enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

USCIS is also known as the "misinformation line".  So take what they say with a grain of salt.  They told another person here that and within days they received their AP/EAD combo card.

What is an RFIE???   I believe here on VJ its called an RFE

Short story : RFIE - request for initial evidence ( restart the clock) and RFE - request for evidence (just pausing the clock). This is what i was told

AOS - PENDING

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

Short story : RFIE - request for initial evidence ( restart the clock) and RFE - request for evidence (just pausing the clock). This is what i was told

Never ever heard that in 3 years.  lol   Learn something new everyday.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

Edited by LionessDeon

6 minutes ago, Boo&Mica said:

In our service request response (which we got the day before the EAD approval) - it said that our EAD would be processed 90 days from the response received to our RFIE. Which would have been from 12/14 - but it ended up processing at 95 days from original filing date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

USCIS is also known as the "misinformation line".  So take what they say with a grain of salt.  They told another person here that and within days they received their AP/EAD combo card.

What is an RFIE???   I believe here on VJ its called an RFE

Rfe= request for further evidence. Rfie= request for intial evidence. 2 different things.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

On February 14, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Just checked now and found this about my EAD. I mailed Nobember 12 and They received my case November 14. so 90 days exactly (3 months)

Am so happy and I thought I share my happiness with you guys

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, chicago1987 said:

Had an RFE on our I-485 - but received the EAD approval on day 94.

That's good to hear. I'm on day 72 right now. 

Rfe received on 1/4 

response received on 2/3. 

About i864. 

What was your RFE about ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got an email yesterday at 11:30 and a text at 3:30 saying my EAD card was in production.  My NOA1 letter was dated 11/16/16 and USCIS received my request on 11/14.  I filed a Service Request on 2/1 and received a response on 2/13 stating that the case was in normal processing time.  I'm glad the process is finally moving.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, chicago1987 said:

On top of being on a high that we received the EAD card yesterday - this morning received notification that they scheduled us for an interview! Such a great week!

Congratulations!  That is great news!

20 hours ago, Boo&Mica said:

Urgh really??? I got an RFIE for my AOS yesterday online, just waiting for hard copy to find out what its for.  So frustrating to wait this long only to find out now!  Wish they would pre-screen earlier on in the process.  Will this effect my EAD?  My NOA is dated 11/16. 

3 hours ago, rsilva said:

Got an email yesterday at 11:30 and a text at 3:30 saying my EAD card was in production.  My NOA1 letter was dated 11/16/16 and USCIS received my request on 11/14.  I filed a Service Request on 2/1 and received a response on 2/13 stating that the case was in normal processing time.  I'm glad the process is finally moving.

I'm hoping mine will be similar then as my NOA is 11/16 and I got response to service request on 02/13 as well!  Good luck! No text or email yet though :-(

Edited by Wes&Charlotte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.