Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Bitofanerd said:

I have not been posting as much as things at work got a bit crazy, a senior graduating high school, and getting all the documents for the Affidavit of Support.

My lady is hopefully going to get her Medical done in a day or two. Philippine does not make this easy for document gathering so she had to take a few days off to get them There are times I place American ideals on crazy systems I don't understand (like getting a medical record or even new passport pics).  LOL. It is my version of culture shock!

We are super close though. Yay. We have our interview date set for July 17, so that will be the next phase we have to wait for. There were many dates before our date, so if you are Filipino and reading this, don't be discouraged by our late date. We chose that for other reasons.

Yeah, a month is nothing after waiting on USCIS. I hope everything goes well for you both at the medical and the interview.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, calahjosh931 said:

Have you received your noa2?

if so then you should start to look at this https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-IV.pdf this link is packet 3. You will receive this from the embassy in the mail  once the nvc sends the approved petition to them. This link and intructions are specifically for Montreal. Even though the beneficary will get this by mail you can print this off and start gathering all the documents listed and fill out the ds-160 online. Once you've gathered everything on the list follow the instructions to email them the completed checklist, confirmation of completed ds-160 and the scanned coloured copy of your passport bio page (the page with your info and picture) to the specified email address they've provided. Once that is complete you wait approx 7 business days and they should email you back with packet 4 instructing you how to pay the fee schedule your medical exam and schedule your interview. You must schedule your interview before your medical. The website they give you to schedule your appointment will also have the options to pay the $265 USD online. Make sure to print off the receipt. Then you pick from the dates and times they have available :)  I hope this helps!!  Let me know if you have more questions!

Does this mean that you went ahead and submitted packet 3 before they sent packet 3? Is it possible to do it ahead? 

5 hours ago, pardiiix said:

We just got our NVC case #, what now? What is this status thingy? why should I check it? What else do I have to do now?

Oh God, I'm so stressed. I just don't know where to start!:wacko:

you should start preparing your packet 3... go to your consulate portal and see what you require, it differs for different countries. 

also you can begin your ds-160 ...DO NOT SUBMIT just save, this takes about 75 minutes so ensure u start when free-----will not recommend skipping questions so have all your paperwork with you since the review is a pain so try to do it thoroughly on the first time. -you submit the ds160 when your consulate receives your case and its in READY STATUS.

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx <<<< complete ds 160 here and save until time to be submitted. (write your application number in a safe place)

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==  <<< track status here once case leaves the nvc

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Timeline
2 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Did the petitioner get anything from the NVC at all?? I'm worried because I moved so not sure if I will get my mail from the embassy (although I know if I ever get my NVC case number, I won't need it and can submit packet 3 on my own).

You can submit the packet 3 on your own because the packet 3 PDF version is online as shown in the link I sent pardiiix. However you should be letting the nvc or uscis of the address change as this is important for other thing in the future. The beneficary is the one who receives the packet 3 in the mail not the petitioner in Canada. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rose_jay said:

Does this mean that you went ahead and submitted packet 3 before they sent packet 3? Is it possible to do it ahead? 

I believe it is possible, but I didn't do it before it was sent to me. I did however start collecting the documents listed on the packet 3 checklist ahead of time. I then received the packet in the mail. Once I got it I then completed it and sent the email of all the requested items.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, lara u. said:

Better look at NOA 2. Approval validity shoul be around 4 months..

13 hours ago, Vince-Rina said:

Your case gets sent to NVC.  I started calling them (NVC) about 12 days after the NOA2 date, but most say wait two weeks then start calling.  They will tell you if they got your case, and the case number assigned to your embassy.  Good luck.  Hope it goes fast for you. 

thanks so much is it fast to do schedule for interview and for medical exam?

Timeline
Just now, Emmz said:

Depends on availability in the embassy. At first mine was 2 months wait, then i frequently checked online and some people have helped me with updated availability, moved it 2 weeks ahead. It really depends, you may call the embassy to know the earliest, or you may make an account in their website in appointments, anyway, you will be making one soon.. earliest appointment is stated there.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lara u. said:

Depends on availability in the embassy. At first mine was 2 months wait, then i frequently checked online and some people have helped me with updated availability, moved it 2 weeks ahead. It really depends, you may call the embassy to know the earliest, or you may make an account in their website in appointments, anyway, you will be making one soon.. earliest appointment is stated there.

thanks can i know what was the website so that i can make an account for interview in embassy im from philipines

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Emmz said:

thanks can i know what was the website so that i can make an account for interview in embassy im from philipines

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

here you go.. 

Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, XavierFR said:

My fiancée got the NVC yesterday, still waiting this "packet" what's inside ?

I'm not sure if it's different in a different country, but the Tokyo US embassy's packet had a letter with the case number, an instruction for the process(but very simple one. It was more like "go check the website" kind of instruction), the information for the items we need to send to the embassy before the interview, guideline? about the rights and protections for foreign citizen fiances and spouses, and the information for the financial support documents. I think that's it. I highly recommend you to check your local US embassy website. It has more information than the packet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, lara u. said:

So you booked an appointment then changed it?

Timeline

Wow that was fast!

We got our case number on Friday (but NVC received it Monday last week), case status IN TRANSIT yesterday, and READY today.

Damn. Everything does happen super fast after NOA2. Too bad I can't go to medical until around the second week of July. I am dying to know what the doctor will say about my scars. :/ Ugh.

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Timeline
13 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Wow that was fast!

We got our case number on Friday (but NVC received it Monday last week), case status IN TRANSIT yesterday, and READY today.

Damn. Everything does happen super fast after NOA2. Too bad I can't go to medical until around the second week of July. I am dying to know what the doctor will say about my scars. :/ Ugh.

Just be honest. Most doctors just simply browse in your skin if you got scars if yours visible and you will be asked then just be true and honest to what you will say. Only  God knows what will happen next.  Lets lift it up to Him coz all will happen for a reason. :) Cheer up and you should not be stressing enough about it. If you will be having a psyc test then just be it I know you will pass. We just need to follow their protocol. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MarcosiMedzi said:

Just be honest. Most doctors just simply browse in your skin if you got scars if yours visible and you will be asked then just be true and honest to what you will say. Only  God knows what will happen next.  Lets lift it up to Him coz all will happen for a reason. :) Cheer up and you should not be stressing enough about it. If you will be having a psyc test then just be it I know you will pass. We just need to follow their protocol. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'll do. But it's pretty hard to not worry about it when you're me. :P I'm good at worrying. :D I just really want to be with my love and I don't want to screw up. Anyway, thank you and good luck!

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.