goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Louie1988 said:

Potomac already started November.. 

While I certainly don't begrudge anyone getting approved quickly, this is utterly infuriating. This has to be the most incompetent system in the world!! Is it too much to ask that all applications get processed in an orderly fashion!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, agripa said:

While I certainly don't begrudge anyone getting approved quickly, this is utterly infuriating. This has to be the most incompetent system in the world!! Is it too much to ask that all applications get processed in an orderly fashion!!

I know how you feel. I'm November 2nd but people who filed in the end of November are being processed already because they were sent to another service center.. I'm like why can't it all be evened out.. Nebraska is a like a black hole.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just hang on in there guys i was a June 2016 filer and i was sent to Nebraska but was transferred to Texas on Nov 17, 2016 and i just got approved last week

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone! Thought I would join in as well!

My Wife and I were Married in Melbourne Australia in June, and we sent the cr1/i130 in early October. Our recieved date is October 19th. We are currently in the black hole that is the Nebraska service center. The dates started going backwards a few days ago on this page ( I know that is not an offical site, and it is based on crowdsourced data, but still!! ).

7 days after we were married, She gave birth to our son. Then in Dec, I had to move back to the states for work, so I am really frustrated with the fact that I am missing big milestones in his life.

My wife and son are going to try to come for a visit in a month or so, hopefully they won't have a hard time with the tourist visa.

Anyway, I am glad we are not the only ones, and I wish us all luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 hours ago, brenthensarling said:

Hey everyone! Thought I would join in as well!

My Wife and I were Married in Melbourne Australia in June, and we sent the cr1/i130 in early October. Our recieved date is October 19th. We are currently in the black hole that is the Nebraska service center. The dates started going backwards a few days ago on this page ( I know that is not an offical site, and it is based on crowdsourced data, but still!! ).

7 days after we were married, She gave birth to our son. Then in Dec, I had to move back to the states for work, so I am really frustrated with the fact that I am missing big milestones in his life.

My wife and son are going to try to come for a visit in a month or so, hopefully they won't have a hard time with the tourist visa.

Anyway, I am glad we are not the only ones, and I wish us all luck!

Congrats on the boy! Melbourne is a great city, you must have got a really good job offer to leave it.

I noticed the VJ timeline adjudication estimate slipped from mid-March to mid-April so I don't think you're hallucinating. Those dates are based on reported times though so it could be any number of things: people busy during the holidays, people just not reporting their successes, or an actual slowdown at Nebraska.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, nativeson said:

Congrats on the boy! Melbourne is a great city, you must have got a really good job offer to leave it.

I noticed the VJ timeline adjudication estimate slipped from mid-March to mid-April so I don't think you're hallucinating. Those dates are based on reported times though so it could be any number of things: people busy during the holidays, people just not reporting their successes, or an actual slowdown at Nebraska.

I know what you mean! I'm living in Los Mochis Sinaloa where the famous drug lord "El Chapo" was caught.. I would love to be in Melbourne.. I'm missing the US..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/19/2017 at 1:07 AM, Kattikiarash said:

:wub: by the way the approvals are going, i believe October filers will have their approvals , hopefully in April right?

From the VJ timelines for Nebraska Service Center, most likely until April. I'm on the same boat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone

USCIS received my petition on Oct 31st and sent an RFE on Jan 10th. My wife sent the RFE package on Jan 27th. Its processing at Texas Service Center. Any ideas how long before we receive a response?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I'm a little behind everyone. I filed for my hubby in Jamaica OCTOBER 21 2016 and I call every month to find out of processing times are up to date and so far they are. I just wish they hurry I am so ready for my hubby to be here I want to start my family I fly to Jamaica every 3 or 4 months to see him. My case was also sent to Nebraska. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/19/2017 at 3:07 AM, Kattikiarash said:

:wub: by the way the approvals are going, i believe October filers will have their approvals , hopefully in April right?

March or April

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/27/2017 at 4:05 PM, Louie1988 said:

Potomac already started November.. 

But what does that mean actually because now  you look at it and it says "December" at the top BUT processing July filings??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.