gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, IRISDG said:

Hi MThunder! WHen is your husband’s interview?

On sept 5th his case was sent to the state dept. our attorney has all of our papers and supporting documents. I paid all of our fees, and we are waiting for his interview date. We don’t have it yet. Today, it has been exactly 1 year since we officially filed. Ugghhh.  If we had it to do over again we would’ve just hired an attorney for the first set. Because what I’m noticing is a lot of dillydallying with our attorney. I’m very reserved in saying anything about my unhappiness with him because he pretty much holds our lives in his hand .  For example we had to get a few different police certificates because the first one expired because it was taking so long for our paperwork to get approved .  Then when we receive the second police certificate our attorney is now telling us my husband had to be fingerprinted . So my husband went to the RCMP, who seems irritated that they have to fingerprint my husband, who has no criminal record.  All of those certificates take between 3 to 4 weeks, and they are all exactly the same .  So that is the frustration on my part is I feel like our attorney isnt really on the ball. And by all means I’m not trying to sound ungrateful because obviously we’re grateful. But had the attorney paid a little bit more attention to the paperwork that we sent him we would’ve had all the correct information for him the first time.  Also I have not updated my timeline I need to do that.

Edited by MTHUNDER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys, since I'm waiting for the letter for the interview date for my parent's immigrant visa, just thought of checking if anyone can provide a list of documents/things applicants are supposed to take with them to the interview. Can you share your beneficiary's interview experience, so we have some idea or at least know what to expect at the interview? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, gagan_usa said:

Thanks. And I hope you also get to submit the DS-260 soon. Did you ever get answer to the question you were asking about the address?

Hi gagan I have submitted the DS 260 and sent all the supporting documents today😀It took a while for me and my parents to organize everything  . hopefully everything goes well. Hope your parents got the interview date .

thanks

On 8/30/2017 at 5:44 AM, deidre said:

Hey Gagan,

I'm with you on this... best to get the exact amount that was submitted and put that same number on the form. But you should still be able to access yiur tax transcripts easily and quickly online thru irs.gov 

Have you managed to get them yet ?

Deidre 

On 10/18/2017 at 3:03 PM, Dassie said:

Hi Deidre how's everything progressing? Have you submitted all the civil documents? My mom has filled out her DS 260. I am busy preparing my Paper work for them.  I  don't know why I had to pay 125 each for my parents 🙄I am still waiting for the IV invoice for my father.

pls update the progress 

Good luck 

Hi Deirdre how far with your case ? Have you submitted everything ? Did your parents get the interview date ? I sent all the civil documents to NVC and submitted DS 260 today. .It took  almost 3 months to get everything sorted. 

Thanks

On 11/3/2017 at 11:09 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi guys, since I'm waiting for the letter for the interview date for my parent's immigrant visa, just thought of checking if anyone can provide a list of documents/things applicants are supposed to take with them to the interview. Can you share your beneficiary's interview experience, so we have some idea or at least know what to expect at the interview? Thanks.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:18 PM, Dassie said:

Hi Deirdre how far with your case ? Have you submitted everything ? Did your parents get the interview date ? I sent all the civil documents to NVC and submitted DS 260 today. .It took  almost 3 months to get everything sorted. 

Thanks

On 11/3/2017 at 11:09 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi gagan .. Have you got the interview dates yet ? After you send the documents How long did it take for them to acknowledge the receipt of documents? Did you get email ? Or did you call them ?

On 8/3/2017 at 10:57 PM, Tziphie said:

Almost 10 weeks since I sent my ITR to NVC. Case completed and almost 10 days I received an e-mail for her interview date. Normally 11 weeks is there processing time for any docs that we need to send.

Hi tziphie hope everything is finalized with your case? After receiving the civil documents how long do they take to send us the acknowledgement receipt. I sent mine last Monday and haven't received any communications after that. Do you think I should phone them ?

thanks 

On 10/20/2017 at 7:37 AM, IRISDG said:

Hi guys! I am starting to get worried. I filed the petition for my mom and dad November 12, 2016. Approval date for my dad 04/10/2017 and for my mom 06/12/2017. I sent all the documents they need and I know it says it takes 11 weeks for NVC to review. It has been 4 months since I sent the documents to NVC. How long does it take for them to schedule my parents for interview? I called and they said they’re still reviewing them and that they are not back logged. Please share some info or experiences regarding petitioning your parents. I have been waiting for awhile now. Thanks

•  

Hi did they acknowledge the receipts of your civil documents? People are saying theirs got reviewed in 11 weeks.? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Dassie said:

Hi tziphie hope everything is finalized with your case? After receiving the civil documents how long do they take to send us the acknowledgement receipt. I sent mine last Monday and haven't received any communications after that. Do you think I should phone them ?

thanks 

I forget to update  my status  here on vj but everything was finalized on time. On my case I didn't get any acknowledgment letter that they received the docs, I just base on the delivery that they received it. 11 weeks is the normal process but more than than you need to call them. Better call them so that you have an update, that's what I did I kept on calling them. Looks like  we are on the same priority date by month. Hope you heard some good news soon.

Timeline
On 12/2/2017 at 4:56 AM, Dassie said:

Hi gagan .. Have you got the interview dates yet ? After you send the documents How long did it take for them to acknowledge the receipt of documents? Did you get email ? Or did you call them ?

Hi Dassie,

NVC says they usually take up to 11 weeks to process after you send your documents. For me, they took just over 8 weeks. They do not send you any acknowledgement email about receiving the documents. You can track it using tracking number or even better, call them & they will let you know. However, I did receive an email from them saying my applications are in queue for the interview (after 8 weeks). After almost a week, they gave us the interview date which is on 26th December. So we are in process of making fingerprint and medical appointment. How's everything going with your application?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi Dassie,

NVC says they usually take up to 11 weeks to process after you send your documents. For me, they took just over 8 weeks. They do not send you any acknowledgement email about receiving the documents. You can track it using tracking number or even better, call them & they will let you know. However, I did receive an email from them saying my applications are in queue for the interview (after 8 weeks). After almost a week, they gave us the interview date which is on 26th December. So we are in process of making fingerprint and medical appointment. How's everything going with your application?

I haven't called them yet. all the documents were sent on the 27th of November and  it was delivered on the 28th.. .. my parents submitted the DS 260 in the beginning of November. so may be I will hear from them towards the end of of Jan. Patiently waiting 😀😀

good luck with interviews..

Edited by Dassie

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi Dassie,

I saw from your timeline that your visa has been approved. Congrats 💥💥💥🎉🎉🎉 I am hoping to hear from NVC inthe next month or in February 🙏.thank you gagan

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dassie said:

I saw from your timeline that your visa has been approved. Congrats 💥💥💥🎉🎉🎉 I am hoping to hear from NVC inthe next month or in February 🙏.thank you gagan

Hi Dassie,

Yes, my parents' interview was on 26th & they have been approved. I'm so happy. Best of luck to you for the interview. Don't stress too much about it like me. I was so stressed but there was no need for it. Everything was so smooth and easy. I wish the same for you and other VJ members. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 3:59 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi Dassie,

Yes, my parents' interview was on 26th & they have been approved. I'm so happy. Best of luck to you for the interview. Don't stress too much about it like me. I was so stressed but there was no need for it. Everything was so smooth and easy. I wish the same for you and other VJ members. Thanks.

Hi Gagan I got email saying that my parents are in queue for interview  I am so excited as it's finally happening 😀 My parents can only book for their medicals afterthey get their interview letter . Right ?  Hope your parents will be joining soon ..

thanks to you and all the vj members. 

Timeline
On 1/6/2018 at 10:55 PM, Dassie said:

Hi Gagan I got email saying that my parents are in queue for interview  I am so excited as it's finally happening 😀 My parents can only book for their medicals afterthey get their interview letter . Right ?  Hope your parents will be joining soon ..

thanks to you and all the vj members. 

Hi Dassie,

Congrats. That's a really good news. You will receive the email within a week or so. Better yet, call NVC and they will let you know the date. That's what I did. I knew the interview date before I received the email. I called NVC for some other purpose and surprisingly, they told me about the date. Your parents can schedule the medical after they know the interview date. Keep the medical exam at least 2 weeks before the interview. They will need to bring the letter to their medical appointment. Good luck.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

So my parents finally had there interview Jan.4, eveything went well as far as them having every document listed on the checklist but still they’re interview went under admin process, the consular requested documents concerning their past deportation they had more than 10years ago and proof of their entrance to their country. So they were able to get the entrance proof but documents of the deportation is not so easy. I had to send a Foia request to obtain those docs but there’s a whole processing time for that also and now I’m worried of how long this will all take and if that will affect the change of their visa being approved. What seems odd to me is that why are they requesting docs which should be in plain sight for them to view, you would think these are all in their case history why do they not have access to that instead of asking them to show the doc, it makes no sense! Has anyone ever had this experience; I am at a complete limbo with this whole thing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.