Jamaican_Gooner

N-400 November 2016 Filers

1,323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vegasbound said:

Hey @L0bster00 I know the process can be frustrating but hang in there! Have you tried calling USCIS yet? I think it is reasonable to inquire as to why your case is not in-line to be scheduled for an interview. Call everyday if you have to and hope that you will get someone who's willing to help. Of course, being nice with the agent over the phone can sometimes get you further too.

I'm waiting for inline too and today I called them and they said I should be "in line" but the online status sometimes doesn't update, they also said my case is not in NBC anymore, but in St. Paul local office, that means it is inline. So that's what they told me. Maybe it's the same for you. I guess just call them one more time and see if you can hit a more friendly and knowledgeable staff. I had better luck this time.

22 minutes ago, Yoyobunny said:

Does all of us have receipt number in this format?

NBC*00719****

I wonder what this format means? As i see numbers after me have interview scheduled but mine is stuck with FP status. :(

yes Sir

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Does anyone have FO in SF? Have been in-line from Jan 4th but still not seen an update...

N-400 Naturalization Journey SAN FRANCISCO FIELD OFFICE

Total processing time from last successful submission to Oath Ceremony: 253 days (8 months and 11 days)

Spoiler

02/26/2012: Arrived SF airport. 

11/28/2016: Eligible for early-filling.

Day 00 - 12/23/2016: Sent N-400 + I-942 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS.

Day 03 - 12/26/2016: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 25 - 01/17/2017: Sent email to support regards to application.

Day 26 - 01/18/2017: N-400 rejected because incorrect payment amount.

Day 32 - 01/24/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent.

Day 34 - 01/26/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 49 - 02/10/2017: N-400 rejected again because incorrect payment amount.

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: Email form USCIS support responded package was rejected in error (!?) for the first and second time submissions, they requested 3rd resubmission + tracking number in order to apply my earliest priority date. 

Day 52 - 02/13/2017: N-400 + I-942 resent on the same day, also sent a response to Lockbox to provide information to USCIS.

Day 54 (Day 0) - 02/15/2017: N-400 application marked delivered.

Day 62 (Day 8) - 02/23/2017: E-notification, E-mail from USCIS, E-mail from Support announced Resubmission was accepted.

Day 66 (Day 12)- 02/27/2017: Notice of Acceptance as Fees Waiver Approval received. (All fees were waived instead of reduced by half as supposed by filing form I-942)

Day 69 (Day 15) - 03/02/2017: Online Status Update: Fingerprint Appointment was scheduled. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Fingerprint Appointment Letter received. Biometric will be on 3/15/17. 

Day 70  (Day 16) - 03/03/2017: Early Walked-In for Biometric at 3:45 PM.

Day 87 (Day 33) - 03/20/2017: Online Status Update: Case was placed in line for interview. 

Day 234 (Day 180) - 08/14/2017: Online Status Update: Interview has been scheduled.

Day 239 (Day 185) - 08/19/2017: Interview Letter received.

Day 269 (Day 215) - 09/18/2017: Interview 2:30 PM at USCIS SF Field Office. Recommended For Approval. 

Day 280 (Day 226) - 09/29/2017: Oath Ceremony Letter received. N400 is approved.

Day 291 (Day 237) - 10/10/2017: Last Online Status Update: Oath Letter was mailed. Too late!

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA. Citizenship granted.

Day 307 (Day 253) - 10/26/2017: Passport applied.

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Passport Booklet received. 

Day 321 (Day 267) - 11/09/2017: Naturalization Certificate received. Journey done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Received interview letter for 24th April Interview. 

For those who are waiting, my case was on finger printing appointment  status for 4 months and the moved to inline to interview schedule to interview letter in a week. So don't worry, once it moves, it should move quickly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
23 hours ago, N400wait said:

For those who are waiting, my case was on finger printing appointment  status for 4 months and the moved to inline to interview schedule to interview letter in a week. So don't worry, once it moves, it should move quickly.

Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Hi guys,

I just got done with my interview in Chicago. It didn't last more than 20 minutes. I didn't have passport pictures so i had to go get those and return to the office. I was asked the following:

• When I got married
  • How I met my ex husband
  • Why I divorced
  • to confirm I had a son with my ex husband
  • if my son lives with me
  • how long i have been employed with my current employer
  • then she went through the N-400 form to confirm everything

Now to the civics test:

• what is the rule of the law
  • how many voting members of the House of Representatives
  • When do we vote the President
  • We elect the US representative for how many years
  • we end the president for how many years
  • what does the judicial branch do
  • who is the Chief Justice of the US (I missed this one).

Documents that were needed:

• Interview letter
  • Divorce decree
  • Green card and 1 more ID (both returned at the end of interview)

I was told a decision cannot be made because of the missing passport pictures but I should drop them off not later than today then I will get a letter in the mail in 5 weeks.

she also asked a lot about the country I am from because she has never heard of it or met anyone from there ( I assume this was for her personal interest)

30/07/09: Mailed signed G325A to Fiance
26/08/09: Mailed I-129F package to USCIS
03/09/09: Package Received
04/09/09: NOA1
14/09/09: NOA1 Hardcopy
25/11/09: NOA2
04/12/09: Case mailed from NVC to Embassy
07/12/09: Embassy mailed Packet 3
06/01/10: Still havent received Packet 3 in the mail
07/01/10: Emailed the embassy and discovered the adress on record is incorrect; Packet 3 was emailed to me as a PDF attachment
22/02/10: Emailed my checklist and DS-230
18/03/10: Medicals
23/03/10: Interview: Approved
25/03/10: Picking up passport
21/09/10: POE NY

01/12/10: Married
07/02/11: Sent out AOS Package
09/02/11: Package received
11/02/11: NOA1 (I-765, I-485, I-131)
11/04/11: Received EAD and AP Card

N-400

11/15/16: Mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, LesP said:

Hi guys,

I just got done with my interview in Chicago. It didn't last more than 20 minutes. I didn't have passport pictures so i had to go get those and return to the office. I was asked the following:

• When I got married
  • How I met my ex husband
  • Why I divorced
  • to confirm I had a son with my ex husband
  • if my son lives with me
  • how long i have been employed with my current employer
  • then she went through the N-400 form to confirm everything

Now to the civics test:

• what is the rule of the law
  • how many voting members of the House of Representatives
  • When do we vote the President
  • We elect the US representative for how many years
  • we end the president for how many years
  • what does the judicial branch do
  • who is the Chief Justice of the US (I missed this one).

Documents that were needed:

• Interview letter
  • Divorce decree
  • Green card and 1 more ID (both returned at the end of interview)

I was told a decision cannot be made because of the missing passport pictures but I should drop them off not later than today then I will get a letter in the mail in 5 weeks.

she also asked a lot about the country I am from because she has never heard of it or met anyone from there ( I assume this was for her personal interest)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Do you know why Did they ask for passport pictures? Didn't you send them with your N-400 application form? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lesotho
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Laloka said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Do you know why Did they ask for passport pictures? Didn't you send them with your N-400 application form? 

I did not send pictures with my N-400 because it says you only need to send pictures if you're outside the US. Someone told me I need them for the interview but I didn't believe them. ;)

30/07/09: Mailed signed G325A to Fiance
26/08/09: Mailed I-129F package to USCIS
03/09/09: Package Received
04/09/09: NOA1
14/09/09: NOA1 Hardcopy
25/11/09: NOA2
04/12/09: Case mailed from NVC to Embassy
07/12/09: Embassy mailed Packet 3
06/01/10: Still havent received Packet 3 in the mail
07/01/10: Emailed the embassy and discovered the adress on record is incorrect; Packet 3 was emailed to me as a PDF attachment
22/02/10: Emailed my checklist and DS-230
18/03/10: Medicals
23/03/10: Interview: Approved
25/03/10: Picking up passport
21/09/10: POE NY

01/12/10: Married
07/02/11: Sent out AOS Package
09/02/11: Package received
11/02/11: NOA1 (I-765, I-485, I-131)
11/04/11: Received EAD and AP Card

N-400

11/15/16: Mailed

Filed: Timeline
On 3/26/2017 at 7:23 AM, N400wait said:

Hey you are not in the list ? Can you give your TimeLine ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, LesP said:

I did not send pictures with my N-400 because it says you only need to send pictures if you're outside the US. Someone told me I need them for the interview but I didn't believe them. ;)

Oh ok, I was getting ready to go get my pics but I did send them with the application. Thanks for aswering my questions.

and Congrats ??, looks like everything went well with you, besides those pics ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, LesP said:

It's arbitrary stuff like this that I cannot wait to never have to deal with again.  We didn't send pictures with our application either because the instructions say you didn't need to.  I'm sorry you didn't get approved today .  It should have been "sorry, I know the application said you didn't need them, but it's incorrect (or we are making our own policy up).  If you can drop them off here shortly, we will get this processed and approved today."  (but then again, I've dealt with the USCIS to know better.)

Guess we will bring some photos with us, just in case.

Congrats, though!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.