dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, M&Ms said:

I've had it with NVC. My wife passport or actually a travel document is hand written travel document. Her type of travel document gets extension for validity on the same travel document. The original travel document was issue in 2009 for 5 years, so in 2014 we got it renewal and it was stamped for renewal on a different page. When the NVC reviewed everything in my package everything was perfect, except the validity they couldn't figure out it's on the following page of the regular passport. They sent me a REF requesting a valid passport. I have been on the phone with NVC for two days. I explained to them the situation and where they could find the validity date. They put my case for a supervisor review which will take up to another 6 week because he or she didn't flip the darn page to read it. I contacted my senator's office and they're also following up on it. I don't understand if the NVC agent are not capable of handling all types of travel documents, passports and other international documents, why the hell are they working there??

That's very strange because it is very common for a passport validity to be extended via a stamp on another page.  Was the stamp in the "Endorsement/Amendments" section?  Also, is the biographic page hand written with the original issue date, etc?  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
1 minute ago, mrath5 said:

I can tell it's going to be a good week for you all.

scan date: 8, Nov

called NVC and case was complete 17, Jan

Im hoping all of you hear good news because it will come!

Congratulations!  Did you have a supervisor review date as well?

5 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

That's very strange because it is very common for a passport validity to be extended via a stamp on another page.  Was the stamp in the "Endorsement/Amendments" section?  Also, is the biographic page hand written with the original issue date, etc?  

It was stamp for renewal under the extension page exactly but still requested a valid passport. See the pic :wub:

Untitled.png

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, M&Ms said:

It was stamp for renewal under the extension page exactly but still requested a valid passport. See the pic :wub:

Untitled.png

Call NVC and ask to talk to a supervisor nd explain this to them, this is very frustrating but make sure to be calm when you talk to them... good luck and keep us posted.

Timeline
1 minute ago, M&Ms said:

Untitled.png

Yes, that's really strange.  My next question was going to be if it was in English or it needed to be translated but it is clearly in English.  Sorry that you got this RFE.  I hope the senator's office will help.  It sounds like you asked for a supervisor already, so I'd keep asking until it's resolved.

Still waiting for interview....anyone here got date for interview today ????? 

Scan date: Nov 2

Supervisor review Dec 13

Case complete Jan 12 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Talumepa said:

Still waiting for interview....anyone here got date for interview today ????? 

Scan date: Nov 2

Supervisor review Dec 13

Case complete Jan 12 

I'm wondering the same thing. 

Scan date: 11/15

Supervisor review: 11/27

Case complete: 01/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with NVC, and the representative told me that a supervisor was working on reviewing my documents. Usually I get the usual answer that my documents are in the review department, but they haven't been reviewed yet. Can anyone tell me what this means. Will my case really be completed or am I just getting over excited for nothing??

Scan Date: 11/16/2016

Sup Review: 12/29/2016

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, maria96 said:

So I just got off the phone with NVC, and the representative told me that a supervisor was working on reviewing my documents. Usually I get the usual answer that my documents are in the review department, but they haven't been reviewed yet. Can anyone tell me what this means. Will my case really be completed or am I just getting over excited for nothing??

When I was told last week that my case was "actively" being reviewed, I asked if it was just sitting in la la land or if someone was actually reviewing it. The rep said they were looking at it. The next day I got my cc. Fingers crossed that will be your case! Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NLO1981 said:

When I was told last week that my case was "actively" being reviewed, I asked if it was just sitting in la la land or if someone was actually reviewing it. The rep said they were looking at it. The next day I got my cc. Fingers crossed that will be your case! Good luck!

I hope the same happens with my case. Fingers crossed indeed, thank you!! I am fed up of this waiting.

Timeline
1 minute ago, maria96 said:

I hope the same happens with my case. Fingers crossed indeed, thank you!! I am fed up of this waiting.

We got a lot of case completes here last Wednesday, me included.....hoping the trend continues tomorrow for everyone that is waiting.

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, maria96 said:

NVC reps say that it takes up to 6 weeks from the day the review starts for it to finish, mine was in review for 3 weeks... I know, waiting is very difficul, be patient and it will happen before you know it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.