gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 07/02/2017 at 7:33 PM, nate and riyn said:

This group seems to be more active in response than the jan 2017 filer. I just sent my mom's paper and it will be in chicago lockbox today by 3pm atleast base on the fedex tracking. My mom is a filipino citizen and presently working in dubai with the rest of my family, and thought about letting her stay and have her interview in us embassy at abu dhabi location. Hope this goes fast, i was wondering if how's the chicago lockbox filers? How is the processing time?

You need to promise nothing to your mother, it could be 6 months or a year now, we all await the next Trump declaration and update on the RAISE Act

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-top-story/raise-act-raise-act-to-cut-legal-immigrants-to-us-by-half-law-introduced-117020900472_1.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 07/02/2017 at 8:35 PM, Nenfe Mallari said:

Good luck other will be fast try to check uscis.gov for the the processing time. Mine was Nebraska and it shows on their system July 2, 2016. I sent my mom papers 11/30/16 got Noa1 12/2 NOA2 1/17/17 , 1/27/17 sent to NVC and now got my case number. Be patient and be postive ??? Good luck 

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-top-story/raise-act-raise-act-to-cut-legal-immigrants-to-us-by-half-law-introduced-117020900472_1.html  scares everyone this is how Americans see it as a positive thing:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444686/tom-cotton-david-perdue-immigration-bill-raise-act

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, piste said:

Nebraska is the station to nowhere - ask to be transferred - it is so slow in Nebraska. see timelines

How do you ask for transfer? I didn't even know we can do that:huh:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, piste said:

You need to promise nothing to your mother, it could be 6 months or a year now, we all await the next Trump declaration and update on the RAISE Act

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-top-story/raise-act-raise-act-to-cut-legal-immigrants-to-us-by-half-law-introduced-117020900472_1.html

This is my 3rd time to process a visa. First myself then my son ,next is my mom, base on my experience, it dont matter whos the president, it always took me forever for the case complete, waiting period sucks, but what else can we do? My mom failed 2 times for visa application before trump won. So, its just my opinion, as an american citizen now, that its just how uscis works :) 

585nbjc5r.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, gagan_usa said:

How do you ask for transfer? I didn't even know we can do that:huh:

Unfortunately, as far as i know, no you cant request for visa application transfer. 

585nbjc5r.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nate and riyn said:

Unfortunately, as far as i know, no you cant request for visa application transfer. 

Neither do I... And this is my third time around the block... But I'm always open to learning new information. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nate and riyn said:

Is this gonna be how it looks like once i130 got approve? 

You'll get a message saying it's been approved first. Once they send it to NVC you'll see this update. 

22 hours ago, piste said:

Nebraska is the station to nowhere - ask to be transferred - it is so slow in Nebraska. see timelines

Hey I'm joining this forum. We got our NOA1 at the 2nd of December (Nebraska). Did anyone already try to ask them to transfer the case and did they do it?

Hi - I am new to here and I love that this thread is so active. I am filing for my parents. Just want to confirm the steps:

1 - Send in I130 together with fee of $535 per person and wait for petition approval (how does approval come?)

2 - Upon approval pay $235 per person online and await receipt

3 - When receipt is sent to email complete and send the DS-260 via the portal (how does approval come?)

4 - Wait for approval and then file will be transferred to local Visa office for medicals and interview

Thank you!

11 hours ago, davidoffbln said:

Hey I'm joining this forum. We got our NOA1 at the 2nd of December (Nebraska). Did anyone already try to ask them to transfer the case and did they do it?

I'm stuck at Nebraska too, as far as i know, you can't request a visa transfer

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Today marks exactly 4 months (our priority date is Oct 13, 2016) since my parent's I-130 petition process began and we are anxiously awaiting for NOA2 for their petitions.  We were hoping that by now their cases would already be in NVC and would be doing the immigrant visa process but no such luck....:(

Others sent their petitions even a month later than us and their cases are already in NVC after being approved in as little as a month.  ughhhhh!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/12/2017 at 3:31 AM, davidoffbln said:

I'm stuck at Nebraska too. I filed almost a month before you and all I have received so far is NOA1, that's it. I am eagerly waiting for NOA2. I have not found any way to get the case transferred from one service center to another. It is something that is done by them only, I guess. This link provides some info: https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

I really hope they reject the new bill that has been proposed by these 2 senators to cut immigration by 50%:(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi everyone! I couldn't find the January 2017 group so joining you guys. I filled I-130 & I-485 for my mom on January 12. Going for biometrics on February 17th. 

Let me know if I'm in the wrong group :)

AOS from B1/B2:

January 12 - I-130 & I-485 Delivered

January 24 - Both checks cashed

January 26 - Both NoAs received

February 9 - Biometrics letter received

February 17 - Biometrics appointment

January 18 - Green Card Ordered (No Interview)

January 22 - Green Card Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.