jeshamesh

Calling USCIS? (Feb VSC filer, still no NOA2)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm a bit worried about my case now after viewing many other cases on this site that were sent in after mine and approved much quicker. I've not received any RFE's so I wanted to call vermont and see if I can get some info about the case. However, on the USCIS site it states that they will not give you any more detailed information than the general posted case processing estimates. Is it worth my while to call? Will I be able to find out anything new?

Thanks!!!

I129f timeline-VSC

2-12-07-Package sent

2-15-07-NOA1

2-16-07-check cashed

4-18-07-RFE : (

4-28-07-RFE answered

5-25-07-NOA2 (awesome!)

5-29-07-NVC receives packet

6-6-07- sent from NVC to Sydney

6-10-07- Sydney receives package

6-25-07-Packet 3 received

7-4-07-Aus police check done in New South Wales

7-23-07-Medical appointment in Sydney

7-31-2007-Packet 3 sent

8-15-2007-Asked embassy via email for an interview prior to APEC conference closure, they agreed

8-20-2007-Packet 4 received

08-23-2007-Interview had and visa issued. Embassy people were really nice

09-14-2007-Entered U.S.A

09-15-2007-bought handgun, ate hotdog, drank budweiser, went to baseball game while listening to ipod

11-10-2007-Got married : )

AOS Timeline

11-25-2007-MSC receives AOS, AP, EAD package

11-30-2007-NOA1 for AOS, AP, EAD

12-13-2007-RFE asking for W-2s and tax info despite my statement saying I haven't filed in years

12-18-2007-RFE answered via express mail, they received it 12-27

1-9-2008-Email received saying that case is being transfered to California (good news I think!)

1-12-2008-biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA

1-21-2008-Advanced Parole approved

1-29-2008-EAD approved

2-14-2008-Another RFE, asking about TB skin test and saying another medical exam is required : (

2-28-2008-New medical exam completed ($190) and RFE sent back to them via express mail.

4-7-2008-Card production ordered

4-10-2008-Welcome and Approval notices sent

4-12-2008- Welcome notice and green card arrive! : ) 1 year, 2 months from K1 filing to green card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You can try calling. Many members have called with failed attempts to get a response. They would say that they're still processing the cases since September 13, 2006, wait until that date has passed or something to that extent.

Many have contacted their congressman too.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm a bit worried about my case now after viewing many other cases on this site that were sent in after mine and approved much quicker. I've not received any RFE's so I wanted to call vermont and see if I can get some info about the case. However, on the USCIS site it states that they will not give you any more detailed information than the general posted case processing estimates. Is it worth my while to call? Will I be able to find out anything new?

Thanks!!!

No it is NOT worth it to try to call and certainly not worth it to contact an elected official.

VSC is generally fast and you cannot compare your case to others. If you know it was received and your check was cashed, just hang tight and be patient. One month is NOTHING.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately you answered your question when you asked it. The USCIS will not be able to give you any more detailed answers than processing estimated...

YMMV

First off, GOD I wish I could be complaining about not having my NOA2 yet and 2nd, I see you just a touch, which is often a sign of movement on your case. The general trend seems to be after a touch (not the one 2 days after the NOA1) the approval follows fairly soon after.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Thanks!!!

According to your time-line, you got touched on the 27th so obviously they're making some kind of progress - I'd be patient. Calling would probably only serve to make you more anxious.. :thumbs:

Thanks!!!

I see this on your timeline :

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated as early as March 18, 2007*.

If this date has passed by more than 10 days or your application is past due per USCIS processing times

then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition.

Relax and have a cup of tea

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It can take up to 6 Months until the NOA2 arrives,so if you call they might tell you,you are still in the time limit. Your case has been touched a few times so yeah you should be getting your NOA2 very soon. VSC is known for being the fastest of all the Service Centers but it could take a bit longer than expected.

Filed: Timeline

i think you have to be outside their processing time in order to place an inquiry. Even though their timelines are NOT ACCURATE you still have to go according to what they have. This is a journey that requires alot of patience. I know it's hard but there is no way around it. Good luck and hopefully your journey will be a speedy one!

It can take up to 6 Months until the NOA2 arrives,so if you call they might tell you,you are still in the time limit. Your case has been touched a few times so yeah you should be getting your NOA2 very soon. VSC is known for being the fastest of all the Service Centers but it could take a bit longer than expected.

Ditto what 72maureen said. Also remember that VJ filers are only a small percentage of all filers going through VSC.

And feel fortunate that you are going through VSC. If you had to go through CSC, you'd still have at least another month's wait.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Thanks!!!

As a K-1 vsc Feb filer, I would say disregard all the previous posts and CALL! Many ppl including myself recieve NOA2 on the same day they call. Talk to a live operator, be polite, they cant tell u anything but it seems to help to call. Good luck. be patient and be ACTIVE.

K-1 - VSC

Aug 2005 -- 1st trip, We meet, become friends; Jan 2006 -- start dating

April 2006 -- 2nd trip, We get engaged; Sept-Nov 2006 -- 3rd trip, More time together

Feb 8, 2007 -- Mailed 129-F package to VSC

Feb 13 -- NOA1!

Feb 19 -- Touched

Feb 20 -- check cashed! NOA1 arrives snail mail!

Feb 22 -- Touched

Mar 8 -- NOA2 email!

Mar 12 -- NVC recieves

Mar 15 -- NVC sends out

Mar. 26 -- Packet 3!

Apr 17 -- Medical

Apr 24 -- Interview, Approved!

Apr 27 -- Picked up passport

May 4 -- POE JFK

May 19-- Apply for SS#

Jul 13 -- Married!

Jul 24 -- Sent out AOS/EAD paperwork

End of Aug -- NOA for EAD and AOS

Sept 6 -- Biometrics

Sep 21 -- Email that AOS app was transfered to CSC

Sept 24 -- Email that EAD is on its way

Oct 10 -- EAD card recvd

Nov 10 -- Email that AOS APPROVED!!!!! (no interview)

Nov 16 -- Green card arrives in mail

http://fiancevisatz.blogspot.com/

"Love always finds its way home"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks!!!

even i feel there will be no point contacting congressmen or uscis

u should calll only when your petition is outside their timelines

there will be no use calling them now coz they will tell you to wait

so the hard and sad part is to wait patiently ,

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think anyone is saying you can't call or don't call... just be prepared for a very disappointing answer.....

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey thanks for the answers guys. The reason I asked is that it suggested on the timeline page to call if my case wasn't complete two weeks ago. But I wondered what they would really tell me other than just "be patient and wait". I know that I am very fortunate to be processing in Vermont, didn't mean to come off as impatient or ungrateful. Good luck to everyone! This wait totally sucks now, but it's the last time ever.

I129f timeline-VSC

2-12-07-Package sent

2-15-07-NOA1

2-16-07-check cashed

4-18-07-RFE : (

4-28-07-RFE answered

5-25-07-NOA2 (awesome!)

5-29-07-NVC receives packet

6-6-07- sent from NVC to Sydney

6-10-07- Sydney receives package

6-25-07-Packet 3 received

7-4-07-Aus police check done in New South Wales

7-23-07-Medical appointment in Sydney

7-31-2007-Packet 3 sent

8-15-2007-Asked embassy via email for an interview prior to APEC conference closure, they agreed

8-20-2007-Packet 4 received

08-23-2007-Interview had and visa issued. Embassy people were really nice

09-14-2007-Entered U.S.A

09-15-2007-bought handgun, ate hotdog, drank budweiser, went to baseball game while listening to ipod

11-10-2007-Got married : )

AOS Timeline

11-25-2007-MSC receives AOS, AP, EAD package

11-30-2007-NOA1 for AOS, AP, EAD

12-13-2007-RFE asking for W-2s and tax info despite my statement saying I haven't filed in years

12-18-2007-RFE answered via express mail, they received it 12-27

1-9-2008-Email received saying that case is being transfered to California (good news I think!)

1-12-2008-biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA

1-21-2008-Advanced Parole approved

1-29-2008-EAD approved

2-14-2008-Another RFE, asking about TB skin test and saying another medical exam is required : (

2-28-2008-New medical exam completed ($190) and RFE sent back to them via express mail.

4-7-2008-Card production ordered

4-10-2008-Welcome and Approval notices sent

4-12-2008- Welcome notice and green card arrive! : ) 1 year, 2 months from K1 filing to green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
Hey thanks for the answers guys. The reason I asked is that it suggested on the timeline page to call if my case wasn't complete two weeks ago. But I wondered what they would really tell me other than just "be patient and wait". I know that I am very fortunate to be processing in Vermont, didn't mean to come off as impatient or ungrateful. Good luck to everyone! This wait totally sucks now, but it's the last time ever.

Join us here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...90&start=90

Im not saying you should call just so you can tell you basically nothing. You should call b/c it may actually make your NOA2 come sooner. Hey it worked for me and a bunch of others. It doesnt make logical sense but what the bleep do we know?

K-1 - VSC

Aug 2005 -- 1st trip, We meet, become friends; Jan 2006 -- start dating

April 2006 -- 2nd trip, We get engaged; Sept-Nov 2006 -- 3rd trip, More time together

Feb 8, 2007 -- Mailed 129-F package to VSC

Feb 13 -- NOA1!

Feb 19 -- Touched

Feb 20 -- check cashed! NOA1 arrives snail mail!

Feb 22 -- Touched

Mar 8 -- NOA2 email!

Mar 12 -- NVC recieves

Mar 15 -- NVC sends out

Mar. 26 -- Packet 3!

Apr 17 -- Medical

Apr 24 -- Interview, Approved!

Apr 27 -- Picked up passport

May 4 -- POE JFK

May 19-- Apply for SS#

Jul 13 -- Married!

Jul 24 -- Sent out AOS/EAD paperwork

End of Aug -- NOA for EAD and AOS

Sept 6 -- Biometrics

Sep 21 -- Email that AOS app was transfered to CSC

Sept 24 -- Email that EAD is on its way

Oct 10 -- EAD card recvd

Nov 10 -- Email that AOS APPROVED!!!!! (no interview)

Nov 16 -- Green card arrives in mail

http://fiancevisatz.blogspot.com/

"Love always finds its way home"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.