gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 13/02/2017 at 6:05 PM, davidoffbln said:

I think Philippine ppl are somehow "priority" at uscis :P :

Yes, relates to a past policy for economic hardship but was never changed. All others are slower, Filipinos are "express" lane.... just the way it happens.

Timeline
On 14/02/2017 at 5:30 PM, davidoffbln said:

Is your timeline correct? You're waiting since August for the NOA2??

Yes, others in July are still waiting ....just do not get Nebraska

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
2 minutes ago, piste said:

Yes, others in July are still waiting ....just do not get Nebraska

Yea Nebraska is pretty slow, I waited 7 months for my moms to come through and now waiting for dads October 2016 at Nebraska also. I don't think theres a way to change center though, it is what it is. :/

Timeline
4 minutes ago, St3phsm07 said:

Yea Nebraska is pretty slow, I waited 7 months for my moms to come through and now waiting for dads October 2016 at Nebraska also. I don't think theres a way to change center though, it is what it is. :/

It is made worse by people getting past I-130 etc. then not updating timelines on VJ so it is difficult to see the big picture.

14 hours ago, St3phsm07 said:

Hi guys, I finally got the NvC case number and instructions to the next steps!!! To those who are at this point, the first step, i am doing it myself i don't have lawyer to add, will that be ok to do? Is there a fee that goes along with step 1?

When did u got your NOA2?

Timeline
1 hour ago, tweet1952 said:

Update: Received IV fee invoice today. 

Hey I'm looking at your timeline and see that you went ahead and paid your fees the same day you sent out the ds261 even though it says to wait 3 weeks, did you get your receipt that same week? I sent out the ds261 last night but didn't pay anything should I go ahead and pay the fees??

Timeline
52 minutes ago, St3phsm07 said:

Hey I'm looking at your timeline and see that you went ahead and paid your fees the same day you sent out the ds261 even though it says to wait 3 weeks, did you get your receipt that same week? I sent out the ds261 last night but didn't pay anything should I go ahead and pay the fees??

When I called NVC and got the case number and logged in,  I could complete the DS-261 but not pay the fees,  so I did that. But once I submitted it,  I got the welcome letter and invoice less than an hour later. 

I got the DS-261 confirmation on 02/11... So the day after I paid the AOS fee. I got the AOS cover page on 02/14 when the fee status changed to "paid".

I would say try to pay it if it allows you to. Can't hurt! 

???????

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline
43 minutes ago, sxa1992 said:

Nebraska approved my case! Yay! They received my case on Dec 28. I know I belong to Dec filers but Nebraska is doing something now.

wow you got approved in under 2 months.  Congratulations! Most of us are waiting more than 4 months and still nothing

Timeline
45 minutes ago, sxa1992 said:

Nebraska approved my case! Yay! They received my case on Dec 28. I know I belong to Dec filers but Nebraska is doing something now.

Wow that's surprising, good for you, glad to hear Nebraska is speeding up! 

4 hours ago, sxa1992 said:

Congratulations! I still don't get how they proceed cases lol.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Seems like the NOA2s arrive based on a criteria we are not aware of; maybe it's country based, maybe the IR-type (spouse, child, parents, etc.), who knows. We have also been waiting for 4 months from Nebraska Service Center and we were told it would take around 5 months. However, last year mine as an IR-1 took 6 months also from Nebraska and we were told it could take 6-8 months. All we can do is wait, they will eventually arrive. Congratulations on everybody who received their NOA2s earlier than expected. And for all of you who are still waiting, my advice is to not worry, it will arrive.

Last year, I was so stressed while going through my process, I did not want it to delay too long. Now I look back and realize there was no need to stress out; even though it was a long wait everything arrived properly, were able to complete all the steps, pay the fees, send the documents, plan the trip to the U.S. Embassy in my country, my visa was approved, it arrived to my hometown a few days after, I was able to return to the U.S. to join my husband and even received a nice job offer shortly after my arrival. All the chips fell in place properly; we just don't see it until the end of the journey.

We appreciate everyone's updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.