DarkKiss

K-1 Fiance with 3 Kids under the Age of 18

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello All. DarkKiss back of Line. I missed you FAM!!! I need help. I'm attempting to assist a friend who as met a wonderful gentlemen in the DR and they want to do the K1. Doing the K1 process solo is no problem, but he has 3 young kids that he wants included in his documents. He has custody of them and want to bring them to the US. Someone please steer me in the right direction. Is this even possible? I know he needs to put their information on the I129F, but I guess I'm asking, is by putting their names on the form, does this also mean that he is petitioning for them?

I've been offline for a while and I am very rusty! All information needed!

Moderators, please move to appropriate forum.

Thanks guys

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Yes, the petitioner needs to list all the beneficiary's children on the I129F. That's all that is necessary to do at that stage. Then, at the embassy stage, the beneficiary will fill out separate visa applications (ds160) for each of the children that wishes to immigrate, they will all need to undergo medical examinations and attend the interview together. At the interview, he will have to prove that he is their biological father (birth certificate), that he has sole custody and is not in violation with any local (DR) rules for taking children out of the country.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

keep in mind that you also must meet the financial requirements as well to sponsor all of them

Oh My ! I need to inform her of that fact. Thanks for the info.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Oh My ! I need to inform her of that fact. Thanks for the info.

Do you know off hand what that yearly amount will be. He has three and she has one, so we are talking about 6 people. Thanks

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Yes, the petitioner needs to list all the beneficiary's children on the I129F. That's all that is necessary to do at that stage. Then, at the embassy stage, the beneficiary will fill out separate visa applications (ds160) for each of the children that wishes to immigrate, they will all need to undergo medical examinations and attend the interview together. At the interview, he will have to prove that he is their biological father (birth certificate), that he has sole custody and is not in violation with any local (DR) rules for taking children out of the country.

Ok thanks, I'll advise her.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

a household of 5 is $35,550 annually

So do you think $45,500 for 6 people will be sufficient?

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

An keep in mind, his costs related to the k1 will be multiplied by the number of children, medical exams, passport, birth certificates, adjustment of status later on....

SHish! I can see that we are in for an uphill battle! Thanks for that reminder :huh2:

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Passport for kids are 1,850 Dominican Pesos, adults are $1,650, copies of birth certificates for passports ar 500 (different than birth certificates needed later for embassy). It will add up quickly. Don't forget plane tickets x 4

Something doesn't quite add up here. How did a man in a Latin country end up with 3 small kids in his custody? Are they his kids? I know the paperwork from DR is heavily scrutinized as there see to be many fake birth certificates, etc. I don't now if DR ever does, but they may require DNA testing to prove that they're his before issuing a visa for the kids.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Something doesn't quite add up here. How did a man in a Latin country end up with 3 small kids in his custody? Are they his kids? I know the paperwork from DR is heavily scrutinized as there see to be many fake birth certificates, etc. I don't now if DR ever does, but they may require DNA testing to prove that they're his before issuing a visa for the kids.

it could be a great many things: mother out of the picture/run off, passed away, inherited guardianship etc. not really our business

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.