Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, pardiiix said:

So it has been 17 days since they've received our RFE response. It is normal to take that long? Or was 2 weeks the maximum wait time?

We tried calling USCIS, but after repeating the automatic menu for 5 times they just hung up! No one picked the phone. What should we do? :( Any new numbers or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 weeks is just about the average wait for NOA2 after submitting the RFE back to USCIS. Its hard to say. Most wait about 2-3 weeks for NOA2, while there have been some users here waiting 1 month+ after USCIS received their response. I really hope you hear back soon!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, pardiiix said:

So it has been 17 days since they've received our RFE response. It is normal to take that long? Or was 2 weeks the maximum wait time?

We tried calling USCIS, but after repeating the automatic menu for 5 times they just hung up! No one picked the phone. What should we do? :( Any new numbers or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, goodlulck52 said:

It's been 28 days since they received our response to RFE...

They received our RFE response on May 1, approved on May 25 and on Tuesday my fiancé got a letter. So maybe yours approvals are already on the way to your mail boxes :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

2 weeks is just about the average wait for NOA2 after submitting the RFE back to USCIS. Its hard to say. Most wait about 2-3 weeks for NOA2, while there have been some users here waiting 1 month+ after USCIS received their response. I really hope you hear back soon!

This means we are the few unluckiest again for RFE after being the few unluckiest for the initial round...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, AgNeska said:

They received our RFE response on May 1, approved on May 25 and on Tuesday my fiancé got a letter. So maybe yours approvals are already on the way to your mail boxes :)

Congratulations! Fingers crossed :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, PR&PR said:

I have been calling them for 7 days straight. Since 14 days/2weeks. They are not being bad, but they keep saying my stuff hasn't arrived and that it can take up to 6 weeks and that they will reach out to me when a case number has been assigned. How long did it take you after getting your case number to actually get anything from them other than the phone call?

To help calm your nerves, the Case Number is not really important for you until you actually pay your Visa Application fee later in the process.  That has been the only time I've used that number so far.  The DS-160 only asks for your USCIS WAC number.  So, you can start filling out the DS-160 now if you'd like, since it has a save function, and pass some time preparing by doing that.  Just don't submit it, only save it.

As for your question, not quite sure what your asking.... the NVC only gives you a case number if you ask for it.  Otherwise, you get nothing from them, you'll end up getting information from the embassy in your beneficiaries country.  Which to be honest, I haven't gotten anything yet.  But thanks to Visajourney I got a copy of what they send my fiance, so we know what is expected of us and have started that way.  Still waiting on the official notice from the Embassy (See my timeline in signature for dates)

I think the urgency on these forums to get a Case Number from the NVC is the result of our dire need to see movement in our petition after waiting so so long as it sat still at the USCIS.  The number does let you track the petition through the CEAC which is nice, but its usefulness ends there till your fiance receives the packet from the Embassy with the real instructions and information to follow since everything at this point is embassy specific. 

So calling every day, driving yourself mad, over this number is not really warranted.  You can call the NVC everday but it still will not speed up this process for yourself any faster than if you called 1 time per week. 

K1 Visa Process:

USCIS I-129F File Date:  January 4th, 2017

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 5th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA1 Date:  January 11th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 25th, 2017

DOS NVC Receive:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Case Number Issued:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Leave Date:  May 18th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Receive Date:  May 19th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Sent K1 Packet 3/4 via Email:  June 12th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Interview Date:  July 5th, 2017 (APPROVED!)

DOS Bogota VISA Received In-Hand: July 14th, 2017

Point of Entry into the United States: August 15th, 2017 (Newark)

Marriage:  October 19th, 2017

AOS Process:

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  November 6th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  November 7th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: December 7th, 2017

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: January 17th, 2018

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: January 26th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: February 14th, 2018 (Recommended For Approval!)

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: February 15th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Green Card (2 Year) Received: February 24th, 2018

Removal of Conditions Process:

USCIS I-751 File Date:  November 20th, 2019

USCIS I-751 NOA Date:  November 26th, 2019

USCIS I-751 Biometrics Appointment:  February 27th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Interview Date:  WAIVED

USCIS I-751 Approval Date:  October 13th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Green Card (10 Year) Received:  October 19th, 2020

Citizenship through Naturalization Process

Eligible as of February 18th, 2021...

Preparing for Filing.....

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

To help calm your nerves, the Case Number is not really important for you until you actually pay your Visa Application fee later in the process.  That has been the only time I've used that number so far.  The DS-160 only asks for your USCIS WAC number.  So, you can start filling out the DS-160 now if you'd like, since it has a save function, and pass some time preparing by doing that.  Just don't submit it, only save it.

As for your question, not quite sure what your asking.... the NVC only gives you a case number if you ask for it.  Otherwise, you get nothing from them, you'll end up getting information from the embassy in your beneficiaries country.  Which to be honest, I haven't gotten anything yet.  But thanks to Visajourney I got a copy of what they send my fiance, so we know what is expected of us and have started that way.  Still waiting on the official notice from the Embassy (See my timeline in signature for dates)

I think the urgency on these forums to get a Case Number from the NVC is the result of our dire need to see movement in our petition after waiting so so long as it sat still at the USCIS.  The number does let you track the petition through the CEAC which is nice, but its usefulness ends there till your fiance receives the packet from the Embassy with the real instructions and information to follow since everything at this point is embassy specific. 

So calling every day, driving yourself mad, over this number is not really warranted.  You can call the NVC everday but it still will not speed up this process for yourself any faster than if you called 1 time per week. 

I agree with a lot of this. It does seem as if we here at VisaJourney put a high importance on the case number. I guess it is because like you said, we all want to see some movement on our case and receiving the case number usually is a sign that the case will be forwarded to the embassy soon. 

The unfortunate fact is that the whole process has slowed down from the pace that K1 visa processing was going at back in summer and fall of 2016, but sadly there is not much that we as individuals going through the process can do about it. They do state that NOA2 can take up to 5 or 6 months and the NVC case number can take up to 6 weeks, yet we have all been calling but USCIS and the NVC earlier than that for the most part. I do understand it is frustrating to wait, especially when you see people with dates after yours getting ahead of you, but they do give official timeline estimates for a reason. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

I agree with a lot of this. It does seem as if we here at VisaJourney put a high importance on the case number. I guess it is because like you said, we all want to see some movement on our case and receiving the case number usually is a sign that the case will be forwarded to the embassy soon. 

The unfortunate fact is that the whole process has slowed down from the pace that K1 visa processing was going at back in summer and fall of 2016, but sadly there is not much that we as individuals going through the process can do about it. They do state that NOA2 can take up to 5 or 6 months and the NVC case number can take up to 6 weeks, yet we have all been calling but USCIS and the NVC earlier than that for the most part. I do understand it is frustrating to wait, especially when you see people with dates after yours getting ahead of you, but they do give official timeline estimates for a reason. 

In my opinion, the major problem with both the USCIS and the NVC is simply the lack of consistency.  The process varies too widely from person to person, and it shouldn't.  It should work first come first serve, and in a logical order and flow.  There seems to be no process with them.  It's all luck on who your petition gets assigned to.  Which backs up the point of dbmathis, that the process they use is outdated and needs revised for efficiency, because right now it makes no sense and reminds me of a free for all.

Edited by SkruDe

K1 Visa Process:

USCIS I-129F File Date:  January 4th, 2017

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 5th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA1 Date:  January 11th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 25th, 2017

DOS NVC Receive:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Case Number Issued:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Leave Date:  May 18th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Receive Date:  May 19th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Sent K1 Packet 3/4 via Email:  June 12th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Interview Date:  July 5th, 2017 (APPROVED!)

DOS Bogota VISA Received In-Hand: July 14th, 2017

Point of Entry into the United States: August 15th, 2017 (Newark)

Marriage:  October 19th, 2017

AOS Process:

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  November 6th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  November 7th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: December 7th, 2017

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: January 17th, 2018

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: January 26th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: February 14th, 2018 (Recommended For Approval!)

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: February 15th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Green Card (2 Year) Received: February 24th, 2018

Removal of Conditions Process:

USCIS I-751 File Date:  November 20th, 2019

USCIS I-751 NOA Date:  November 26th, 2019

USCIS I-751 Biometrics Appointment:  February 27th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Interview Date:  WAIVED

USCIS I-751 Approval Date:  October 13th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Green Card (10 Year) Received:  October 19th, 2020

Citizenship through Naturalization Process

Eligible as of February 18th, 2021...

Preparing for Filing.....

Timeline
5 hours ago, SugarLai said:

I would like to know how many January filers are still waiting for NOA2? I meant not those who received RFE, I know they seems move forward to March filers now,I'm February filer and still waiting for NOA2,my fiancé tried to persuade me to be patient and understand their workload,but sometimes it's really hard to be calm and seeing other filers whose received date are later than ours but they've received the letter,I just hope my fiancé also understand my feeling not just persuade me to understand their workload.

I would say a majority of January filers have received NOA2 or an RFE, but there are still several users on this thread who are still waiting. I don't think there have been many March cases touched at all. According to the data in the February thread, around 75% of filers for that month have not heard any news about their case, so you are certainly not alone. I hope you do hear good news soon. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

In my opinion, the major problem with both the USCIS and the NVC is simply the lack of consistency.  The process varies too widely from person to person, and it shouldn't.  It should work first come first serve, and in a logical order and flow.  There seems to be no process with them.  It's all luck on who your petition gets assigned to.  Which backs up the point of dbmathis, that the process they use is outdated and needs revised for efficiency, because right now it makes no sense and reminds me of a free for all.

I certainly agree. I do hope that one good thing that might come out of all of the calls being made is that USCIS decides to modernize or change their process to make it more efficient, or at least hold them more accountable. With the filing fee increase, maybe they can put some of the funds to new technology and training. I hope that filers who will be going through this process a few years from now have an easier time and a clearer path throughout the whole process. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

7 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

dbmathis here. Amen to that!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Looking for some feedback for a K1 Visa.  I got my NOA1 on January 25th, 2017.  May 3rd received notice of an RFE.  It ended up being a need for proof of intent to marry.  I sent everything back and they received it May 15th.  I am still waiting on my NOA2 and am getting really nervous.  Does anyone know average time it takes to receive an NOA2 back from a simple RFE such as proof of intent to marry.  It was just a letter from my fiance saying that she intends to marry me within 90 days with her wet signature.  I would think something simple like this I would already have at least an electronic NOA2.  Any help is appreciated!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.