Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's to hoping that things over at the CSC will finally begin to get sorted out this week... I'm hoping to read some good news on this thread this week from the remaining January (and December!) filers!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

2 hours ago, sbane12 said:

Just called NVC and they said they just received my case today. Going by what I have read on these forums is that simply calling back at night today and they will have my case number. Correct?

That's what happened to me - I spoke to them in the morning and they said they had my case, but no number, Then I waited until around 9pm US time to call back for the second time that day, and they gave me the number.

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Luigi&Antonietta said:

Hi, I have been following this thread for a while now but didn't have much to add since it's a waiting game.  I know the wait is killing everyone cause I am at 114 days (Sent 1/23 and received on 1/24 and Notice date 1/27).  But I wanted to write about my experience to encourage others to do the same if they felt the same.  I have not received an Approval letter yet and I was getting anxious and I was worried that there was something wrong with our application.  So on 5/18 I called USCIS and they gave me a Referral number and said an officer would call me back.  Later that night I received a call from one of the officers and he said that he had my case right in front of him and that I was approved and that everything looked fine and that I should receive my NOA2 in 2-3 weeks.  I thought it was strange that since we were approved, that it would take that long to receive the letter.  I waited, finally today I wanted to test my luck being my fiance's birthday, I hoped to give him good news.  I figured that I would just try to call NVC and ask if they received my case yet.  The lady at the center told me they opened the case on 5/18 (Weird and ironic since I called the California Center and they told me they had it right in front of them).  But anyways, to my surprise they gave me a case number and invoice number and said that this week the case should be leaving to go to the consulate in Naples, Italy.  Sorry, this is so long, but for anyone waiting, I would call the center and see what they say.  I was lucky, and I hope it would be the case for others waiting a long time.   The app still says "Case received" and I have been only informed by calling.  I haven't even received the NOA2 in the mail yet, but I have the case number and invoice number.  Hope this helps someone out there waiting...God Bless and good luck to everyone!

Thank you for sharing this, when you called USCIS what did you tell them? Because every time I call it's either "Im still in their normal processing time" or "They are working on November cases still"...how did you get the referral number and find out you were approved? 

I'm considered the normal processing time too because I think they quote 3-6 months.  I just told them that it had been almost 4 months with no word on my case and that I was worried.  I got a nice person..sometimes it's a hit or miss with who answers your call cause some are unhelpful.  So the agent that answered asked me if I wanted to be called back and I said yes.  She gave me a reference number for the call and that it would be transferred to the CSC.  Because when you call, you're not calling the CSC office.  So when my phone rang, it was a California number and I answered it.  It was a gentleman and he told me he had my case in front of him and that we were approved and that it would take 2-3 weeks to get the NOA2 in the mail.  Today, something told me to call NVC and they told me that the case was opened with them on 5/18 (same day I called which leads me to believe that my papers were already on their way to NVC while my NOA2 was just sent out maybe)... cause since you're approved I think the papers still move around even if we are waiting for the hardcopy in the mail.  So instead of waiting for the hardcopy, I wanted to check if NVC at least received the papers.  It was my surprise that they had assigned a case number already while I am still waiting on the hardcopy NOA2 in the mail.

51 minutes ago, Luigi&Antonietta said:

Hi, I have been following this thread for a while now but didn't have much to add since it's a waiting game.  I know the wait is killing everyone cause I am at 114 days (Sent 1/23 and received on 1/24 and Notice date 1/27).  But I wanted to write about my experience to encourage others to do the same if they felt the same.  I have not received an Approval letter yet and I was getting anxious and I was worried that there was something wrong with our application.  So on 5/18 I called USCIS and they gave me a Referral number and said an officer would call me back.  Later that night I received a call from one of the officers and he said that he had my case right in front of him and that I was approved and that everything looked fine and that I should receive my NOA2 in 2-3 weeks.  I thought it was strange that since we were approved, that it would take that long to receive the letter.  I waited, finally today I wanted to test my luck being my fiance's birthday, I hoped to give him good news.  I figured that I would just try to call NVC and ask if they received my case yet.  The lady at the center told me they opened the case on 5/18 (Weird and ironic since I called the California Center and they told me they had it right in front of them).  But anyways, to my surprise they gave me a case number and invoice number and said that this week the case should be leaving to go to the consulate in Naples, Italy.  Sorry, this is so long, but for anyone waiting, I would call the center and see what they say.  I was lucky, and I hope it would be the case for others waiting a long time.   The app still says "Case received" and I have been only informed by calling.  I haven't even received the NOA2 in the mail yet, but I have the case number and invoice number.  Hope this helps someone out there waiting...God Bless and good luck to everyone!

Unfortunately, I called and got a referral and the people I talked to were very rude. The tier 1 just said, "Your case is in received, so what do you want?". Then tier 2 called back and said that my case is in received and they are working on November cases only. Then she went on to lift my spirits even more by telling me it will take 20 days from WHEN it's approved to be sent anywhere. I told her about the online status checker being broken and she said she would tell the training department. 

I am glad you are on your way though. Congrats!!!! 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey January peeps, Feb filer here. Figured I'd comment on this forum as most of you guys would have received your noa2 now? Anyway, just wondering if and when the benificary recieves anything in the post? Is it when they send things to the benificary embassy? I'm from the UK. We've been waiting 104 days now and no word so far. I'm wondering whether I should be watching out for post or just my American fiance? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey January peeps, Feb filer here. Figured I'd comment on this forum as most of you guys would have received your noa2 now? Anyway, just wondering if and when the benificary recieves anything in the post? Is it when they send things to the benificary embassy? I'm from the UK. We've been waiting 104 days now and no word so far. I'm wondering whether I should be watching out for post or just my American fiance? 

Just your American Fiancé should get a document about the NOA2.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, dbmathis said:

Unfortunately, I called and got a referral and the people I talked to were very rude. The tier 1 just said, "Your case is in received, so what do you want?". Then tier 2 called back and said that my case is in received and they are working on November cases only. Then she went on to lift my spirits even more by telling me it will take 20 days from WHEN it's approved to be sent anywhere. I told her about the online status checker being broken and she said she would tell the training department. 

I am glad you are on your way though. Congrats!!!! 

I wish I could give a thumbs down on this. I just can't get myself to love this post. LOL

I did my first call to the NVC today and got the "wait up to six weeks". Ugh! More waiting.

Keep strong dbmathis. You guys can do this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Bitofanerd said:

I wish I could give a thumbs down on this. I just can't get myself to love this post. LOL

I did my first call to the NVC today and got the "wait up to six weeks". Ugh! More waiting.

Keep strong dbmathis. You guys can do this!

This was the exact frustration we felt the moment my fiance called the NVC last month he was told to wait and call again for another month. My fiance did not called again but then he received a mail stating our case has already been forwarded. Sometimes the agents were rude but they are processing the cases already they just want to limit the number of callers by informing them to call after a month or long week

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChristaandJosh said:

You will get notification soon via text, e-mail, or mail and once you got that they will forward it to NVC. Usually it takes around 3-6months depending on the work load of the uscis. I know soon you will get your noa 2 just keep the faith all happens for a reason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Luigi&Antonietta said:

I'm considered the normal processing time too because I think they quote 3-6 months.  I just told them that it had been almost 4 months with no word on my case and that I was worried.  I got a nice person..sometimes it's a hit or miss with who answers your call cause some are unhelpful.  So the agent that answered asked me if I wanted to be called back and I said yes.  She gave me a reference number for the call and that it would be transferred to the CSC.  Because when you call, you're not calling the CSC office.  So when my phone rang, it was a California number and I answered it.  It was a gentleman and he told me he had my case in front of him and that we were approved and that it would take 2-3 weeks to get the NOA2 in the mail.  Today, something told me to call NVC and they told me that the case was opened with them on 5/18 (same day I called which leads me to believe that my papers were already on their way to NVC while my NOA2 was just sent out maybe)... cause since you're approved I think the papers still move around even if we are waiting for the hardcopy in the mail.  So instead of waiting for the hardcopy, I wanted to check if NVC at least received the papers.  It was my surprise that they had assigned a case number already while I am still waiting on the hardcopy NOA2 in the mail.

Thank you for the info! The first time I called they said their system was down and couldn't send a service request. Second time I called the guy told me there's no way someone from California service center can call me but an immigration officer can call me, which I don't know what the difference is...but they were already closed when I called so I have to do that tomorrow. The second person I spoke to kept saying my case is perfectly normal and within normal processing time and that just irritates me :D ...he didn't want to submit a service request I think...but I don't know what the immigration officer can do further than what the agent would... its so frustrating I'm going nuts and my fiancé is too :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.