gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2017 at 4:34 AM, deidre said:

Hey Dassie

Nope not yet :) I just completed and submitted the DS-260 but haven't yet uploaded the civil and financial documents to NVC  (coz we have to do it in one go, and right now still waiting on my Mom's Police Certificate from Singapore and my Dads military records , which can take up to 30 days).

Once I can get it all uploaded, then NVC will review and schedule for interview :)

Hi I was reading through your posts... hope your parents got an interview. 😀

Hi guys! I am starting to get worried. I filed the petition for my mom and dad November 12, 2016. Approval date for my dad 04/10/2017 and for my mom 06/12/2017. I sent all the documents they need and I know it says it takes 11 weeks for NVC to review. It has been 4 months since I sent the documents to NVC. How long does it take for them to schedule my parents for interview? I called and they said they’re still reviewing them and that they are not back logged. Please share some info or experiences regarding petitioning your parents. I have been waiting for awhile now. Thanks

Hi guys! I am starting to get worried. I filed the petition for my mom and dad November 12, 2016. Approval date for my dad 04/10/2017 and for my mom 06/12/2017. I sent all the documents they need and I know it says it takes 11 weeks for NVC to review. It has been 4 months since I sent the documents to NVC. How long does it take for them to schedule my parents for interview? I called and they said they’re still reviewing them and that they are not back logged. Please share some info or experiences regarding petitioning your parents. I have been waiting for awhile now. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/18/2017 at 8:10 AM, Dassie said:

Hi gagan have you got the interview date yet  ? Pls update. My parents were busy preparing their civil documents. Just filled out DS 260 for my mom. 

Good luck to all of us

HI Dassie,

No interview dates yet. NVC is still reviewing the documents. I called them couple of weeks ago and they said the review is still within 11 weeks time frame. So they can't tell me anything. I still have about 3 weeks left for 11 weeks. So waiting is all I can do as of now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hi everyone, just want to know anyone is similar to my case. I am a permanent resident applied for my wife thru california office Since Nov 2016 and still haven’t heard back. Has Any one similar to my case received a notice or any idea what is going on ?

On 10/20/2017 at 5:10 PM, gagan_usa said:

HI Dassie,

No interview dates yet. NVC is still reviewing the documents. I called them couple of weeks ago and they said the review is still within 11 weeks time frame. So they can't tell me anything. I still have about 3 weeks left for 11 weeks. So waiting is all I can do as of now.

Hi gagan , any good news😀Can I ask a quick question.. when filling out the DS260 form where they ask "is the mailing address same as your present address?" What do we use? Is it the US adress or parents present adress? 

Thank you

Timeline
21 hours ago, Dassie said:

Hi gagan , any good news😀Can I ask a quick question.. when filling out the DS260 form where they ask "is the mailing address same as your present address?" What do we use? Is it the US adress or parents present adress? 

Thank you

Hi Dassie,

Yes, there's a good news. I got an email from NVC on Friday that my parents are in queue for interview now. So I'm just waiting for an email/letter from them for interview date. Not sure how long that usually takes. About your question, I'm not sure which section are you talking about. If this question is in the section where they ask about your parent's information, then use their address. If it's in the section which is about you, then fill your address. It's been more than 2 months since I filled out DS-260, so I don't remember where this question was asked. How come you are still stuck in DS-260? I thought you were filling this about a month or so ago.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, gagan_usa said:

Hi Dassie,

Yes, there's a good news. I got an email from NVC on Friday that my parents are in queue for interview now. So I'm just waiting for an email/letter from them for interview date. Not sure how long that usually takes. About your question, I'm not sure which section are you talking about. If this question is in the section where they ask about your parent's information, then use their address. If it's in the section which is about you, then fill your address. It's been more than 2 months since I filled out DS-260, so I don't remember where this question was asked. How come you are still stuck in DS-260? I thought you were filling this about a month or so ago.

Dear @gagan_usa. Have U not updated your timeline? It doesn't show you have received noa2. Kindly If you can update it really helps us who are still waiting and looking at timelines for estimated timelines.  Thanks! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsKhan said:

Dear @gagan_usa. Have U not updated your timeline? It doesn't show you have received noa2. Kindly If you can update it really helps us who are still waiting and looking at timelines for estimated timelines.  Thanks! 

Done

8 hours ago, gagan_usa said:

Hi Dassie,

Congrats 🎈🍾 

My parents had to travel to India for their police clearance and so it took a while. Now my tax papers are getting delayed and so the whole process is getting delayed.😘 They have done the DS 260 a while back ,but it's not submitted yet... hopefully everything will be done by the middle of November...

thanks again gagan 

Timeline
On 10/30/2017 at 11:04 PM, Dassie said:

Congrats 🎈🍾 

My parents had to travel to India for their police clearance and so it took a while. Now my tax papers are getting delayed and so the whole process is getting delayed.😘 They have done the DS 260 a while back ,but it's not submitted yet... hopefully everything will be done by the middle of November...

thanks again gagan 

Thanks. And I hope you also get to submit the DS-260 soon. Did you ever get answer to the question you were asking about the address?

Hi guys! On Oct 23 I got an email saying my parents are awaiting for interview. This morning Nov. 1 I got an email and they are now scheduled for interview on Dec 7, 2017. I can’t wait for my parents to get here!!! I have a question though, would they give them the visa after the interview? Should I wait til they get their visa on hand before buying a plane ticket? Thank you!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, IRISDG said:

Hi guys! On Oct 23 I got an email saying my parents are awaiting for interview. This morning Nov. 1 I got an email and they are now scheduled for interview on Dec 7, 2017. I can’t wait for my parents to get here!!! I have a question though, would they give them the visa after the interview? Should I wait til they get their visa on hand before buying a plane ticket? Thank you!!!

We asked our attorney the same thing. My husband is in Canada. He said we fly him to Quebec for his interview, then back to Vancouver. He waits 10 days, and his visa comes in the mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.