1,910 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Gamboli said:

Don't worry about that page. I haven't gotten approved yet myself, but as far as I know the visa bulletin movement is a better indicator of case approvals than that page itself. Also being outside of Normal processing time doesn't mean anything these days, you will just be asked to wait. They're not prioritizing our cases. So there are no real movement of cases, but if the visa bulletin moves further ahead they might process more cases. 

I don't know @Gamboli but for june bulletin f2a movement was only one week....hoping for a movement of at least one month for july.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Gamboli is right. All that matters is the Visa Bulletin. If there is stronger movement at the Visa Bulletin, also the processing times will pick up at USCIS. The only real problem with those long I-130 approval times is, that if your case is rejected or if you missed to reply to a RFE you lose a lot of time before you can apply again. This means, everyone should make sure USCIS has the latest address on file and if someone moves, he should make sure that letters are forwarded. There is nothing worse than waiting 1.5 years and then to miss a RFE letter and your case gets rejected because you don`t reply...

As for current VB, 2 weeks are confirmed. Let`s hope we can move on Monday to 3-4 weeks.

Edited by Michael2017

8 hours ago, familytg said:

i was outside processing time for more than 2 years.. believed me my pd is october 2014 and just approved in april 2018 my i130 , im still  waiting for invoice number nvc stage.. i was in security checks, im so tired i just want to be with my husband.:help:

Sorry to hear about your experience familytg, have u tried contacting nvc?

On 6/3/2018 at 5:58 AM, Michael2017 said:

Gamboli is right. All that matters is the Visa Bulletin. If there is stronger movement at the Visa Bulletin, also the processing times will pick up at USCIS. The only real problem with those long I-130 approval times is, that if your case is rejected or if you missed to reply to a RFE you lose a lot of time before you can apply again. This means, everyone should make sure USCIS has the latest address on file and if someone moves, he should make sure that letters are forwarded. There is nothing worse than waiting 1.5 years and then to miss a RFE letter and your case gets rejected because you don`t reply...

As for current VB, 2 weeks are confirmed. Let`s hope we can move on Monday to 3-4 weeks.

Hi Michael, in case of requesting for evidence don't they notify your electronically as well?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gamboli said:

Hi Michael, in case of requesting for evidence don't they notify your electronically as well?

You must have signed up for electronic messaging, there is a separate form to be filed and not everyone does it. In addition, USCIS lot of times misses this form and does only send letters. So to be safe it is best to update USCIS about any address change. This can be done as well over the phone.

1 minute ago, Michael2017 said:

You must have signed up for electronic messaging, there is a separate form to be filed and not everyone does it. In addition, USCIS lot of times misses this form and does only send letters. So to be safe it is best to update USCIS about any address change. This can be done as well over the phone.

Hi Michael,

My lawyer was the one filed it for me, but I signed up for the notifications myself. If I go to the account it doesn't show anything. Would it show there if there was a RFE?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gamboli said:

Hi Michael,

My lawyer was the one filed it for me, but I signed up for the notifications myself. If I go to the account it doesn't show anything. Would it show there if there was a RFE?

It should show up, but again, often it does not. Their system is not very reliable. But if you call and they don`t see a RFE in their system, then all is good.

Everyone that is waiting for I-130 approval and PD is October-November-December 2016 should better call one monthly to verify there is no pending RFE.

13 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

It should show up, but again, often it does not. Their system is not very reliable. But if you call and they don`t see a RFE in their system, then all is good.

Everyone that is waiting for I-130 approval and PD is October-November-December 2016 should better call one monthly to verify there is no pending RFE.

Thanks. I actually done that, and also called them. But your system to call every month preemptively sounds great. My PD is currently Jan 2017. I was hoping they'd be done with all other PDs so we could have some hope too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.