enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Today I had my AOS interview at the Sacramento office. The day didn't get off to a great start because traffic was atrocious. We arrived basically on the dot. I was worried because I had heard they observe you in the waiting room so I thought it wouldn't bode well if they saw us arrive in a full sprint. We basically waited for 10 minutes and then were called in. The officer was very pleasant and directed each of us to sit in a particular spot. He asked for a bit of paperwork including our taxes, my SSN (along with the paper it was mailed with) and our passports and drivers licenses. He asked if we lived at the same address and questioned why my spouse hadn't changed his DL to reflect that. (who wants to visit the DMV if you don't have to - and it's not due until September?!) Anyway, we brought a photo album that we made ourselves containing pics of our many travels. The officer asked how we met and where. What we each did for a living, our own dates of birth. He remarked that it looks like we've had a lot of fun on our trips. He left the room to take copies of the taxes etc. and our photos. When he returned, he said that we were approved and explained the procedures to remove the conditions of the green card in two years. He shook our hands and congratulated us - I'm not sure if on the marriage or the approval but he seemed genuinely happy for us and wished us well. Overall, we were in there for 30 minutes from the time we arrived. 15 minutes after we left, the status on the USCIS website updated to "card is ordered" and later in the day it said "case is approved." I am just so ecstatic that we weren't interrogated or even questioned separately for that matter. I would have to say it was the best experience I've ever had in my dealings with USCIS so far. I feel so badly for you other couples who are getting the runaround and have such terrible delays with the EAD. Hopefully once you are called for an interview, the process will proceed a lot more smoothly. My app said that today is my day 198 from the day of filing. Thank goodness this stage is complete.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I woke up this morning, saw my husband off to work, and laid in bed for a bit feeling sorry for myself. I think that we all need mornings like that sometimes. I thought about how I needed to walk over to the local library to print off the privacy release form that the senator's office sent me yesterday, filed a service request for the I-485 (because why not?), and decided to call and try to start another service request for my EAD after breakfast. I made myself a bagel and some tea, sat down on the couch, and noticed I had notifications on my phone. From the USCIS tracker. About my EAD and AP. In the rush of nerves, I temporarily forgot how to use my phone, then saw that the tracker hadn't updated. Then I temporarily forgot how to use both my iPad and the USCIS site, but when I figured it out...crying. Lots of it.

I don't even have the words to express my relief.

image.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, samack said:

I woke up this morning, saw my husband off to work, and laid in bed for a bit feeling sorry for myself. I think that we all need mornings like that sometimes. I thought about how I needed to walk over to the local library to print off the privacy release form that the senator's office sent me yesterday, filed a service request for the I-485 (because why not?), and decided to call and try to start another service request for my EAD after breakfast. I made myself a bagel and some tea, sat down on the couch, and noticed I had notifications on my phone. From the USCIS tracker. About my EAD and AP. In the rush of nerves, I temporarily forgot how to use my phone, then saw that the tracker hadn't updated. Then I temporarily forgot how to use both my iPad and the USCIS site, but when I figured it out...crying. Lots of it.

I don't even have the words to express my relief.

image.jpeg

This is amazing!!  Now you can change your status to Adjustment of Status approved!   Congratulations!

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

This is amazing!!  Now you can change your status to Adjustment of Status approved!   Congratulations!

Thank you! It's just the EAD/AP for now, but I'll more than take it. The 191st day. What a nightmare.

I just checked the AP status update and it says that my appeal has been dismissed and the status on the case remains the same. I'm assuming that's just because I had filed a service request on it that never actually got assigned? I'm hoping, anyway, and choosing to focus on the fact that the EAD says what it does.

I texted my husband right away and his response was "told you everything would be fine". His level of calm drives me crazy sometimes, haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, samack said:

Thank you! It's just the EAD/AP for now, but I'll more than take it. The 191st day. What a nightmare.

I just checked the AP status update and it says that my appeal has been dismissed and the status on the case remains the same. I'm assuming that's just because I had filed a service request on it that never actually got assigned? I'm hoping, anyway, and choosing to focus on the fact that the EAD says what it does.

I texted my husband right away and his response was "told you everything would be fine". His level of calm drives me crazy sometimes, haha.

It's about damn time... I can't even imagine.  I'm SO beyond happy for you.  I sincerely hope your 485 approval isn't far off.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

It's about damn time... I can't even imagine.  I'm SO beyond happy for you.  I sincerely hope your 485 approval isn't far off.

The absolute dream scenario would be if I woke up tomorrow to news that that had been approved too, but I'll take just getting the approval letter/card in a really timely fashion. I called USCIS again today to ask about the "appeal denied" thing for the travel document and the tier 2 agent said that it was just a glitch because, from what he could see, I've been approved for both. He also said to contact them if I don't get everything in the mail in the next 30 days and I really wanted to say "don't even start. Don't put that out into the universe because it WILL happen", haha. 

Now I'm hoping that my luck continues and that my second (and third, they're doing two back to back) interview goes well on Friday. My husband surprised

me the other day with a trip to Universal Studios for my birthday and I really want to be able to make a bit of money before we go so I can help out.

I've felt lighter today than I have in weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, samack said:

The absolute dream scenario would be if I woke up tomorrow to news that that had been approved too, but I'll take just getting the approval letter/card in a really timely fashion. I called USCIS again today to ask about the "appeal denied" thing for the travel document and the tier 2 agent said that it was just a glitch because, from what he could see, I've been approved for both. He also said to contact them if I don't get everything in the mail in the next 30 days and I really wanted to say "don't even start. Don't put that out into the universe because it WILL happen", haha. 

Now I'm hoping that my luck continues and that my second (and third, they're doing two back to back) interview goes well on Friday. My husband surprised

me the other day with a trip to Universal Studios for my birthday and I really want to be able to make a bit of money before we go so I can help out.

I've felt lighter today than I have in weeks. 

CONGRATS!!!

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline

Status just updated to "card was mailed to me"! Earlier today I had a (double) interview for a job that went really well, and I'm assuming that, pending all of the HR paperwork being processed, it's mine if I want it. I told them that I should have my card in hand within a week or so but was definitely worried I'd end up with an outlier case that would take a month. Guess not!

Today was a good day. Things are finally coming together!

Hi guys ! I have good news ! My hubby's AOS interview was on May 22 in NYC, and the officer asked us a lot of questions, in the end she said she couldn't find our medical so she gave us a paper that said she needed to review more things and she said she would send us a letter in the mail with whatever else she would need including a new medical. My congressman's office actually just called me today to ask how everything is going and if I heard anything after the interview. I said i was waiting to receive the letter and he said let me know if you don't hear back by the end of the week. I just checked the USCIS status out of habit and it says the AOS is approved!!! I guess the officer found the medical or changed her mind but it's such a relief !! Now just have to wait for the card to come and the waiting game is over for now! 

I wish everyone who hasn't received anything yet good luck. And if anyone needs help or has questions feel free to ask I would love to help out with as much as I can! This group has been so helpful throughout this long, aching process. I'm so thankful for VJ!

Filed: Timeline

approximately how long before trying to contact congressperson for 485 status being at fingerprint fee received. (biometrics were done).

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, enxhi96 said:

Hi guys ! I have good news ! My hubby's AOS interview was on May 22 in NYC, and the officer asked us a lot of questions, in the end she said she couldn't find our medical so she gave us a paper that said she needed to review more things and she said she would send us a letter in the mail with whatever else she would need including a new medical. My congressman's office actually just called me today to ask how everything is going and if I heard anything after the interview. I said i was waiting to receive the letter and he said let me know if you don't hear back by the end of the week. I just checked the USCIS status out of habit and it says the AOS is approved!!! I guess the officer found the medical or changed her mind but it's such a relief !! Now just have to wait for the card to come and the waiting game is over for now! 

I wish everyone who hasn't received anything yet good luck. And if anyone needs help or has questions feel free to ask I would love to help out with as much as I can! This group has been so helpful throughout this long, aching process. I'm so thankful for VJ!

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your experiences. 

My husband is still waiting. We dont even have an interview date for NYC and its been over 6 months. 

Heres a quick overview of everything:

Filed paper work NOV 2016

Fingerprints Dec 2016

Work permit received Feb 2017 ....with name error

Sent back work permit Feb 2017

Filed Advanced Parole I-131 March 2017 (after getting receipt from the second I-765)

April 2017 ...hubbys grandmother died

Filed expedite request for I-131

Waited 2 weeks, got no answer

May 9, 2017...went into infopass, got on spot approval for I-131. The agent also told us that his I-765 was approved and we would hear something soon about the I-485 interview. 

Advanced Parole document received May 16th and hubby was able to go home to Jamaica

Its now June 6th and we still havent heard anything about a the I-485 OR the I-765 Replacement

Called USCIS last week and the Tier 2 was equally confusing so we filed a service request. 

We scheduled another infopass for June 12th

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

11/4/16 Mailed forms to Chicago lockbox via FedEx

11/7/16 Paperwork received at lockbox

11/22/16 NOA Received via Text/Email

12/15/16 Biometrics complete

02/06/17: EAD card Being produced

02/09/17: EAD card mailed

02/16/17: EAD card received (with typographic error)

02/17/17: EAD Typographic error E-Request sent

02/21/17: EAD Correction application with documents mailed to NBC

02/24/17: EAD Packet signed by USCIS

03/14/17: Text/Email NOA

03/21/17: Hardcopy NOA received

03/25/17: Mailed out I-131

04/10/17: Biometrics repeated for EAD I-765

04/21/17: i-131 Expedite request

05/10/17: I-131 Approved at Infopass appointment

06/12/17: Local congresswoman contacted

06/19/17: Documents sent to congresswoman 

06/20/17: i-765 EAD Card is being produced

06/24/17: NOA hard copy received

06/26/17: EAD Card in hand

09/13/17: AOS interview

09/13/17: Green Card produced

09/15/17: Green Card mailed

09/18/17: Green Card in hand

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, enxhi96 said:

Also,

Which Congressman did you contact?

10/3/16 Married in NYC!

11/4/16 Mailed forms to Chicago lockbox via FedEx

11/7/16 Paperwork received at lockbox

11/22/16 NOA Received via Text/Email

12/15/16 Biometrics complete

02/06/17: EAD card Being produced

02/09/17: EAD card mailed

02/16/17: EAD card received (with typographic error)

02/17/17: EAD Typographic error E-Request sent

02/21/17: EAD Correction application with documents mailed to NBC

02/24/17: EAD Packet signed by USCIS

03/14/17: Text/Email NOA

03/21/17: Hardcopy NOA received

03/25/17: Mailed out I-131

04/10/17: Biometrics repeated for EAD I-765

04/21/17: i-131 Expedite request

05/10/17: I-131 Approved at Infopass appointment

06/12/17: Local congresswoman contacted

06/19/17: Documents sent to congresswoman 

06/20/17: i-765 EAD Card is being produced

06/24/17: NOA hard copy received

06/26/17: EAD Card in hand

09/13/17: AOS interview

09/13/17: Green Card produced

09/15/17: Green Card mailed

09/18/17: Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.