dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2016

441 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties. I will list additional documents I used. It may help.

• Affidavit of Marriage Form (I had three immediate family members sign the affidavit, had it notarized, and sent photocopies of their IDs)
  • Statement of Authorized user of credit cards (yes, Bank of America and CitiBank, will allow you to add your spouse as an authorized user to your credit card account without SSN# ... not all financial institutions will allow that)
  • All records of communication including WhatApp chat log, facetime/skype logs, and emails

Honestly, they like to rely on joint finances (bank accounts and credit cards) the most during these cases on the sense that couples in a fraudulent marriage will not share finances. I hope you overcome this obstacle.

Thanx MrsBurgz. I understand that could be the red flag but the fact that the consular did not ask for proof is what we are confused about. So hopefully they will reconsider and have my husband come back with whatever proof they request.

Question, what other documents could I send to my husband when they do review the case again? He has Boss Revolution phone calls from October of last year, western union receipts, I was going to send him whatsapp chats but it was just alot to put together but I will this time once they give him a date to review the documents. He has our wedding pictures as well as a few casual pictures we took when I went to visit him. If anyone on here can give me more ideas as to what they submitted to proof bona-fide of relationship I will appreciate that.

Edited by Incinerate.246

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Do you have anything jointly? Is he on your life insurance as a beneficiary? Was any of the items you listed above sent in prior?

No we don't have anything jointly. I don't have life insurance. The items I listed I never submitted during the filing of the I-130 because I did not have enough record I thought. The only thing I submitted with the I-130 petition was our wedding pictures, casual pictures and our marriage certificate and USCIS approved it without any request for more evidence. And during NVC stage I did not send any of those items either but rather what was requested. And they reviewed and completed my application and just ask that my husband bring 2015 W2 which I forgot to submit.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties. I will list additional documents I used. It may help.

• Affidavit of Marriage Form (I had three immediate family members sign the affidavit, had it notarized, and sent photocopies of their IDs)
  • Statement of Authorized user of credit cards (yes, Bank of America and CitiBank, will allow you to add your spouse as an authorized user to your credit card account without SSN# ... not all financial institutions will allow that)
  • All records of communication including WhatApp chat log, facetime/skype logs, and emails

Honestly, they like to rely on joint finances (bank accounts and credit cards) the most during these cases on the sense that couples in a fraudulent marriage will not share finances. I hope you overcome this obstacle.

Thank you Incinerate.246. I will definitely start finding out today whether Capital One will allow me to add my husband as an authorize user on my credit card. I did not think of immediate family members writing a notarized letter, I believe that's what you meant by affidavit of marriage form. Question about that, does the family members have to know only of our marriage or did they had to have attended our small civic wedding as well? And the immediate family could it be from both sides or only my side? Thanx in advance. I appreciate everyone's kind words and suggestions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry to hear that,

the affidavit of marriage support can be written by those who signed or witness your marriage in the civic court ,at least three people will be ok

Sorry to hear that,

the affidavit of marriage support can be written by those who signed or witness your marriage in the civic court ,at least three people will be ok

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No we don't have anything jointly. I don't have life insurance. The items I listed I never submitted during the filing of the I-130 because I did not have enough record I thought. The only thing I submitted with the I-130 petition was our wedding pictures, casual pictures and our marriage certificate and USCIS approved it without any request for more evidence. And during NVC stage I did not send any of those items either but rather what was requested. And they reviewed and completed my application and just ask that my husband bring 2015 W2 which I forgot to submit.

A bit late, but sending in all those evidence to uscis or nvc would have helped with the CO decision to approve the visa. From what understood most times (not all times)the CO makes their decision to approve a visa prior to you sitting in front of them. Because they review your file with the evidence submitted. You could have added more at the NVC stage if at the uscis stage you didn't have sufficient proof at that time.

Just gather all that you can now and I hope they respond to you for a second interview. If they refuse a second interview and the case is sent back to uscis just try to make another visit to your husband and get stronger evidence. So when it's time to respond to uscis you have more proof of your marriage being bona-ride.

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

The thing with this form is it has to be notarized. Therefore the form needs original signatures and all family members involved must be "present" in front of the notary. You will also have to write the date and time the form was signed by each member so if your in-laws are located in another country, you may not be able to use them as they cannot be present in front of the notary. I used my mother, father and brother as my three members. Remember, getting the form notarized basically makes your marriage statement "authentic" and you do not want to defeat the purpose of it by raising red flags when you get people to sign it who cannot technically be present in front of the notary. Make sure the notary puts a stamp and the official seal on the form. You can find professionally written forms online via Google.

Thank you Incinerate.246. I will definitely start finding out today whether Capital One will allow me to add my husband as an authorize user on my credit card. I did not think of immediate family members writing a notarized letter, I believe that's what you meant by affidavit of marriage form. Question about that, does the family members have to know only of our marriage or did they had to have attended our small civic wedding as well? And the immediate family could it be from both sides or only my side? Thanx in advance. I appreciate everyone's kind words and suggestions.

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

A bit late, but sending in all those evidence to uscis or nvc would have helped with the CO decision to approve the visa. From what understood most times (not all times)the CO makes their decision to approve a visa prior to you sitting in front of them. Because they review your file with the evidence submitted. You could have added more at the NVC stage if at the uscis stage you didn't have sufficient proof at that time.

Just gather all that you can now and I hope they respond to you for a second interview. If they refuse a second interview and the case is sent back to uscis just try to make another visit to your husband and get stronger evidence. So when it's time to respond to uscis you have more proof of your marriage being bona-ride.

Right. That's all I am hoping and praying for now that the embassy schedules a second interview and my husband can bring the proof then. Thank you for all your help.

Right. That's all I am hoping and praying for now that the embassy schedules a second interview and my husband can bring the proof then. Thank you for all your help.

Filed: Timeline

Hello Guys.

Will there any problem is if I didn't register my husbands delivery address before and within 24 hours of his interview? we registered his delivery address a bit late because we were under admin process for more than 14 days after his interview due to sending the wrong documents, so we gathered all the documents needed and sent the right one. i registered the address few hours after they approved and issued the visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey all -

Quick question regarding delivery of visa after interview. We will be interviewing in Saigon, Vietnam. I've seen that the typical time for delivery is around 5 days. But, I have also heard that it can take up to 9-10 days. Does anybody have an idea of what to expect? I am leaning toward being safe and just assume 10 days and just hang out at the beach or something, but my wife wants to leave as soon as she gets her visa :)

2/12/16 - NOA1 I-130 Nebraska Service Center

6/20/16 - NOA2 I-130 Approved

7/05/16 - Case was sent to The Department of State

7/25/16 - Received case #

7/26/16 - Received bills

7/28/16 - Paid bills

8/02/16 - DS-260 complete

8/04/16 - Scan Date

8/30/16 - NVC "Case Complete"

9/28/16 - Received interview date - 11/7/16

10/12/16 - Medical exam

10/17/16 - Received medical exam results

11/7/16 - Interview scheduled

Timeline

Husband came here yesterday. Next week we will be flying. It was a long wait after the approval. Will write my POE experience soon at JFK.

Met: Mid 2011

DATING: 4th NOVEMBER 2011 (F) :yes:

Engaged (USA): 30th APRIL 2014

Married( INDIA ): 20th MAY 2015 (L) (L)

VISA PROCESS BEGINS :cry:

USCIS JOURNEY :bonk:

I-130: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

PRIORITY DATE: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

SERVICE CENTER: NEBRASKA

RFE: 15th JANUARY 2016 :crying:

HARDCOPY RECEIVED: 28th JANUARY 2016(one passport size photo of my husband)

RFE SENT: 29th JANUARY 2016

RFE RECEIVED: 1st FEBRUARY 2016

I-130 APPROVED: 18th February 2016 (162days) :dancing:

NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED- 27th FEBRUARY 2016

NVC TIME :clock:

I-130 SENT TO NVC- 29th FEBRUARY 2016

Received Case and Invoice Number- 15th March 2016

SUBMITTED DS-261- 15th March 2016

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

PAY AOS BILL - 7th APRIL2016

PAY IV BILL - 23rd APRIL 2016

SEND (AOS+IV) PACKAGE - 4th MAY 2016

NVC RECEIVED - 9th MAY 2016

SCAN DATE - 9th MAY 2016 :clock:

CASE COMPLETE - 10th JUNE 2016 :dancing:

NVC CC EMAIL RECEIVED- 17th JUNE 2016

MUMBAI CONSULATE TIME :clock:

The Real Game Begins :shocked:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

BIOMETRICS - 29th JULY 2016

INTERVIEW - 1st AUGUST 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

READY FOR PICKUP AT KOLKATA - 3rd AUGUST 2016

VISA COLLECTED - 4th AUGUST 2016

USA TIME :wub:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

GREEN CARD- 30th NOVEMBER 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hey guys,

My case status since 3rd of October says "Ready", so it's into embassy :) But when I checked the ceac site I saw a change, the AOS fee changed back to PAID. This is something normal or what?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.