gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NYCGUY226 said:

(our priority date is Oct 13, 2016)

Was does this date mean?

1 hour ago, gagan_usa said:

I'm stuck at Nebraska too. I filed almost a month before you and all I have received so far is NOA1, that's it. I am eagerly waiting for NOA2. I have not found any way to get the case transferred from one service center to another. It is something that is done by them only, I guess. This link provides some info: https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

I really hope they reject the new bill that has been proposed by these 2 senators to cut immigration by 50%:(

That really sucks. On the processing time page it says that Nebraska were processing forms from July 2nd on the date of November 30th. So they need 5 Month...California for example is faster :(

Edited by davidoffbln

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think thatsh

4 minutes ago, davidoffbln said:

Was does this date mean?

That really sucks. On the processing time page it says that Nebraska were processing forms from July 2nd on the date of November 30th. So they need 5 Month...California for example is faster :(

I think it's not updated, I'm Nebraska too file 11/30/16 got Noa2 12/2 approved 1/17. Did you try call USCIS for inquiry about your case?

4 minutes ago, Nenfe Mallari said:

I think thatsh

I think it's not updated, I'm Nebraska too file 11/30/16 got Noa2 12/2 approved 1/17. Did you try call USCIS for inquiry about your case?

I think Philippine ppl are somehow "priority" at uscis :P :

Timeline
1 hour ago, davidoffbln said:

I think Philippine ppl are somehow "priority" at uscis :P :

???? I don't think we are prioritize country for immigrants ???. I am just being lucky I got approved sooner. Good luck you'll never know you will receive your approval sooner ????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, gagan_usa said:

I'm stuck at Nebraska too. I filed almost a month before you and all I have received so far is NOA1, that's it. I am eagerly waiting for NOA2. I have not found any way to get the case transferred from one service center to another. It is something that is done by them only, I guess. This link provides some info: https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

I really hope they reject the new bill that has been proposed by these 2 senators to cut immigration by 50%:(

On 12/02/2017 at 10:00 PM, Mary Lou said:

I'm stuck at Nebraska too, as far as i know, you can't request a visa transfer

On 12/02/2017 at 10:31 AM, davidoffbln said:

Hey I'm joining this forum. We got our NOA1 at the 2nd of December (Nebraska). Did anyone already try to ask them to transfer the case and did they do it?

Expedite or be a Filipino ..... only way to get out of Nebraska fast - one person used his Senator as his lawyer ..... he was done and out of the process in under 3 months.

We do not have such connections or network. Germany is too rich and Trump and Merkel have no love. 

Edited by piste

6 hours ago, piste said:

Expedite or be a Filipino ..... only way to get out of Nebraska fast - one person used his Senator as his lawyer ..... he was done and out of the process in under 3 months.

We do not have such connections or network. Germany is too rich and Trump and Merkel have no love. 

Well we are only 3 months in, so we are within processing time for Nebraska. So we just wait or maybe get lucky and get a transfer. It looks like Nebraska is taking 5-6 months for approval

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, Raduga said:

Hi everyone! I couldn't find the January 2017 group so joining you guys. I filled I-130 & I-485 for my mom on January 12. Going for biometrics on February 17th. 

Let me know if I'm in the wrong group :)

Hello Raduga, Yes you are in the wrong forum, join she AOS January 2017 filers. There's so much information there. 

Day 0 - 6/10/2016 sent package (I130, I485, I864, I693,I130, I765)

Day 1 - 6/13/2016 package received PD 6/14/2016

Day 9 - 6-22/2016 Checks cleared

Day 10 - 6/23/2016 NOA Received by text end email

Day 14 - 6/27/2016 Received NOA by mail

Day 26 - 7/09/2016 Received Biometric appointment notice schedule 7/20/2016

Day 32 - 7/15/2016 Biometrics done Walked-in

Day 100 - 9/21/2016 I765 and I130 approved

Day 107 -9/2/-2016 Received EAD combo card

9 hours ago, piste said:

Is your timeline correct? You're waiting since August for the NOA2??

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On ‎02‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, RRR2016 said:

My NOA1 is Oct 4, 2016 from Nebraska Service Center for our son (IR2) and still waiting on the NOA2. It is slow, so I would like to join this group to keep track of any updates. 

Hi RRR2016,  My parent's priority date is Oct 13, 2016 so this past Monday marked exactly 4 months that their petitions have been processing.  We are anxiously awaiting for NOA2 and hope to receive it soon so that our petitions can move on to the next phase at NVC.  We are hoping that everything can process in time for them to be able to travel to the states by the end of July.  We were hoping that our petitions would already have been at NVC by this time but no such luck :(

Anyway, hang in there it is just a matter of days or couple of weeks before we receive NOA2.  Welcome to the board and I am wishing for your petitions to process quickly.

Edited by NYCGUY226

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Above is the historical average processing days for different type petitions at USCIS.  In 2016, I-130 IR-5 petitions averaged 152 days to process and the prior year it took less days.  However, in 2014 it took on average 163 days so they improved in 2015 but then slowed down in 2016 again.  Hopefully they are working to improve their processing times since these stats were published in September 30, 2016.  

USCIS.jpg

Edited by NYCGUY226
image didnt appear

On 2/13/2017 at 11:01 AM, Raduga said:

Hi everyone! I couldn't find the January 2017 group so joining you guys. I filled I-130 & I-485 for my mom on January 12. Going for biometrics on February 17th. 

Let me know if I'm in the wrong group :)

Hi Raduga! You will find the January 2017 filers here: 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys, I finally got the NvC case number and instructions to the next steps!!! To those who are at this point, the first step, i am doing it myself i don't have lawyer to add, will that be ok to do? Is there a fee that goes along with step 1?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, St3phsm07 said:

Hi guys, I finally got the NvC case number and instructions to the next steps!!! To those who are at this point, the first step, i am doing it myself i don't have lawyer to add, will that be ok to do? Is there a fee that goes along with step 1?

Choose yourself as an agent that's what I did. AOS  fee $120 IV fee $365.

Edited by Nenfe Mallari

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 13/02/2017 at 8:07 PM, Nenfe Mallari said:

???? I don't think we are prioritize country for immigrants ???. I am just being lucky I got approved sooner. Good luck you'll never know you will receive your approval sooner ????

You are a priority .... check the timelines and you will see it is because of a decision related to a storm, typhoon, economic hardship but was never changed. 

It is strange, just get through before they change the rules ,,,,, good luck.

BUT remember every Filipino jumps ahead of those in the queue and it builds resentment for those who wait. It is worse when the "help posts" are often from Filipinos who get married having met their partner once .... a bad circle.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.