CapitalQ

K-1 after removal

70 posts in this topic

The "reason" they claimed for detaining him was because Benin is not a country that has routine flights all day long like some other countries and the first flight they claim they were able to book him on happened to be 4 days away.

When you talk about abuse of power, the same CBP officer who denied him and sent him to the correctional facility was the same one who had issues with our interracial relationship and she was the same one to be there when he returned back to O'Hare Airport to leave 4 days later. When she saw him, she said, "How was that? Did ya have fun? Did they treat ya real nice?" Does that sound at all professional or humane or even decent? I'd have to say no....and yes, you are correct, I am STILL furious!

I'll say this again...there are THOUSANDS of foreigners being detained in correctional facilities here and many of them are for minor reasons if not just suspicion alone. I wasn't aware of this fact either until it touched someone I love personally. Some are even being abused while in custody. This is no different than any other issue--we are often blind to situations and circumstances until they touch us directly. Then our eyes are opened by force.

If that airport doesn't have flights back to his country daily what would you have wanted them to do with him ?? Handcuffed him to a chair for 4 days. What people say can't be considered being inhuman or decent. She did her job if y'all had a round trip ticket did you ever think that none of that would of happened?? Or even the proper visa to travel?? I've dealt with the racism already having being white and my husband Dominican some puta told me he won't be able to find a job because he doesn't speak English as a first language mind you I'm 8 months pregnant. It's just words even know it pissed me off and I turned red who am I going to cry to ?? Nobody , I know my husband will find work I'm not even worried about that

Back to your situation if I understand it correctly he isn't the father to the child that was in the hospital?? He's not your husband or fiancé just a boyfriend right ?? It did seem like he was trying to immigrate on a non immigration visa especially with that one way ticket.

But one more thing customs can deny entry to anyone who is not a USC that is there right. Also inmates are used in jail there is a saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Good luck with your future visa beneficiary

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

There was a poster on here fairly recently who was detained and removed, got married and filed a CR-1 with solo I-212. User name is blondedoc or blondedoctor. She is from Brazil. I believe it worked out for her and her visa was approved over the summer. You may find it useful to look up her story.

Edited by lacolinab13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

While i understand you are upset because you belive they mistreated your fiancee...its a risk he takes as well as many people visiting take when trying to enter the US.

His country unfortunatly had no flights. Although united had flights you dont know if the government has a deal with another airline to transport people home.

Second jokes from cpb about his prison stay would be hear say.

While a 4 day detention is wrong its also right to the cpb officer who was doing his job.

Had your fiancee had a round trip booked this may possibly have gone different.

Also, who knows what the interview revealed to cpb to consider your fiancee a non-immigrant with immigrant intent.

This is why America is fed up with all the rights and rules afforded people not of the USA we paid his 4 day stay and return home. And the ACLU will take time to defend this....

Thus the reason we now have ghe new govenment taking office in January.

America is fed up.

I'm not speaking about things I don't know to be true. CBP cancelled his flight from Chicago to my city/state and used that money to book his flight back to his country on the existing reservation WITH United Airlines. I spoke to United and I spoke to the CBP main supervisor at O'Hare Airport. So your comment about "we" paid for his return home is FALSE...and they could've put him on an earlier flight, but chose not to so "we" paying for his 4 day stay is also irrelevant...you say "stay" like he was at some vacation resort.

He was treated like a criminal which he is not. I talked with him several times a day while he was there and the prison also had a video call system, so I saw with my own eyes where he was being kept.

It might be true that things may have gone different if he had a round trip ticket, but he came with a one-way ticket last time and to price for flights from his country is actually a lot higher for round trip. It comes out better to purchase them separately...but it certainly could've made a difference. We will not know now.

I actually have a transcript of the interview between him and CBP. I know what was said. Plus, I talked to them myself--more than once.

Nice of you to add that America is fed up....America is a melting pot of various countries, cultures, religion, races, ethnic groups, etc. That is what makes America, America. The majority of people who are here are ancestors of people who began their journey to America from some other country. The fact of the matter is...often times, decent people from other countries with good intentions get treated like rubbish and kicked out while the next guy over there is let in and becomes some kind of terrorist who blows hundreds of people up. So to say America is fed up...I understand that, but this isn't one of those cases. This is a case of maltreatment for no just cause. And furthermore, I AM AMERICA! The new America we are about to face....???? THAT is when we will see how fed up America is...don't you see what's happened already since they announced the president elect? Hmm...

I'm not speaking about things I don't know to be true. CBP cancelled his flight from Chicago to my city/state and used that money to book his flight back to his country on the existing reservation WITH United Airlines. I spoke to United and I spoke to the CBP main supervisor at O'Hare Airport. So your comment about "we" paid for his return home is FALSE...and they could've put him on an earlier flight, but chose not to so "we" paying for his 4 day stay is also irrelevant...you say "stay" like he was at some vacation resort.

He was treated like a criminal which he is not. I talked with him several times a day while he was there and the prison also had a video call system, so I saw with my own eyes where he was being kept.

It might be true that things may have gone different if he had a round trip ticket, but he came with a one-way ticket last time and to price for flights from his country is actually a lot higher for round trip. It comes out better to purchase them separately...but it certainly could've made a difference. We will not know now.

I actually have a transcript of the interview between him and CBP. I know what was said. Plus, I talked to them myself--more than once.

Nice of you to add that America is fed up....America is a melting pot of various countries, cultures, religion, races, ethnic groups, etc. That is what makes America, America. The majority of people who are here are ancestors of people who began their journey to America from some other country. The fact of the matter is...often times, decent people from other countries with good intentions get treated like rubbish and kicked out while the next guy over there is let in and becomes some kind of terrorist who blows hundreds of people up. So to say America is fed up...I understand that, but this isn't one of those cases. This is a case of maltreatment for no just cause. And furthermore, I AM AMERICA! The new America we are about to face....???? THAT is when we will see how fed up America is...don't you see what's happened already since they announced the president elect? Hmm...

I highly doubt :no: his ticket all the way to Benin cost the portion of the connector to your city from Chicago. Any given day tickets are 900 and above one way....nice try we tax payers payed that bill. Along with his stay in that tourture chamber that had video chat and daily MULTIPLE calls.

Benin is in Africa...:whistle:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

If that airport doesn't have flights back to his country daily what would you have wanted them to do with him ?? Handcuffed him to a chair for 4 days. What people say can't be considered being inhuman or decent. She did her job if y'all had a round trip ticket did you ever think that none of that would of happened?? Or even the proper visa to travel?? I've dealt with the racism already having being white and my husband Dominican some puta told me he won't be able to find a job because he doesn't speak English as a first language mind you I'm 8 months pregnant. It's just words even know it pissed me off and I turned red who am I going to cry to ?? Nobody , I know my husband will find work I'm not even worried about that

Back to your situation if I understand it correctly he isn't the father to the child that was in the hospital?? He's not your husband or fiancé just a boyfriend right ?? It did seem like he was trying to immigrate on a non immigration visa especially with that one way ticket.

But one more thing customs can deny entry to anyone who is not a USC that is there right. Also inmates are used in jail there is a saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Good luck with your future visa beneficiary

There actually WERE flights back to his country earlier...with the same airline he came and went back on. I confirmed this directly. They had a choice and they CHOSE to be #######!

Yes, you're right, had he had a round trip ticket, perhaps it wouldn't have happened, but he came on a one way ticket last time and returned on a one way ticket to his country...and his visa WAS a proper visa to travel. He had a multi-entry visitor visa which he had came and gone on before...We never had intentions of getting married on a visitor visa (btw).

No, he's not my boyfriend. He is my fiance and has been for more than a year. With his visa and my multi-entry visa to his country, we had a couple years to work with and weren't necessarily in a rush to have the wedding. We wanted to plan it well. We don't however, have any problem moving our plans ahead. And no, he is not the biological father of my child that was in the hospital, but he is papa to my children. He was coming here for her and it meant the world to her that he was willing to drop everything and come be with her...her condition has actually worsened since all this happened. We manage though.

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time?" Really? He is not a criminal. He has never been a criminal. That was a really insensitive thing to say.

I'm sorry to hear about the ignorant comments that were said to you about your husband. It's not even their business to provide their opinion. Their opinions are irrelevant to the life you and your husband decide to live. You don't have any reason to believe he wouldn't find work. It would've pissed me off too...

Congratulations on your newborn to come.

Timeline

I highly doubt :no: his ticket all the way to Benin cost the portion of the connector to your city from Chicago. Any given day tickets are 900 and above one way....nice try we tax payers payed that bill. Along with his stay in that tourture chamber that had video chat and daily MULTIPLE calls.

Benin is in Africa... :whistle:

We taxpayers includes me, btw...and yes, the returned portion DID cover the cost of the return flight.

You think just because a prison allows people to use a phone and has a video call system that it can't be a brutal place to be? Are you that blind to what happens in those places? Or how innocent people are treated? God forbid anyone you love ever experience such...until then, your opinion has no bearing.

Benin is Africa? Umm....no kidding...did you just learn that today? :rolleyes:

:whistle:

Yes!!!

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

We taxpayers includes me, btw...and yes, the returned portion DID cover the cost of the return flight.

You think just because a prison allows people to use a phone and has a video call system that it can't be a brutal place to be? Are you that blind to what happens in those places? Or how innocent people are treated? God forbid anyone you love ever experience such...until then, your opinion has no bearing.

lol he's lucky to be able to FaceTime from being locked up ohhhhhh the torture he experienced. He is not a USC not a lpr the customs assumed he was trying to immigrate they did their job that's it. From my understanding if your not USC or lpr you don't have much rights in USA sucks but that's how it is don't like it go back. I personally had no idea where Benin is they never taught me that in school I learned about plenty of other countries though ???????. A free flight home how sweet is that I wish dr did that for me instead I paid over 100$ to leave plus the cost of my flight to make it worse the searched my carry on ???? those pendejos. I really don't think anyone really cares what happens in a immigration detention center especially if criminals get treated worse for breaking crimes and they are citizen of this wonderful country. My mother who works in dhs at a airport has a extremely difficult job but she is a sweet heart she doesn't discriminate especially since her white daughter has a Hispanic husband but not everyone is as nice as her. Being on a visitor visa with a one way ticket what was he thinking?? That screams intent to migrate and the evil work as you say was just doing her job. I don't think your "fiancé" had much rights to your daughter since you aren't legally married and he's not the father but I hope she is well by now

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Any petitioner is limited to 2 k1 visas in lifetime. Just to file 3rd you need a waiver. http://www.siam-legal.com/us-visa/imbra-k-1-protections-and-limitations-for-fiances/

It's OP's second K-1 petition. The second spoyse was brought through I-130.

Edited by EM_Vandaveer

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Wow. I want to say I am sorry for what you guys went through. I do want to offer you some perspective though.. the immigration process is long and its tiring and if you continue to have the same and no offense here- woe is me- attitude, you are going to be in for some on going heartache. I really dont want to see that. So I would like you to try to take a few breaths and lower down your emotional side of the brain which is just raging now. And sit with me on the logic side for a bit...

For clarity- the border is a weird place. Its not exactly the US and its not exactly International. Its a dead zone. You have no rights there as a "citizen" which is what Anita was telling you in her story. Everyone is a no one. But we are humans and are protected as such by things like the ACLU. Basic rights to be treated as humans- thats it.

No one here likes to see or wants to see or hear about the CBP abusing power. No one condones it. Abuse doesnt have to be negative. It can be a positive abuse. Letting someone in that shouldnt be. Thats an abuse of power as well. An overly friendly officer letting people slide is just as bad as a nasty one denying people unfairly.

You are ASSUMING there was an abuse of power because he was denied entry. You are basing this on comments made upon his return, how long he was detained, and him not being admitted.

So lets break it down. He was not admitted for a legitimate reason. He is a fiance to a USC. He was just in the country and was coming back very quickly. He had a one way ticket. All reasons to legitimately deny him for immigration intent. How long he was detained is NOT up to CBP. It is the airlines responsibility to arrange a flight back for the person who is not admitted. Your 'beef' is with them. If they had flights sooner- he should have been on one. The issue most likely was as you stated so many times you paid a very cheap fare. The airline was not going to bump another traveler to make room for him sooner. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they have to due to either regulations or ticket contracts. You should look into that aspect of it. Perhaps they were suppose to. I dont know. As for the comments made... well not everyone is a good or nice person. They dont have to be. They can still do their job objectively and be a jerk.

Now you can believe their lack of politeness is a direct indication of their bias and caused them to not admit him. Or you can accept that perhaps they are just a nasty person who did their job properly. You are going to run into a lot of nasty people during the immigration process. People on the phone when you call about your case, people in the interview, people when you go for fingerprints, people at the DMV, people at SSA. Not all of them are going to be welcoming you with a big smile. Not all will be helpful. Many will scoff at you and turn you away for not having the right form or paperwork. If you choose to take it as an insult or personal attack due to their attitude you are going to have a severe case of heartburn and the woe is me's for a very long time and your fiance is going to feel very unwelcome in the US.

Please think about it...

As for your initial question. You wont need anything additional. They will look at your history but it shouldnt be a problem. You have the right to live your life which means getting married and divorced if it doesnt work out. Nothing you did suggests you have been running some sort of scam ring bringing men over for benefits... You do realize if your last spouse is not a citizen they will be included in your household size for the 864 right? Besides that- I dont see any issues. Youll just want to be sure the fiance knows all the details of the marriages if asked. If its a high fraud consulate they might. If theres anything odd in the divorce paperwork he should know about it. Any other questions please feel free to post. I know after the thread took this route you may be hesitant to but the forum is a great resource.

Timeline

Wow. I want to say I am sorry for what you guys went through. I do want to offer you some perspective though.. the immigration process is long and its tiring and if you continue to have the same and no offense here- woe is me- attitude, you are going to be in for some on going heartache. I really dont want to see that. So I would like you to try to take a few breaths and lower down your emotional side of the brain which is just raging now. And sit with me on the logic side for a bit...

For clarity- the border is a weird place. Its not exactly the US and its not exactly International. Its a dead zone. You have no rights there as a "citizen" which is what Anita was telling you in her story. Everyone is a no one. But we are humans and are protected as such by things like the ACLU. Basic rights to be treated as humans- thats it.

No one here likes to see or wants to see or hear about the CBP abusing power. No one condones it. Abuse doesnt have to be negative. It can be a positive abuse. Letting someone in that shouldnt be. Thats an abuse of power as well. An overly friendly officer letting people slide is just as bad as a nasty one denying people unfairly.

You are ASSUMING there was an abuse of power because he was denied entry. You are basing this on comments made upon his return, how long he was detained, and him not being admitted.

So lets break it down. He was not admitted for a legitimate reason. He is a fiance to a USC. He was just in the country and was coming back very quickly. He had a one way ticket. All reasons to legitimately deny him for immigration intent. How long he was detained is NOT up to CBP. It is the airlines responsibility to arrange a flight back for the person who is not admitted. Your 'beef' is with them. If they had flights sooner- he should have been on one. The issue most likely was as you stated so many times you paid a very cheap fare. The airline was not going to bump another traveler to make room for him sooner. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they have to due to either regulations or ticket contracts. You should look into that aspect of it. Perhaps they were suppose to. I dont know. As for the comments made... well not everyone is a good or nice person. They dont have to be. They can still do their job objectively and be a jerk.

Now you can believe their lack of politeness is a direct indication of their bias and caused them to not admit him. Or you can accept that perhaps they are just a nasty person who did their job properly. You are going to run into a lot of nasty people during the immigration process. People on the phone when you call about your case, people in the interview, people when you go for fingerprints, people at the DMV, people at SSA. Not all of them are going to be welcoming you with a big smile. Not all will be helpful. Many will scoff at you and turn you away for not having the right form or paperwork. If you choose to take it as an insult or personal attack due to their attitude you are going to have a severe case of heartburn and the woe is me's for a very long time and your fiance is going to feel very unwelcome in the US.

Please think about it...

As for your initial question. You wont need anything additional. They will look at your history but it shouldnt be a problem. You have the right to live your life which means getting married and divorced if it doesnt work out. Nothing you did suggests you have been running some sort of scam ring bringing men over for benefits... You do realize if your last spouse is not a citizen they will be included in your household size for the 864 right? Besides that- I dont see any issues. Youll just want to be sure the fiance knows all the details of the marriages if asked. If its a high fraud consulate they might. If theres anything odd in the divorce paperwork he should know about it. Any other questions please feel free to post. I know after the thread took this route you may be hesitant to but the forum is a great resource.

Thank you. That was a thoughtful response. There is more to what my fiance endured that makes me angry and upset and stuck in my emotion-mind, but they are things that I don't want to discuss here. This thread did take kind of a dreadful turn and became extremely judgmental instead of helpful. I felt like I have been defending myself and my other half. I don't like that. I am a peaceful and calm person and never really feel sorry for myself in any circumstance...so I actually thank you, again, for pointing out that is, kind of, essentially what I ended up doing because I became defensive and protective rather than my usual state of mind.

I am familiar with the immigration process and I am dreading going through it again. I don't think anyone INTENTIONALLY chooses to fall in love with someone from another country because, as relationships evolve and get to a point where you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, most people don't know the trials they're about to endure. The immigration process is a test of faith and endurance and most of all, a test of a couple's love and commitment toward one-another. It's not for the weak-at-heart. That's for sure.

Anyway...once again, thanks for the thoughtful post and the virtual slap in the face to help me get out of my emotion mind and into a more practical mind. At this point, that happened is basically irrelevant. It is what it is. It has become a hurdle we will overcome...and he's worth it, so however difficult the road is ahead, we are prepared. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you thought of moving?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

In VJ threads always become judgement in OP eyes when it doesnt agree or cuddle OP ideas.

CPB still acted within the law provided to detain and remove people looking to break the law. Whether or not your fiancee is a law bidding citizen of Benin that day in CPB eyes he was commiting a crime and was detained and removed accordingly.

All the extra around misstreatment and his stay were within reason. (In benin i am certain his detainment would have been worse).

Please also remember CPB goes through high scrutiny they are a dammend if you do dammend if you dont agency.

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.