Ladyj

CHANCES OF BEING APPROVED

14 posts in this topic

GOOD DAY VISA JOURNEY MEMBERS, I HAVE A SMALL QUESTION. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 8 MONTHS NOW. HIS POLICE CERTICATE RECORD IS CLEAR, I MAKE OVER THE POVERTY AMOUNT TO SUPPORT HIM, OUR BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE ALL CLEAR. BOTTOM LINE WE HAVE A CLEAR CASE. NO DRAMA BASICALLY. JUST WAITING ON HIS MEDICAL TO BE DONE AND THEN HIS INTERVIEW. IS THERE A CHANCE THAT THE EMBASSY WILL NOT GIVE HIM A HARD TIME. WE ARE IN THE CR1 CATEGORY.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Always a chance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not quite sure why you feel you may get "a hard time". Be diligent in collecting and bringing all needed documentation. Answer all questions honestly and go from there.

Your approval depends on your paperwork and information given. No one can tell you if you qualify or not.

Please turn off CAPS lock

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

BOTH

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In our embassy, there are no clear cut approvals. Everyone believes they should not any issues, it is up to the CO. A decision on ur case has been made before u get to the interview, based on documents submitted. If u heavily front loaded ur petition, then u have a greater chance at approval versus a denial. If they have questions about ur documents then they will ask at the interview. That is why I suggested u attend the interview. Ur presence makes a stronger chance.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

In our embassy, there are no clear cut approvals. Everyone believes they should not any issues, it is up to the CO. A decision on ur case has been made before u get to the interview, based on documents submitted. If u heavily front loaded ur petition, then u have a greater chance at approval versus a denial. If they have questions about ur documents then they will ask at the interview. That is why I suggested u attend the interview. Ur presence makes a stronger chance.

Thank you for your response and I understand what your are saying but how can they make a decision before my interview when the medical has not yet been submitted. Also since my petition, I have gone to spend time with my husband on two occasions in May and June. I also heard that I am not able to attend the interview with him. I am not allowed inside. Is that true?

Edited by Ryan H

Thank you for your response and I understand what your are saying but how can they make a decision before my interview when the medical has not yet been submitted. Also since my petition, I have gone to spend time with my husband on two occasions in May and June. I also heard that I am not able to attend the interview with him. I am not allowed inside. Is that true?

The decision is made as to whether the applicant should be granted a visa based on the documentation provided. The medical takes place before the interview. The decision is not made known until the interview. A failed medical does the necessarily mean a denied visa, depending on the reason. A missing vaccination, for example, can be obtained and the visa may be approved but not physicalky issued until the applicant receives the missing vaccination. Once the embassy receives evidence it has been obtained, the visa is issued. A failed medical for drug use or a communicable disease is another matter and all the paperwork in the world won't change that.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes I feel that decisions are made even before the interview and that 5-10mins time with the CO is to validate or clear any doubts they may have regarding paperwork. I believe CO are highly trained to read how we respond to each question as fraud or i don't know he can be in a bad mood and decided to just deny case at hand. Whatever it is, things happen for a reason and as much as we try to be prepared and truthful during the interview ultimately we need to prepare our hearts for the outcome. Positive or Negative, God is in control. God bless on your case

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I also heard the same thing about not being able to attend the interview. I think it depends on the Embassy.. Maybe you should ask someone who will either just went though it.

I spoke to a few people that actually went to the embassy with there wife/husband. They were told to wait outside.

But if you are planning on flying to the US right after the interview approval. Then you should go.. Because I believe it will makes things easier at the boarder crossing. (passport control)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Depends on how much time you spent together and many other factors

i had multilple visits and all together spent 13 months with him

any CO can say no

just tell him to know as much about you as possible

and to be confident and answer with short quick responses

this is consider serious business to the CO so as i have read do not try to smile and joke with CO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.