17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone, can someone answer this for me. My case was sent to the Embassy in Accra on September 16, 2016. my fiancé nor I have received anything from the embassy. I've tried emailing and calling but no response. my question are.

How long does it take for the embassy in Ghana to contact individuals for interview?

How do they contact, is it through a letter or email?

And if anyone has an experience of this, can we pick up the packet at the embassy before hearing from them?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:time: This is very helpful when answering your questions.

Here is your embassy info page which states packet 3 & 4 are emailed.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ghana&cty=Accra

Did you receive your case number from NVC?

Have researched your country portal for info? (see link below)

Have you tried emailing the embassy?

It's only been 2 weeks. I believe Ghana takes a bit longer (in average) than that to get packet info out.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/611255-how-long-to-schedule-a-k1-interview-in-ghana-split/

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

LionessDeon - I have those information, we haven't filled out DS160 yet. and I have also tried emailing the embassy. I know its only been two weeks but I thought embassies work much faster?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not quite that fast. From what the embassy info page says it takes 2 weeks for an email response back from them.

There are some other threads in your country portal if you want to read some of those. Go back a few pages.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Actually the information on the site isn't correct. The Ghana embassy will mail a letter to the petitioners home in the US. They don't email the information for K1 visas. The petitioner will then need to scan it and send it to the beneficiary. The letter will give a day of the week the beneficiary needs to drop off the letter and return later that day to pick up packets 3 and 4. It took about 2 months for us to receive the letter when we went through the K1 last year.

Timeline

Actually the information on the site isn't correct. The Ghana embassy will mail a letter to the petitioners home in the US. They don't email the information for K1 visas. The petitioner will then need to scan it and send it to the beneficiary. The letter will give a day of the week the beneficiary needs to drop off the letter and return later that day to pick up packets 3 and 4. It took about 2 months for us to receive the letter when we went through the K1 last year.

Timeline

Oh okay, so I should be waiting for a letter from the embassy then? that's strange. I thought they will contact my fiancé. Thank you for this insight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh okay, so I should be waiting for a letter from the embassy then? that's strange. I thought they will contact my fiancé. Thank you for this insight.

I thought it was a little strange too, but the letter showed up at my place. This was October of last year, so they may have changed things, but I doubt it.

I know it's tough waiting. Try to be patient. What I would recommend doing while you wait is to work on the additional evidence your fiancé will take to the interview. Also, start reading through the consulate reviews on here and go over questions with your fiancé. You can't predict what questions they will ask at the interview, but it will give you some insight into what to expect. It's a tough embassy. Best to prepare as much as possible.

Timeline

I thought it was a little strange too, but the letter showed up at my place. This was October of last year, so they may have changed things, but I doubt it.

I know it's tough waiting. Try to be patient. What I would recommend doing while you wait is to work on the additional evidence your fiancé will take to the interview. Also, start reading through the consulate reviews on here and go over questions with your fiancé. You can't predict what questions they will ask at the interview, but it will give you some insight into what to expect. It's a tough embassy. Best to prepare as much as possible.

Timeline

Thank you. I have gotten all the information I think I need. from screen shot messages, emails, facebook chats, whats app call logs and so on. I'm being proactive and getting ready ahead of time. I've heard Ghana embassy is tough. Thank you for the advice. I'll patiently await the arrival of such documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Both the petitioner and beneficiary will receive letters.

However, as you may already be aware, the petitioner will definitely receive the letter long before the beneficiary gets the letter, if it does show up.

My then fiance got his after the interview..lol.

In our case, I emailed the embassy to ask for the call in letter after our case showed "Ready".

I got an email response and they told me to let my fiance check his post office box or print the email and bring it in to pick up the packet 3 &4.

So my fiance took the email and he was given the letter with an interview date on it.

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Both the petitioner and beneficiary will receive letters.

However, as you may already be aware, the petitioner will definitely receive the letter long before the beneficiary gets the letter, if it does show up.

My then fiance got his after the interview..lol.

In our case, I emailed the embassy to ask for the call in letter after our case showed "Ready".

I got an email response and they told me to let my fiance check his post office box or print the email and bring it in to pick up the packet 3 &4.

So my fiance took the email and he was given the letter with an interview date on it.

thank you for the response. I have tried emailing them twice but no response. I guess its just a waiting game now.

Timeline

thank you for the response. I have tried emailing them twice but no response. I guess its just a waiting game now.

you're welcome.. It takes a while for them to reply to emails.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

LionessDeon - I have those information, we haven't filled out DS160 yet. and I have also tried emailing the embassy. I know its only been two weeks but I thought embassies work much faster?

It seems Ghana stays backed up, they are in the dinosaur ages

Timeline

My case was sent to the embassy in Accra on 28th July, 2016. and till date haven't heard about anything. Ma fiancé and I mailed them, and they said they will contact me when my case is ready to schedule an interview.. Am soo confused. our approval notice will expire 20th of this month..pls anyone with an idea or experience should pls share..thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.