SaRy

How Is the Beneficiary Contacted for the K1 Interview?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I already posted this in my regional section, but since it has gotten 0 views since yesterday and this is kind of an urgent matter (I'm considering moving to a new house probably next week), I was wondering how are K1 Beneficiaries contacted by the US Consulate (in Morocco if you must know) for their interview: by mail, email, phone or text?

I'm asking because if I move and they send me the interview date and instructions by mail, I would not receive them because I would be in a different address than the one I submitted in the petition my fiancé filed last week.

~~~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have no timeline completed nor do you have your country listed on your profile. Therefore, your post is not able to go to the appropriate forum/country portal for responders to see it.

If you do this then your post can be viewed in the proper country portal. Yes, we must know to answer accurately. The beneficiary process varies by consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Morocco&cty=Casablanca

In the embassy info guide for Morocco it states that packet 3 is sent by mail. It lists an email address to contact the embassy.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Thanks for your reply, Lioness,

As stated above, I'm from Morocco (North Africa and Middle East Region, MENA), and the Consulate is in Casablanca.

There is no timeline yet because we only have 1 step done: sending the petition. We haven't even received NOA1 yet.

~~~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your welcome. I added the embassy info link.

you can still begin a timeline and enter the country. Update it on your profile too. That way your post will automatically go to the Morocco portal where other Moroccans can answer you. Otherwise, you have to wait for someone to happen to see your post and respond.

Edited by LionessDeon

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your contacted by email and embassy won't automatically email you you should email them to get the case moving once your case has been sent to them which is usually a month after you got your approval letter from Nvc

Timeline

Thanks, Sumehra!

I've been reading about this and it seems that you indeed need to "nudge" them a little by emailing them after NOA2.

And I'm assuming it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the case to travel from the USA to the Consulate?

Edited by SaRy

~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My fiancé is from Venezuela and they never contacted him.

i was contacted by email with all the links and list of required documents he needed.  

I just forwarded the email, he did his DS-160 and scheduled his interview within the same portal. 

Timeline

Thanks for your reply, Bianca :)

That's why I should probably email them shortly after NOA2 to get them to reply with the instructions.

~~~

Timeline
12 hours ago, SaRy said:

Thanks, Sumehra!

I've been reading about this and it seems that you indeed need to "nudge" them a little by emailing them after NOA2.

And I'm assuming it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the case to travel from the USA to the Consulate?

Yes they will only answer back once they have your file imputed into there system . And make sure by that time when your emailing them your fiancé has all those documents he needs like police certificate single hood and etc . Cause those can take time to get and they can schedule you for a interview and you won't no the date you also can't pick the day they do 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sumehra29 said:

Yes they will only answer back once they have your file imputed into there system . And make sure by that time when your emailing them your fiancé has all those documents he needs like police certificate single hood and etc . Cause those can take time to get and they can schedule you for a interview and you won't no the date you also can't pick the day they do 

I'm the beneficiary by the way.

And yes, I already have all the required documents. But how long after NOA2 do you think I should wait to email them? Is there some way I could know for sure when the Consulate gets our case (DHL tracking number or something similar)?

Thanks for your reply :)

~~~

Timeline
7 minutes ago, b6543 said:

Right...It is best to contact Embassy and request P3 via email. Wait till your status shows ready.  

You mean "Ready" here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do ?

~~~

Timeline
1 hour ago, SaRy said:

I'm the beneficiary by the way.

And yes, I already have all the required documents. But how long after NOA2 do you think I should wait to email them? Is there some way I could know for sure when the Consulate gets our case (DHL tracking number or something similar)?

Thanks for your reply :)

No way of tracking unfortunately that would make life easy . It's the government it's meant to not make sense . 3 weeks after you get your noa2 I would say to shoot them a email I say 3 weeks because one week -2 including moroccon and American holidays and another week or 2 for them to input it into there system . You might have to email them more then one time too 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, sumehra29 said:

No way of tracking unfortunately that would make life easy . It's the government it's meant to not make sense . 3 weeks after you get your noa2 I would say to shoot them a email I say 3 weeks because one week -2 including moroccon and American holidays and another week or 2 for them to input it into there system . You might have to email them more then one time too 

That's what I'm planning to do, so thank you for reassuring me about being on the right track :) 

~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.