dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2016

795 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I'm helping a family member file for their wife and 2 children.

I assumed once the case gets to NVC they will combine the petitions and they would all get 1 case number.

However today we got the case numbers and there's 3 of them. So my question is, do we have to pay 1 AOS fee or 3?

Also, on the portal I see we can already pay the AOS fee but I don't see the DS-261 anywhere. Should we wait for the form to become available before we pay?

Three case numbers but one AOS fee.

No need to wait for DS-261 to be available to pay the fee.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm helping a family member file for their wife and 2 children.

I assumed once the case gets to NVC they will combine the petitions and they would all get 1 case number.

However today we got the case numbers and there's 3 of them. So my question is, do we have to pay 1 AOS fee or 3?

Also, on the portal I see we can already pay the AOS fee but I don't see the DS-261 anywhere. Should we wait for the form to become available before we pay?

I don't know if they'll have to pay one fee or 3. I would call to find out about that. But, If you see that you can pay the fee's do so. An once you do pay the fee call NVC and let them know that you have. They will put it in they're system stating that you've already paid the fee's. An you'll be able to do the DS-261 quicker.

Timeline

I don't know if they'll have to pay one fee or 3. I would call to find out about that. But, If you see that you can pay the fee's do so. An once you do pay the fee call NVC and let them know that you have. They will put it in they're system stating that you've already paid the fee's. An you'll be able to do the DS-261 quicker.

Will do, thank you for the tip!

Timeline

Another question...

Now when we send in the AOS package...

Do they each need their own package/envelope?

Do they each need an AOS from a joint sponsor even if it's the same joint sponsor for all 3?

If yes, would the joint sponsor need to fill out the i-864 3 times?

I'm a little confused on how this works so any insight would be appreciated.

Filed: Timeline

Our scan date is 21 Sept and its 21 Nov now... 2 months and still no news.. every time we call they say allow 6 weeks for supervisor review... any suggestions what can be done?

Consider contacting your congressperson and having them put in a congressional inquiry, if you haven't already. it won't make NVC move faster, necessarily, but it may get the case some extra attention.

Timeline

Another question...

Now when we send in the AOS package...

Do they each need their own package/envelope?

Do they each need an AOS from a joint sponsor even if it's the same joint sponsor for all 3?

If yes, would the joint sponsor need to fill out the i-864 3 times?

I'm a little confused on how this works so any insight would be appreciated.

I would personally send all the packets at one time. The joint sponsors do not have fill the paperwork out 3 times lol. Just send a copy of the one you sent to USCIS. Make 3 copies and write the case number on the left corner of each document. Everything you need is just copies of the things you sent to USCIS except for the PR's.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Called last night and the lady said my 6 weeks isn't till today Tuesday . But then she said I'll just got ahead and route it for supervisor review so you don't have to call back. Praying for a good outcome . Good luck to all waiting

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy to report 3 N/a today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

any one have estimate for interviews in Cairo embassy after CC

first scan date was 18/8

Check list 21/9

new scan date 28/9

Supervisor review on 10th Nov

Case complete 22/11 3 N/a s will call to confirm soon

CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS: Done

NVC: Done

Embassy : Interview Stage..

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

Card in Hand : Done

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

SMS Text Received >> 1/14/2019

Received biometric schedule letter >> 1/26/2109

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy to report 3 N/a today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

any one have estimate for interviews in Cairo embassy after CC

first scan date was 18/8

Check list 21/9

new scan date 28/9

Supervisor review on 10th Nov

Case complete 22/11 3 N/a s will call to confirm soon

Congratulations!!! Long wait

I am a November filer as well and I am concerned that when my husband does get his interview that they will say that we need a sponsor. My idea is to have him bring my brothers information with him to show that a sponsor is available so that we don't have anymore delays. Any suggestions? and is it really taking 6 weeks or more just to hear something? :/ And does anyone know how long is the wait for an interview in Trinidad?:/

Edited by SMAlexander

Timeline

I am a November filer as well and I am concerned that when my husband does get his interview that they will say that we need a sponsor. My idea is to have him bring my brothers information with him to show that a sponsor is available so that we don't have anymore delays. Any suggestions? and is it really taking 6 weeks or more just to hear something? :/ And does anyone know how long is the wait for an interview in Trinidad?:/

If you've gotten this far without needing to have a sponsor then you're good on that part. Cause I don't you would've gotten this part if you needed a co-sponsor.

Timeline

I would personally send all the packets at one time. The joint sponsors do not have fill the paperwork out 3 times lol. Just send a copy of the one you sent to USCIS. Make 3 copies and write the case number on the left corner of each document. Everything you need is just copies of the things you sent to USCIS except for the PR's.[/quote

Yes but I thought we need original completed i864 from the joint sponsor for the AOS package. Plus the information changes slightly for each intending immigrant like names and birthdays would copying the i864 pose problems?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.