So everyone is still receiving snail mail first rather than electronically via text and/or e-mail, correct?

mine was through email and the Ois app, didn't receive the letter yet

Congrats to everyone who was approved!! so happy for you guys! Gives me hope :)

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

Hi guys good afternoon 🙂.. I just called the USCIS today to follow up my case and they where saying it's still on process.. they also said that up to this date they are still looking September 2,2016..😓.. well maybe they do random checks only? Please need help getting anxious 😩 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, that's what they also told me on Tuesday of this week. I'm just being hopeful that by the next time they update their website it would be closer to January!

I'm very anxious as well for our approval to come through!

Married 12/09/2016

Submitted 01/03/2017

NOA1 01/09/2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ashleyelms said:

Hi guys good afternoon 🙂.. I just called the USCIS today to follow up my case and they where saying it's still on process.. they also said that up to this date they are still looking September 2,2016..😓.. well maybe they do random checks only? Please need help getting anxious 😩 

From what others have written on VJ, the tier 1 service people are only able to see the dates that are actually on the website. So if those are inaccurate/not up to date, the info you get won't be either.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am an American citizen living in Australia with my husband of 5 years. I sent a I-130 petition and it was received on Jan 16, 2016 and is being processed in Nebraska. I just found out I am pregnant and want to move back to the US ASAP because all my family is there and we have more support there as I am a high risk pregnancy. I also hope to move back before I get too big and am unable to fly. It says they are working on cases from October 31, 2016 now. I've read on a few threads that some people were hoping not to get processed through Nebraska because they were running behind. Has anyone had any success on expediting their case? I'm also wondering if it's worth filing for a K-3 (Sorry, might even be a K-1, forget exactly which form it is but it's when you have an I-130 pending and gives your alien spouse multiple re-entry)? I couldn't find anywhere where it states if they can stay until their visa gets approved or if they can to keep to the 3month timeframe and re-enter again and if they will be allowed to work.

After your I-130 is processed does anyone know how long it takes and what else you have to do before you can move back? I'm assuming there will be an interview and biometrics involved. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Liz92 said:

Hi everyone. I am an American citizen living in Australia with my husband of 5 years. I sent a I-130 petition and it was received on Jan 16, 2016 and is being processed in Nebraska. I just found out I am pregnant and want to move back to the US ASAP because all my family is there and we have more support there as I am a high risk pregnancy. I also hope to move back before I get too big and am unable to fly. It says they are working on cases from October 31, 2016 now. I've read on a few threads that some people were hoping not to get processed through Nebraska because they were running behind. Has anyone had any success on expediting their case? I'm also wondering if it's worth filing for a K-3 (Sorry, might even be a K-1, forget exactly which form it is but it's when you have an I-130 pending and gives your alien spouse multiple re-entry)? I couldn't find anywhere where it states if they can stay until their visa gets approved or if they can to keep to the 3month timeframe and re-enter again and if they will be allowed to work.

After your I-130 is processed does anyone know how long it takes and what else you have to do before you can move back? I'm assuming there will be an interview and biometrics involved. 

I am around the same dates at Nebraska as well and I also applied for a K3 thinking it would be faster but I haven't heard anything for either the 130 or 129F (K3)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.