2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Lunalotto said:

How long it took you from nbc to local office? And whats your local office? Also, did you get 2 different notifications from both offices or only nbc then interview?

I didn't get any notice after transferred in nbc. After one month I got RFE. and then after 2 months I got interview latter. Newark is my field office

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/28/2017 at 0:30 PM, melissa.w said:

why some people get prima facie and some dont? 

in another words ... if you don't get prima facie it's a bad sign, right ?!  :|  I filed VAWA Jan 23. and I'm reading this forums and people get prima facie in 1 month,  and they are allowed to submit 485, I have already denial for i485, that's why I didn't send it with I360. I understand my chances are low. Sorry I keep asking stupid questions... ( I think i'm in a wrong place, I need forum for beginners. )

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, melissa.w said:

in another words ... if you don't get prima facie it's a bad sign, right ?!  :|  I filed VAWA Jan 23. and I'm reading this forums and people get prima facie in 1 month,  and they are allowed to submit 485, I have already denial for i485, that's why I didn't send it with I360. I understand my chances are low. Sorry I keep asking stupid questions... ( I think i'm in a wrong place, I need forum for beginners. )

You can submit I485 if the abusive spouse/ex-spouse is a USC, or your immigration visa is current, not because of prima facie.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
22 minutes ago, melissa.w said:

No questions are stupid here and if you are applying for VAWA then this forum is definitely for you. Go back and read through VAWA part 5, 6, and 7. If you don't find an answer to your questions there, send a private message to @sandranj and explain in detail what your situation is. Not getting a Prima Facie is not necessarily a bad thing. I've heard of people who have gotten their Prima Facie and were rejected at the end. There's also been cases when people didn't get Prima Facie and were approved. As we discussed earlier, Prima Facie decision rests solely with the Immigration Officer to whom your case was assigned. Maybe he/she needs more information and has sent you RFE (request for evidence) before they can give you a Prima Facie. Unfortunately they will not provide any information about VAWA cases over the phone unless your a lawyer assigned to the case and the processing time of your case is out of the regular processing times. Something you can do is make an InfoPass on the governments website and see if you can get any information that way. 

Do you have your receipt notice and case number? It will be helpful if you end up making an InfoPass appointment. It is still early for your case to be worried. I submitted my case on December 20th and didn't even get my receipts until February 10th. Then I had my Biometrics a month later, on March 9th. Then a couple weeks later I got my Prima Facie - it took almost 3 months to get my Prima Facie so you have nothing to worry about just yet. 

Sit tight and I wish you the best of luck!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, melissa.w said:

Melissa not getting the prima facie is not a bad sign. Many people didn't get prima facie and had their VAWA cases approved and many people here had prima facie and had VAWA case denied. Your chances are not low because you didn't get a prima facie, why do you think your chances are low? If your husband is a US Citizen you can file form I-485 anytime you want.

To understand about VAWA please read the VAWA threads part 4/5/6 .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

One of the girls that I helped here filed VAWA in July 2016, she never got any letter saying her VAWA was approved. She got a letter last month that today was her AOS interview and she went to the interview, everything was odd there. First, the officer asked her "where is your husband", she answered  that she filed VAWA, the officer checked in the computer and said that her VAWA was approved, and he said he would ask Vermont to ship the file to him, then he told that she needed to withdraw the I-130(she filed AOS when still living with her husband) but thank God the Supervisor came to the room and told him to forget about the I-130. It seems the officer didn't know anything about VAWA. The officer asked her about the abuse and he supposed to not to ask about abuse.

If you see yourself in a situation like she had today then ask "when did Vermont approve my VAWA"?.If the officer asks about the abuse and you don't feel comfortable talking about this then just tell the officer that you don't want to talk about the abuse and the abuse was already adjudicated by Vermont Field.

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I'm going on 6 weeks, 42 days since my attorney sent my application, but still haven't heard back from USCIS... No receipt notice, etc.... Anyone else going through this? I filed with a waiver so no way of tracking. Oh and I should take this opportunity to thank Sandra for all her valuable advice and help.

Edited by Ray'ohope
Typo

4 hours ago, melissa.w said:

I filed Jan 23rd as well and was issued prima facie in February. But it doesn't matter, like many have said... Absence of prima facie doesn't necessarily mean your case stands at a lower chance of being approved. Hopefully you would get it soon 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 2/21/2017 at 8:21 PM, Ms.Green said:

And yet another update on my status:

12/06/2016 - mailed my package

12/12/2016 - USCIS accepted and waived filing fees

01/05/2017 - received NOA1 for all forms

02/14/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "New Card is Being Produced"

02/16/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/16/2017 - received biometrics appointment for March 1st

02/21/2017 - received EAD in the mail!

77 days total

Hey Ms. Green,

You filed I765 separately with I360 and you got the EAD??? Wow that's amazing!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i flied for EAD  on 27 Dec 2016 does anyone no how lone is going to take to get to me ?

meanwhile my 1 360 was filed around may 18 2016 have not heard anything from USCIS did anyone  flied around May, 2016 if so what is your update thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning all,

Today I received the best news I have ever had in a long time. My application was approved!!! I filed VAWA in May 2016. On March 13th, the congressman office contacted me and said USCIS has made a decision on my case, but they did not tell exactly what the decision was. I waited and kept on checking the case status everyday but nothing changed. I was stressful, worried, and depressed. I cried and could not sleep at night. So I made an infopass for today. The officer told me that my case was approved on March 8th. He also advised me to do a FOIA to request for the approval notice. 

I hope this gives other members hope and keep praying to God. He is listening to you.

2 minutes ago, prayandbelieve said:

Good morning all,

Today I received the best news I have ever had in a long time. My application was approved!!! I filed VAWA in May 2016. On March 13th, the congressman office contacted me and said USCIS has made a decision on my case, but they did not tell exactly what the decision was. I waited and kept on checking the case status everyday but nothing changed. I was stressful, worried, and depressed. I cried and could not sleep at night. So I made an infopass for today. The officer told me that my case was approved on March 8th. He also advised me to do a FOIA to request for the approval notice. 

I hope this gives other members hope and keep praying to God. He is listening to you.

Congrats on your approval. I hope & pray that ours will follow soon. Thank you for sharing your great news xx

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello Sandranj could you please kindly take a look at  my affidavit I will send it to you in a pm please I will appreciate your input I read amazing things about you and it will help me a lot if you can revise it I can't afford a lawyer and I'm trying to do the process by myself only with the help of all of you guys here at vsj thanks :) 

27 minutes ago, prayandbelieve said:

Good morning all,

Congratulations !!! This is good news 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.