Wuollet

Which Work Visa?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My brother in law wants to move here to the US. He currently lives in Finland, and has a job offer in America. The job isn't a specialty job, its working at a company installing roofs. He has the potential to move up in the company and have a job for a long time. He has worked in the construction field in Finland for a few years already.

Which visa is the most appropriate and fastest to acquire?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has the company's lawyer that wants to hire him been consulted? He does not apply for the visa, the company would apply on his behalf and cover the costs.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Is there any visa where he can just move to america and go work? Or does the work place HAVE to sponsor him? He can get a letter of employment, but I don't know if they know how to sponsor people from Finland.

My wife (his sister) is living here on a green card, so she can't sponsor him unless she gets American Citizenship. We are just wondering what the easiest way is to get a work visa for him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is there any visa where he can just move to america and go work? Or does the work place HAVE to sponsor him? He can get a letter of employment, but I don't know if they know how to sponsor people from Finland.

My wife (his sister) is living here on a green card, so she can't sponsor him unless she gets American Citizenship. We are just wondering what the easiest way is to get a work visa for him.

Nope, that doesn't exist in the US. Work is only through sponsorship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Work visas are expensive for the company to do and they require that no US person be available for the same job. Your bother in law could try the DV lottery , a sibling petition would take over 13 years so it isn't very probable

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Same way his Sister did, could you introduce him to someone?

He could also look at the DV lottery.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Work visas are expensive for the company to do and they require that no US person be available for the same job. Your bother in law could try the DV lottery , a sibling petition would take over 13 years so it isn't very probable

Not true unless they're being sponsored for a GC.

Same way his Sister did, could you introduce him to someone?

He could also look at the DV lottery.

US wife shopping for work? :ph34r::rofl:

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.