2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kuben&Tiffany said:

Yep, we're a 12/9 NOA1 as well. As far as we can tell they haven't even touched our case.

I am right there with you. Starting to get really concerned, especially since I see the November numbers dwindling and the January cases already begin a few weeks ago :(

9 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

I am right there with you. Starting to get really concerned, especially since I see the November numbers dwindling and the January cases already begin a few weeks ago :(

Just hang in there!!! I've seen a few people give up after getting RFE or they just get impatient. You'll make it!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
8 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

Us too. And more than a little irritated. I know the people working at USCIS must feel like they are buried under a mountain of cases, with more coming in daily. and I can certainly feel compassion for that. At the same time, being one of the cases that was simply "left behind," I can't help but feel like they're method for processing is disorganized and arbitrary. It sucks for them that they're swamped, and sucks for us that the dice just rolled this way. :(

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

Since I am the sponsor you mean Grace who is traveling here as the beneficiary needs to hand write or type a letter?   Can she email it? I could then print it out here.  

Ok. Not necessarily 

Question : Did Grace wrote a Letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days of her arrival in the US? If no , then she will need to write one with her signature sign at the bottom and also she will need the USCIS response address to put at the top of the letter along with her address , then  she will mail it to you via FedEx etc 

She can't e-mail it because her signature needs to be present. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, minemar said:

Hi guys. 

It's been 2 weeks since our case was approved but NVC still doesn't receive it yet. 

Do you know if there's some delays or maybe this is just normal? 

Thanks for your help

I'm currently in the same boat ! Friday will make 4 weeks and NVC haven't received my case as yet ! They say it usually takes up to 6 weeks to receive cases from USCIS! Hopefully we hear something soon! 

3 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

I'm currently in the same boat ! Friday will make 4 weeks and NVC haven't received my case as yet ! They say it usually takes up to 6 weeks to receive cases from USCIS! Hopefully we hear something soon! 

Have you called them? Or are you just waiting for it to show up in the mail? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kuben&Tiffany said:

Us too. And more than a little irritated. I know the people working at USCIS must feel like they are buried under a mountain of cases, with more coming in daily. and I can certainly feel compassion for that. At the same time, being one of the cases that was simply "left behind," I can't help but feel like they're method for processing is disorganized and arbitrary. It sucks for them that they're swamped, and sucks for us that the dice just rolled this way. :(

I feel your pain, I was 117 days and just got RFE?? If I was you I would try calling, it may not help, but you have absolutely nothing to loose by trying!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

Yes, and just hope the RFE is something simple... 

Here's to  a un checked box or a wrong box, but easy to confirm information wise! 

I mean Grace is Filippino... It's not like we don't have a gazzilion pics... hahahahaha 

We are going through identical journey. I received RFE same day as you. Hard not to speculate what the problem is, but no point worrying ourselves to death, I just hope it arrives by weekend!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, nealreal1 said:

We are going through identical journey. I received RFE same day as you. Hard not to speculate what the problem is, but no point worrying ourselves to death, I just hope it arrives by weekend!

Roger and grace I hope your ref is simple. I am kind of expecting one because the passport photos that Malen sent were the wrong size. I had to scan it into an app to print it out correctly and it came out ok but might be an issue. It's early in the week so let's hope things get rolling here. Roger I didn't think Filipinas liked photos of themselves. Lol 😂😂😂😂😂 MALEN is the selfie queen! God bless and noa2's soon! Jon & Malen. 

13 minutes ago, Jon & Malen said:

Roger and grace I hope your ref is simple. I am kind of expecting one because the passport photos that Malen sent were the wrong size. I had to scan it into an app to print it out correctly and it came out ok but might be an issue. It's early in the week so let's hope things get rolling here. Roger I didn't think Filipinas liked photos of themselves. Lol 😂😂😂😂😂 MALEN is the selfie queen! God bless and noa2's soon! Jon & Malen. 

Just so you know my fiances passport photo was slightly smaller it was 2 inches long and about 1and a half inches wide. I received no RFE and got approved. So, you may get lucky as well! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, Queen30 said:

Ok. Not necessarily 

Question : Did Grace wrote a Letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days of her arrival in the US? If no , then she will need to write one with her signature sign at the bottom and also she will need the USCIS response address to put at the top of the letter along with her address , then  she will mail it to you via FedEx etc 

She can't e-mail it because her signature needs to be present. 

she wrote a fantastic letter to me this am... she needs to send that asap thanks 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, nealreal1 said:

me too... and simple to fix too.. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Just so you know my fiances passport photo was slightly smaller it was 2 inches long and about 1and a half inches wide. I received no RFE and got approved. So, you may get lucky as well! 

I always laugh,  all the girls lots of pictures... And usually not the guys!  

But get 2 or more Asian Females together, and you could fill a photo album! J/K....   Kinda...  OK, NOT! hahahahahaha 

You know this is true! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.