Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Does anyone know the email address that packet 3 will be sent from? Like the US Embassy in Sweden's email, I want to add it to my contacts so I can be sure it doesn't go to spam.

Hi,

we got ours yesterday and it was sent from stkivinfo@state.gov just like Scandi said :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
42 minutes ago, LisaN said:

For you swedes that hasnt been in the military, did you bring any paper stating this to your interview?

No.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, LisaN said:

Hi,

we got ours yesterday and it was sent from stkivinfo@state.gov just like Scandi said :)

Oh, congrats! We haven't heard anything yet so I'm a little worried. Were you able to schedule your interview?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Oh, congrats! We haven't heard anything yet so I'm a little worried. Were you able to schedule your interview?

Yes, I scheduled May 16th but there were times available every Thursday. 

The email was sent to the petitioner and he had to forward it to me. When did the embassy receive your files from the NVC?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LisaN said:

Yes, I scheduled May 16th but there were times available every Thursday. 

The email was sent to the petitioner and he had to forward it to me. When did the embassy receive your files from the NVC?

Well, hopefully we hear something soon and there are still lots of interview spots open!

Our case was marked Ready at the CEAC on the 3rd and assuming that our papers were in the DHL shipment with the rest arrived on the 5th. I'm the petitioner and I've been checking my email almost obsessively. Hopefully nothing is wrong and we will hear something soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennifer & Pedro said:

Well, hopefully we hear something soon and there are still lots of interview spots open!

Our case was marked Ready at the CEAC on the 3rd and assuming that our papers were in the DHL shipment with the rest arrived on the 5th. I'm the petitioner and I've been checking my email almost obsessively. Hopefully nothing is wrong and we will hear something soon.

Fingers crossed for you guys!

Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, MalinB said:

Since we are on the topic of medical :) 

I have been trying to research which doctor to choose and I would love to hear from people who have been to the different ones. First of all, is there a clinic in Malmö approved to perform the medical? The embassy in Copenhagen lists Citykliniken in Malmö while the embassy in Stockholm only lists clinics in Stockholm and Gothenburg. Malmö would be the closest one for me!

I was also wondering about the cost - the only one I can see listing the cost is Gothenburg, 3750kr. Is the cost similar in Stockholm (and Malmö, if that one is approved)? What is included? I read somewhere that you had to get x-rays separately, does that apply for all clinics? And how much extra could I expect for those in that case?

Thanks!! 🙏🏻

Hello! I had my medical done recently (april 1st) at Sibyllekliniken in Stockholm.

I was going to go to the one in Gothenburg after asking here about it first but I could in no way get an appointment with them, their online booking was down for weeks ( I don't know if they've fixed it yet) and I tried calling but the phone lines are full every single day so I gave up and just sent an email to Sibyllekliniken to book an appointment because I was running out of time to start scheduling said medical. Sibyllekliniken got back to me fast with an appointment and sent me some documents with info about the medical. The cost of the medical is 3800kr and then chest X-ray for 600kr. The X-ray is done at Unilabs röntgen Sophiahemmet (about 13 minute walk from the medical) and they have drop-in from 8 am,  so just go there before you go to the medical.

The medical was just fine, doctor (Jan Arlestig) seemed to be in a bit of a rush tho but was friendly and made me feel at ease during the whole thing, and he did a thorough exam and felt like he really made sure he did the medical correctly. After that I was told to go across the street to get my blood sample taken at the lab and hand in my urine sample. 

All in all, I'd recommend Sibyllekliniken! Can't speak for the one in Gothenburg other than getting an appointment there seemed impossible.

Edited by Pixelx

K1 Process 
2018-07-20 - Application sent
2018-07-31 - NOA1
2019-01-04 - NOA2 by mail, approved! 😚

2019-04-01 - Medical
2019-04-11 - Interview, Approved! 🙌💗

2019-04-25 - Visa in hand 😊

2019-05-28 - PoE!

2019-06-20 - Married! 💍❤️

AOS Process

2019-08-19 - Application sent

2019-09-09 - NOA

2019-11-07 - Biometrics

2020-03-28   Original interview date
2020-04-08 - Application approved without interview! 👏
2020-04-14 - Green Card received! ❤️🙏

Timeline

Crazy expensive! I'm very happy with the 2800kr I paid in Göteborg back in 2016, which included the x-rays. My bet is that Gbg is still way cheaper than Sthlm, it always used to be.

Timeline

P3 finally came! We haven’t been able to schedule the interview though because need to figure out the payment (it’s not letting us pay by card, did everyone else pay by wire transfer?). 

The instructions also ask that my fiancé bring his birth certificate, which should show his parents’ date and location of birth. His birth certificate is from Brazil and does not include this information. Does anyone know if this would cause problems for us?

Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Scandi said:

I brought proof of every single vaccination I had ever had. The dates were included on each one of them but he still only put check marks without dates on my DS-3025. It was never an issue for me.

I don't know about part 2 since my medical report (I have the whole thing, including the X-ray results etc) doesn't have that part. So the DS-3025 must've changed a bit since I had my medical in 2016. 

I don't think you need to worry about anything if your DS-3025 is marked "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (requesting a Blanket Waiver)". That's number 2 on my DS-3025 btw (called "2. Summary for Immigrant Visa Applicants), not the list of categories that you have on yours.

I checked with Dr. Einar, and he confirmed just now that a check in part 2 is indeed necessary and it was just a case of him forgetting to mark it. He's gonna send a fixed version to me so it's all good. Just though I'd post the update in case anyone else ends up with a vaccination record with the same mistake :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tylosand said:

I checked with Dr. Einar, and he confirmed just now that a check in part 2 is indeed necessary and it was just a case of him forgetting to mark it. He's gonna send a fixed version to me so it's all good. Just though I'd post the update in case anyone else ends up with a vaccination record with the same mistake :)

Important that the embassy has the correct version too.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Important that the embassy has the correct version too.

Could you expand on that a little? I was thinking that I just simply include this updated DS-3025 in my AoS application (since the medical exam package that I handed over at POE had the vaccination form without the check mark in part 2) and I should be all set when it comes to the medical stuff. But you are saying I need to distribute the new form to the American embassy in Stockholm?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tylosand said:

Could you expand on that a little? I was thinking that I just simply include this updated DS-3025 in my AoS application (since the medical exam package that I handed over at POE had the vaccination form without the check mark in part 2) and I should be all set when it comes to the medical stuff. But you are saying I need to distribute the new form to the American embassy in Stockholm?

No, you don't bring anything to the embassy in regards to the medical, the doctor sends your FULL medical report to the embassy, that one includes everything, even the original DS-3025. So it's important that the embassy has the correct version as that's the one you hand over at POE, the one that is sent straight to USCIS.

EDIT, I missed that you already have your visa and is in the US now. Not sure what will happen in your case considering your copy of the DS-3025 doesn't match the original that USCIS has.

Edited by Scandi

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scandi said:

No, you don't bring anything to the embassy in regards to the medical, the doctor sends your FULL medical report to the embassy, that one includes everything, even the original DS-3025. So it's important that the embassy has the correct version as that's the one you hand over at POE, the one that is sent straight to USCIS.

EDIT, I missed that you already have your visa and is in the US now. Not sure what will happen in your case considering your copy of the DS-3025 doesn't match the original that USCIS has.

Is it not a fairly common situation that people take any vaccines they might be missing and complete their DS-3025 once they are stateside? i.e., the DS-3025 that USCIS receives at first from the PoE package will be different from the one that is later used for AoS.

Hopefully the new certificate that Dr. Einar sends looks legit enough that they'll accept it :p By the way, is it necessary to include the DS-3025 in the AoS application or is it enough to bring it to the interview? Thinking if I will have to wait for it before filing or not, I have almost all the other documents ready.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Tylosand said:

Is it not a fairly common situation that people take any vaccines they might be missing and complete their DS-3025 once they are stateside? i.e., the DS-3025 that USCIS receives at first from the PoE package will be different from the one that is later used for AoS.

Hopefully the new certificate that Dr. Einar sends looks legit enough that they'll accept it 😛 By the way, is it necessary to include the DS-3025 in the AoS application or is it enough to bring it to the interview? Thinking if I will have to wait for it before filing or not, I have almost all the other documents ready.

No, the DS-3025 is only for foreigners abroad, it's not used within the US at all. Those who complete their vaccinations within the US get a completely different from, called i-693. That form is handed over to USCIS in a sealed envelope, and it's the original. A regular copy in an un-sealed envelope won't do much good. USCIS might require you to get a i-693 considering your DS-3025 isn't filled out correctly. But no way of knowing for sure until they (if ever) ask you for it, so don't waste any money on that now.

Edited by Scandi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.