baniners

Double check my I-129F petition before i send it in?!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I've been doing research on this site for months now (thank god for the internet) and am 99% ready to send it in.. I'm just nervous I missed something, so I hope this is allowed and that I'm posting in the right place.

I do have a few questions as well!!

I am the USC. I'm planning to send the packet via UPS express, so I'll be sending it to the 2500 South State Highway address, but seeing as people are just starting their holidays, I really hope it won't delay receiving the first NOA.

Is it okay if I handwrite in the date for all of the documents that need to be dated?

My fiance sent his signed papers to me, but USPS f*ed up and sent it to England so it took nearly a month for it to get to me. By the time I got it, the date that was typed on the documents was already a month past what we planned so he sent me another set via UPS without a date so that I can write it in when I'm about to file it.

And a question about ACCO fasteners. I've seen some people say 2-hole punch and put the fastener in it, but I've also seen people say use binder clips. Which is it?

My packet:

1. G-1145 (e-Notification)
2. Contents

3. I-129F

- On this form, I don't have to write "None" for irrelevant questions, right? I left mine blank.

- Question 15: Has your fiance ever been in the United States? Simple and straightforward question but I was doing some crosschecking with sample forms and noticed that they left it blank. I understand that all the questions below #15 (i.e. 15a, 15b, etc) can be left blank because my fiance is currently NOT in the United States. But my question is for #15 by itself. Yes my fiance has been to the United States (as a visitor) so do I check Yes? Or do I not answer or check No?

4. Addendum for Part 2, 34.a (1 1/2 pages)

5. Petitioner's Letter of Intent

7. Beneficiary's Letter of Intent

8. Passport photo of petitioner (name written on back in black marker)

9. G-325A for the petitioner

- I wrote "None" on the none applicable areas.

10. Passport photo of beneficiary (same as above)

11. G-325A for the beneficiary (same as above)

12. Back & Front copies of my birth certificate

13. Copies of all pages of my passport (expiration date April 2022)

14. Title page - Proof of Having Met Within the Past Two Years w/ contents

15. 4 photos with captions, dates, other people in the picture

16. Fiance's entry visa stamps

- It is SUPER faded and you can barely tell what it says.. I know that the visa stamps are the most legitimate proof, but you can't even see it. I'm really scared that it won't be enough. You can see the date, but you can't really see which country he's entering.

17. Itineraries (the ones they send you in the e-mail confirmation)

18. A boarding pass showing him going back to Canada from New York, lol - this was the only one he could find, and even the boarding pass is very very faded.

19. Title page - Proof of ongoing relationship + contents (photographs, Facebook interactions, a couple days of messenger texts over a couple years, and Skype call log duration, again a couple days over a couple years worth of logs)

I'm sorry this is so long!! I know I'm overthinking a lot of things but I am really just worried. Thank you in advanced!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Use simple binder clips. No holes or piercing of papers.

Some days delay should be expected around the holidays. Nothing major.

Yes, leave fields blank on i129f, write none (as instructed) on g325a.

4. This is toooo long. Cut the lovey-dovey and present only the facts.

12/13. You really only need either or.

What about your travels? Any proof of that?

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I agree with A'n'L.

Make a copy of the boarding pass and send that in. Also can you dig up bank statements showing purchases in NY on the dates that the itineraries show as visits? Those can also be proof of travels.

Overall, it looks pretty good. Good luck!

Edited by cyanmavi

K-1, AOS, ROC, Citizenship timeline below:

Spoiler

Met in school summer of 2011, started dating May 2012, engaged June 2016

07/15/2016 - Sent K-1 visa documents                    04/20/2017 - Mailed AOS package                                              09/16/2019 - Mailed ROC package to wrong center

07/19/2016 - NOA1 (California Service Center)         04/23/2017 - AOS package delivered                                          09/19/2019 - Printed everything again and mailed it correctly

09/02/2016 - NOA2 (45 days)                                 04/29/2017 - AOS text and email notifications                             09/23/2019 - ROC Case Was Received

09/15/2016 - NVC case number assigned                 05/04/2017 - NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP                            12/02/2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Got notice late, missed appt)

09/29/2016 - Case is "Ready" at embassy                05/22/2017 - Biometrics taken                                                   12/09/2019 - Biometrics taken, walk-in

10/06/2016 - Got an interview date!                        06/14/2017 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview            12/10/2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed

11/06/2016 - Scheduled the medical!                       08/03/2017 - Interview is Scheduled                                           04/22/2020 - Case Was Received At My Local Office

12/06/2016 - Medical done!                                    09/06/2017 - Interview time!                                                     05/22/2020 - New Card Is Being Produced

12/12/2016 - Interview done! Visa approved!            09/06/2017 - RFE for (lost) medical                                            05/26/2020 - Case Was Approved

12/16/2016 - Visa issued                                         09/19/2017 - New medical submitted (in person)                         05/30/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

12/19/2016 - Passport with visa, envelope in hand     09/26/2017 - New Card is Being Produced (online update)                                       (First class mail, tracking provided)                     

01/11/2017 - POE!!!                                               09/29/2017 - Received I-797 Approval Notice                                                  06/28/2020 - N-400 application window opens!

04/06/2017 - Married                                                                              Card Was Mailed to Me                                                 07/13/2020 - N-400 application submitted!

10/04/2017 - Green card in hand!                                                                  11/23/2020 - Called for a service request

12/04/2020 - Biometrics scheduled online notice

12/31/2020 - Biometrics appointment

06/24/2021 - Interview Notice (interview on 7/27/2021)

Timeline

Use simple binder clips. No holes or piercing of papers.

Some days delay should be expected around the holidays. Nothing major.

Yes, leave fields blank on i129f, write none (as instructed) on g325a.

4. This is toooo long. Cut the lovey-dovey and present only the facts.

12/13. You really only need either or.

What about your travels? Any proof of that?

Got it, thanks!!

4. So I can just fill it out directly on the form as "We met online"?

I only visited him once due to my work/school schedule and that was in 2013 >_<

I agree with A'n'L.

Make a copy of the boarding pass and send that in. Also can you dig up bank statements showing purchases in NY on the dates that the itineraries show as visits? Those can also be proof of travels.

Overall, it looks pretty good. Good luck!

Bank statements are an awesome idea. Thanks!!

The last time you seen him was in 2013??

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Timeline

The check with the correct fee should be in that checklist as well. New fee since December 23, don't forget.

Oh wow, I've been checking every day except for this week, and did not realize this. Thanks so much!

The last time you seen him was in 2013??

2013 was the last time I travelled to him, so that's the only visa stamp I've got. He's been visiting me every year though! The problem is that his visa stamps from 2015 and 2016 are so faded you can't really read which country he entered into, only the date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Got it, thanks!!

4. So I can just fill it out directly on the form as "We met online"?

I only visited him once due to my work/school schedule and that was in 2013 >_<

They're looking for how you met in-person, first time and also within last two years.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your way over thinking the packaging, just put in order of what they want, of course double check signatures, spelling, and birthdates...etc and put in manila envelop. I've read on another post that they just pull your documents out in the order they want anyway so don't worry about binding it together. Put in evidence of meeting with recent pictures, only 4, this is minimal...pictures with family? Do you have receipts for things you may have done together. You actually have met the criteria already of meeting once in past years, so you better show good evidence of what you have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.