Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, jules98 said:

Oh damn.. I’ve printed out 5 photos, and a few pages of conversations and that’s about it 😂 I really hope it won’t be a problem that I don’t have more. But we’ve only been doing long distance for about a year, and back when we lived together we never really took photos or chatted a lot. I don’t really know if I should bring more because it doesn’t seem relevant to our case. 

We talk daily. 2 times a day it's long calls cause she catches me on my way home from work and I catch her on her way haha.  We had more then solid evidence, we aimed to prove without a shadow of a doubt it's legit. Not gonna be lazy when we wanna get married and love together. Gotta make the effort ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazsive said:

We talk daily. 2 times a day it's long calls cause she catches me on my way home from work and I catch her on her way haha.  We had more then solid evidence, we aimed to prove without a shadow of a doubt it's legit. Not gonna be lazy when we wanna get married and love together. Gotta make the effort ;) 

No I totally get you. We Snapchat constantly when we’re awake and call a few times a week. I aimed to include screenshots of conversations where we’re talking about our future and the thought of me moving over. It’s not that I’m lazy and don’t want to include it, we just don’t have a lot of photos together. I’ve tried providing a few from different settings, rather than series of several photos from the same day. I did however get my trips to the US printed, along with scanned pages from his passport to show we’ve been seeing each other frequently. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazsive said:

No I totally get you. We Snapchat constantly when we’re awake and call a few times a week. I aimed to include screenshots of conversations where we’re talking about our future and the thought of me moving over. It’s not that I’m lazy and don’t want to include it, we just don’t have a lot of photos together. I’ve tried providing a few from different settings, rather than series of several photos from the same day. I did however get my trips to the US printed, along with scanned pages from his passport to show we’ve been seeing each other frequently. 

Timeline
Just now, jules98 said:

Do a couple of screens of your snaps maybe? I honestly think youll be fine.

I gave them a couple of screen shots of call logs and chat, from different dates like you suggested, and I had  some photos from my recent trip in the US this summer, and from his trip here in the beginning of September. Together with all the other documents they asked for. When I was called to the second window for the main interview, very shortly after I handed them my documents,  I was asked question like "how often do you talk with each other" "when was the last time you saw each other" "how did you meet, and when" it was pretty easy and took 5 minutes . And after the interview  he handed me everything I gave them as evidence of relationship back, didnt keep a single photo😅. My only problem was the medical hadnt arrived, but two days later my visa was issued after all. 

Timeline
Just now, eborge said:

Do a couple of screens of your snaps maybe? I honestly think youll be fine.

I gave them a couple of screen shots of call logs and chat, from different dates like you suggested, and I had  some photos from my recent trip in the US this summer, and from his trip here in the beginning of September. Together with all the other documents they asked for. When I was called to the second window for the main interview, very shortly after I handed them my documents,  I was asked question like "how often do you talk with each other" "when was the last time you saw each other" "how did you meet, and when" it was pretty easy and took 5 minutes . And after the interview  he handed me everything I gave them as evidence of relationship back, didnt keep a single photo😅. My only problem was the medical hadnt arrived, but two days later my visa was issued after all. 

Yes I’ve done a few screenshots of us planning the wedding from Snapchat, the problem is I can’t get the dates on them. I did a few random ones from two years back until now from Facebook, with the dates showing. 

Im glad to hear it’s that “easy”! I know I don’t have anything to worry about since our case is legit, but I just get nervous in these situations. I was so happy when I found the Scandinavian section of this forum, because I feel like a lot of the proof certain other countries have to present is irrelevant for me haha 😂 

Timeline
Just now, jules98 said:

Yes I’ve done a few screenshots of us planning the wedding from Snapchat, the problem is I can’t get the dates on them. I did a few random ones from two years back until now from Facebook, with the dates showing. 

Im glad to hear it’s that “easy”! I know I don’t have anything to worry about since our case is legit, but I just get nervous in these situations. I was so happy when I found the Scandinavian section of this forum, because I feel like a lot of the proof certain other countries have to present is irrelevant for me haha 😂 

I agree, after reading other scandinavians reviews at the "review page" about the Stockholm embassy I felt very well prepared when I was there. 😍 Theres really nothing tricky about the way they ask you questions, and people are nice. 

Btw I actually wrote the date on the back side of the prints. My boyfriend did that with the evidence we submitted to the i-129, so I did the same this time.  Hope everything goes well! 

Timeline
Just now, eborge said:

I agree, after reading other scandinavians reviews at the "review page" about the Stockholm embassy I felt very well prepared when I was there. 😍 Theres really nothing tricky about the way they ask you questions, and people are nice. 

Btw I actually wrote the date on the back side of the prints. My boyfriend did that with the evidence we submitted to the i-129, so I did the same this time.  Hope everything goes well! 

The people at the embassy seem super nice! When they sent over the i129f in the email I reviewed it and started crying and freaking out because my boyfriend ###### up my date of birth.. he put 1996 instead of 1998 and I was so stressed out. I emailed them about it and they got back to me the next morning, assuring me it wasn't a problem at all and they would fix it. When I checked ceac the next day it was updated that day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, jules98 said:

Oh damn.. I’ve printed out 5 photos, and a few pages of conversations and that’s about it 😂 I really hope it won’t be a problem that I don’t have more. But we’ve only been doing long distance for about a year, and back when we lived together we never really took photos or chatted a lot. I don’t really know if I should bring more because it doesn’t seem relevant to our case. 

We have been married 19 yrs so I sure hope they don't think we have chat logs from 1999/2000 etc. We included photos from various years, Facebook screenshots, proof of our life insurance, joint bank account in US etc. so I highly doubt they will think he just married me for a green card lol.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mazsive said:

Update. Got a tracker it left the postnord 09-09. Nothing else shows on the tracker. It looks like it will enter a postal office for pickup and not personal delivery 

Ours left 09-09 as well. Has not updated since then..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.