Rob L

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect

73 posts in this topic

This is what was for lunch, so much better than a sammich . great for a cold winters day

chili-pot-pie-63809.png

Marie Calendars has some good stuff.

I usually keep a stock of these in my freezer during the winter.

medium.png?1407541935

Even though I may stray at times, I can't quit Val's sammiches.

Edited by Teddy B

Did Obama ever disavow the Black Panthers or the BLM crowd, that should be on the hate group list

i don't recall the black panthers or blm gathering for a meeting and shouting 'hail obama'

This is what was for lunch, so much better than a sammich . great for a cold winters day

chili-pot-pie-63809.png

it's ok nb, i know its pure partisanship that makes you hate on sammiches.

i don't recall the black panthers or blm gathering for a meeting and shouting 'hail obama'

it's ok nb, i know its pure partisanship that makes you hate on sammiches.

No but I do recall them burning down towns and shouting death to the police

No but I do recall them burning down towns and shouting death to the police

yeah, my bad i forgot your memory is almost as bad as mine. warp on full effect too.

cropped-logo.jpg

too much pink, not enough black.

Isn't this exactly what most conservatives ask of Muslims every time there is a terrorist attack? Why should it be any different when it's your side that needs to do the separating?

He has several times. How many times does he need to disavow him ?

Teddy B brings up a good point - I have no patience for Islamist apologetics or this administration's dilly dallying around the truly creepy ideology that is Islamism. It's called radical Islamism, it should be called such and it should be discouraged at every level.

Islamism and white nationalism however, same thing, different wrapping. Watching Richard Spencer saying hail anything is downright creepy, and I sure as hell don't appreciate the incoming Trump administration failing to give them a good, firm middle finger.

Think about it - Was Obama saying "I already disavowed ISIS, how many times do I need to do so?" enough for conservatives to be satisfied?

Trump should learn from his own criticisms.

Edited by JayJayH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38069469

Donald Trump has repudiated the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his election win with Nazi salutes.

In a far-ranging interview with the New York Times, the US president-elect was quoted as saying: "I condemn them. I disavow, and I condemn."

He said he did not want to "energise" the group, which includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites.

Alt-right supporters were filmed on Saturday in Washington DC cheering as a speaker shouted: "Hail Trump."

In the video, Richard Spencer, a leader of the "alt-right" movement, told a conference of members that America belongs to white people, whom he described as "children of the sun".

He denounced the movement's critics as "the most despicable creatures who ever walked the planet".

"Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!" Spencer shouts at one point as some members of the audience raise their arms in the Nazi salute.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Update:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38069469

Donald Trump has repudiated the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his election win with Nazi salutes.

In a far-ranging interview with the New York Times, the US president-elect was quoted as saying: "I condemn them. I disavow, and I condemn."

He said he did not want to "energise" the group, which includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites.

Alt-right supporters were filmed on Saturday in Washington DC cheering as a speaker shouted: "Hail Trump."

In the video, Richard Spencer, a leader of the "alt-right" movement, told a conference of members that America belongs to white people, whom he described as "children of the sun".

He denounced the movement's critics as "the most despicable creatures who ever walked the planet".

"Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!" Spencer shouts at one point as some members of the audience raise their arms in the Nazi salute.

Good start, but I really hope he continues to do so.

If he wants to unite the country, as he says, he'll really need to keep pounding that repudiation because there are a lot of people out there who are going to see harassment and rise in white nationalism as inextricably linked to Trump's victory.

Obama has praised BLM. Hillary has praised high ranking KKK member Robert Byrd. That's ok though. What isn't ok is Trump didn't immediately disavow a fringe hate group that no one should be giving any attention to. I hope you guys realize you are playing right into this group's hands by giving them the attention they wanted. Congratulations for being suckers.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Good start, but I really hope he continues to do so.

If he wants to unite the country, as he says, he'll really need to keep pounding that repudiation because there are a lot of people out there who are going to see harassment and rise in white nationalism as inextricably linked to Trump's victory.

Just like at a certain point Muslims shouldn't need to keep repeatedly saying "I don't agree with ISIS, I hate them as much as you do", at a certain point Trump shouldn't need to keep "pounding that repudiation" over and over again. People can say whatever they want and he can't stop that. They may continue to chant "Heil Trump" but if he is saying "Don't, stop, I hate you" I think eventually we need to just drop it (from his side of things, still focus on the evil people though). We can't expect him to get up every morning and "repudiate" on a daily basis.

Though obviously he may say one thing but put forth policies that "say" something else. However that will come later once we see what he actually does. A lot of what he talked about in the NYT interview was pretty good IMO, though my threshold to be impressed right now is quite low.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Obama has praised BLM. Hillary has praised high ranking KKK member Robert Byrd. That's ok though. What isn't ok is Trump didn't immediately disavow a fringe hate group that no one should be giving any attention to. I hope you guys realize you are playing right into this group's hands by giving them the attention they wanted. Congratulations for being suckers.

Setting aside your assertions of hypocrisy , we all agree that the President Elect setting a clear boundary on this behavior is a good thing for the country and helps us all put this ugliness behind us. Right?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Bingo. The less attention you give these wing nuts the bettet.

Just like at a certain point Muslims shouldn't need to keep repeatedly saying "I don't agree with ISIS, I hate them as much as you do", at a certain point Trump shouldn't need to keep "pounding that repudiation" over and over again. People can say whatever they want and he can't stop that. They may continue to chant "Heil Trump" but if he is saying "Don't, stop, I hate you" I think eventually we need to just drop it (from his side of things, still focus on the evil people though). We can't expect him to get up every morning and "repudiate" on a daily basis.

Though obviously he may say one thing but put forth policies that "say" something else. However that will come later once we see what he actually does. A lot of what he talked about in the NYT interview was pretty good IMO, though my threshold to be impressed right now is quite low.

Except that one group is a handful of nut jobs that a vast majority of our country hate and that is reflected in the media report's of them and expressed openly.

On the other radical Islam has millions of members world wide and commits many atrocious acts and spreads genocide around the globe while enjoying a degree of support in many Muslim countries. When women gays and minorities are not treated worse than cattle in many countries under Shari law get back with me.