dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2016

441 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

People who are approved usually get them in less than a week.

UAE here.... June 20 case complete, still no interview date... I've called every day since September 20th...

man its really really hard to waite all that time for getting the interview i had been through that, my case took 5 monthes to get me an interview date so dont worry its normal and nothing is worng you just have to not look at the clock every time it will be easeier 4 U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hey guys,

My interview is on November 3rd and I'm collecting all documents and organizing them as perfect as I can :D I have just one question, can my wife be with me at the embassy in the day of interview? Should I notify the embassy erlier with e-mail or just to go there with her :) Thanks!

man its really really hard to waite all that time for getting the interview i had been through that, my case took 5 monthes to get me an interview date so dont worry its normal and nothing is worng you just have to not look at the clock every time it will be easeier 4 U

Thank you for your perspective! It is so hard not to look. I really thought that by now I would at least have had a date in hand. But whew, thank you for sharing your experience, out feels so lonely waiting like this ?

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys,

My interview is on November 3rd and I'm collecting all documents and organizing them as perfect as I can :D I have just one question, can my wife be with me at the embassy in the day of interview? Should I notify the embassy erlier with e-mail or just to go there with her :) Thanks!

You will have to check with your embassy to see if she is allowed. Most US embassies/consulates will not allow anyone in unless they have 1) an appointment or 2) a permission letter in advance.

We went through Australia. We had to write for permission, and I (the US citizen) had to produce the email with permission before I was allowed into the Consulate.

Each embassy/consulate is different.

Good luck! I firmly believe it is VERY helpful to have your spouse with you. If they are concerned about whether your marriage is bonafide, having the spouse there (or just outside) is further probability that your marriage is "real".

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Hey guys,

You will have to check with your embassy to see if she is allowed. Most US embassies/consulates will not allow anyone in unless they have 1) an appointment or 2) a permission letter in advance.

We went through Australia. We had to write for permission, and I (the US citizen) had to produce the email with permission before I was allowed into the Consulate.

Good luck! I firmly believe it is VERY helpful to have your spouse with you. If they are concerned about whether your marriage is bonafide, having the spouse there (or just outside) is further probability that your marriage is "real".

Sukie in NY

And I, on the other hand, just showed up with my husband, no prior notice needed. :goofy:

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Sukie in NY

Thank you!

And I, on the other hand, just showed up with my husband, no prior notice needed. :goofy:

I'm trying the same road as you :P If they don't let her inside she'll be waiting for me outside the consulate :) I don't want to start an e-mail game with us embassy now :P

Hi, good afternoon, my friend has a question for the forum, her husband has his medical exam in Dominican republic last week and they sent his results directly to the consulate, when other people just picked them up from the lab, somebody knows what that's mean? or what are the circumstances for the lab to send the results to the consulate?

Edited by Gachita09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where do you look to see if your case has been touched? I'm looking on the CEAC website and it still shows the status update as the case was received at the consulate on Sept 21. Just wondering if that's the correct place to look. Maybe they haven't looked at it yet? I imagine they have lost of cases...

Timeline

Congrats on all the approvals!!!!

Where do you look to see if your case has been touched? I'm looking on the CEAC website and it still shows the status update as the case was received at the consulate on Sept 21. Just wondering if that's the correct place to look. Maybe they haven't looked at it yet? I imagine they have lost of cases...

Meant to say lots of cases

Timeline

Yes that is where you would look. Whenever someone access your case the date will reflect there.

Right now there should be two dates. First date (doesn't change) is when your case number was assigned at NVC.

The second date is the one that will change when someone access your case.

Timeline

Yes that is where you would look. Whenever someone access your case the date will reflect there.

Right now there should be two dates. First date (doesn't change) is when your case number was assigned at NVC.

Thank you!!

I must be looking in the wrong place , i see no dates at all . only says case at NVC . case was completed and waiting for interview date , so maybe it shows dates then?

Timeline

I must be looking in the wrong place , i see no dates at all . only says case at NVC . case was completed and waiting for interview date , so maybe it shows dates then?

Yours will continue to show "At NVC" because you don't have an interview date assigned and your case is still with NVC.

Whenever you get your date assigned a few weeks before your interview the status will change to "in transit" then when the embassy receives it, it will change to "Ready". When the embassy receives it thats when you will be able to see the dates I was speaking about.

Edited by MrsBurgz

Yours will continue to show "At NVC" because you don't have an interview date assigned and your case is still with NVC.

Whenever you get your date assigned a few weeks before your interview the status will change to "in transit" then when the embassy receives it, it will change to "Ready". When the embassy receives it thats when you will be able to see the dates I was speaking about.

Oh thank you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone familiar with expedite request for interviews?

I've sent an expedite request due to sudden medical concerns with my wife. It seems like my interview might be on December just by looking at the spreadsheet, was/still hoping for mid November.

Anyways, at this point, will they consider the request?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.