1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Weebee said:

You will get IL for October in all cases. October ILs will be sent out in about 2 weeks from now.

Please stop spreading wrong news. There will be no IL send in 2 weeks. 

IL`s are send on the very last 2 days of the months, up to the 8th of the following months.

Means we have about 3 weeks to 4.5 weeks to wait for next ILs.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

IL`s are send on the very last 2 days of the months, up to the 8th of the following months.

Wow ok thank you 

7 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Again.. Read carefully what I say. 

The majority of ILs are typically sent out around 28th each month, give or take a day. This is 18 days from now. Which is 2.5 weeks.

ABOUT is an expression used to imply a period of time, in my case of AT LEAST 2 weeks, usually GIVEN a few days. Which makes my expression of ABOUT 2 weeks appropriately used.

Just to sink in - I didn't say IN EXACTLY 2 weeks, or WITHIN 2 weeks.

So please stop quoting my posts saying I'm wrong. You give the impression you are looking for attention rather than trying to help people or even express opinion. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Weebee said:

Again.. Read carefully what I say. 

The majority of ILs are typically sent out around 28th each month, give or take a day. This is 18 days from now. Which is 2.5 weeks.

ABOUT is an expression used to imply a period of time, in my case of AT LEAST 2 weeks, usually GIVEN a few days. Which makes my expression of ABOUT 2 weeks appropriately used.

Just to sink in - I didn't say IN EXACTLY 2 weeks, or WITHIN 2 weeks.

So please stop quoting my posts saying I'm wrong. You give the impression you are looking for attention rather than trying to help people or even express opinion. 

OMG...I just try to protect the people reading this thread from wrong information posted by people with 0 upvotes. Those people usually spread dangerous half-truth information and rumors.

Edited by Michael2017

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
18 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Till January, starting from October VB, we can expect to 99% movement of 3 weeks to 5 weeks. 

Hi Michael. 

My family has to go to Guyana for the interview as the US embassy in Cuba is closed right now.  For this reason, US embassy in Georgetown is processing the cases for Cubans and Guyanese.  Is is possible that your case (PD) becomes current but you do not receive IL because of embassy workflow delays?  

My PD is Oct/11/2016 and I hope it will be current by January 2019 (hopefully in Dec/2018).

Thanks.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ormont said:

Hi Michael. 

My family has to go to Guyana for the interview as the US embassy in Cuba is closed right now.  For this reason, US embassy in Georgetown is processing the cases for Cubans and Guyanese.  Is is possible that your case (PD) becomes current but you do not receive IL because of embassy workflow delays?  

My PD is Oct/11/2016 and I hope it will be current by January 2019 (hopefully in Dec/2018).

Thanks.

Hi,

yes, this happens in some embassies but it is not very common. You should best find out by talking to people who have same nationality as you and have been proceeded by the same embassy. This way you can see if there is usually a backlog or not.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ormont @michael2017

Hi I just wanted to let you know that i am in somewhat the same situation as for Backlog while waiting for my Interview. 

My PD is May 2016 and my date has been CURRENT since May 2018 and case is COMPLETE as of Dec 2017. i still have not received an interview letter and i was told that Montreal ( where the interview will be help) in backlogged. 

Just wanted you to know you are not alone. 

good luck and i hope you get it soon. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Mikhael and other guys

I ve just called the USCIS Contact Center to talk about that issue(Priority date). just to remember, I d sent my petition on Feb 2016 and it has been approved after 895 days, but in I-797 my PD printed Jul 2018(page 96)

The guy on the phone said, the priority date it's not important as much as the received date is important🤐

sometimes I feel they don't know the rules😖

VB works with PD not received date, I don't kknow what can I do now🙌. I'm afraid I'll miss 30 months for this typing error🙄

any comment? plz

10 minutes ago, samfard said:

I ve just called the USCIS Contact Center to talk about that issue(Priority date). just to remember, I d sent my petition on Feb 2016 and it has been approved after 895 days, but in I-797 my PD printed Jul 2018(page 96)

The guy on the phone said, the priority date it's not important as much as the received date is important🤐

VB works with PD not received date, I don't kknow what can I do now🙌. I'm afraid I'll miss 30 months for this typing error🙄

any comment? plz

I suggest you call USCIS again to meet another agent, then ask them what is your priority date in their system.

If it is not correct, you ask them to fix it.

If they deny, you should ask to meet his supervisor or manager.

If they deny, should hang up and call again to meet another agent who is willing to help you.

The last chance is taking an appointment to meet the USCIS agent at the local office.

You should do this before USCIS sends your documents to NVC.

Because, the NVC cannot fix it, so NVC has to send your case back to USCIS, wait for them to fix it, then USCIS will send it to NVC again for further processing.

Sending your case back and forth between USCIS and NVC will take a long long time (several months) and delay your case.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, samfard said:

any comment? plz

Send an official registered / certified mail and ask them to correct their mistake. Also your US partner could try to schedule a meeting with the local office in your town.

There are some F2A cases got this problem before in this forum.

After a several calls to USCIS, they met an agent who admit the incorrect PD and then they send them an amended approval notice.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/437949-got-noa2-approval-notice-with-wrong-priority-date/

So don't worry, you have to try to contact them until your case is fixed. You can send message to people in the topic above to ask them their experience in this problem (if they are still active).

Edited by Triple28

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
20 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Till January, starting from October VB, we can expect to 99% movement of 3 weeks to 5 weeks. 

Hello Michael

Give me a estimate when do you think we are going to have our interview mate?... My wife and I want to be together by Christmas...   PD October 13, 2016.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Hi Michael, are you saying that ALL embassy send IL only between 28th and 8th? or most of them? or there are exceptions? Thanks.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Our Journey said:

Hello Michael

Give me a estimate when do you think we are going to have our interview mate?... My wife and I want to be together by Christmas...   PD October 13, 2016.

Nice to hear from you again. We have very similar PD. I think chances are 40% for December  and 60% for January 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.