Darrinos

Tourist visa

79 posts in this topic

Yes,it's been 6 months now. As for an itenarary, that might be helpful. But she isnt the kind of "bubbly" woman who go in and just start randomly start talking and making up ideas. She is very matter-of-fact. She will simply say visit friends.

I have done a lot of reading since her last attempt and hopefully this will increase the odds.

Would be so great if she could come for 1 or 2 weeks and then return home. Then I could go see her next time, and so on, until ready for fiancé visa. We will put together a realistic itenarary to present on her visit.

But saying "visit friends" is not matter-of-fact. It is vague and can seen like an attempt at obfuscation. Matter-of-fact is saying what she is actually doing.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Ok, so we're going back to the embassy for the 3rd try for the visitor visa. Since our last visit, she has also applied for the diversity visa, and I am in the process of working on the K1 visa as well, but haven't filed it yet. (Trying to cover all the bases.) I'm wondering if there are any "tips" for this third attempt? I know, I know... just do the fiance visa, etc. We are... but in the meantime, she would like to visit so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Seems like more of a "campaign" than anything else.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so we're going back to the embassy for the 3rd try for the visitor visa. Since our last visit, she has also applied for the diversity visa, and I am in the process of working on the K1 visa as well, but haven't filed it yet. (Trying to cover all the bases.) I'm wondering if there are any "tips" for this third attempt? I know, I know... just do the fiance visa, etc. We are... but in the meantime, she would like to visit so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Seems like more of a "campaign" than anything else.

did she finally get her divorce for e k1?

Timeline

Nope... still waiting for her property to sell and the real estate market is not so good right now. We are in the "gathering stage" for the K-1 visa.

fair enough.

I'd focus on her financial ties. children are not seen as significant ties as many women do leave them. worth another shot but the chips are down for sure.

Timeline

Yes, I agree. In fact, it may even help that she still has the home and has not divorced yet. I was talking with an attorney the other day and he said that when an applicant mentions children, this does not convince the officer at the embassy that they will return because, sadly, people leave their children often. He said they are more influenced if the person says they have a dog! Lol. I'm going to focus on her property, her account, and her strong ties to her church where she serves on several committees and attends several times per week.

I'm going to encourage her that for each question she offers a document supporting her answer. "Do you have a job?" Her reply would be, "Yes, and here's a copy...." , and so on. I'm torn though on her appearance. She is very attractive and while most men like to see pretty women, they might also be inclined to think this is even MORE of a reason that she would not return. I want her to dress nice, but conservative. Definitely a "hair UP" situation.

Timeline

Yes, I agree. In fact, it may even help that she still has the home and has not divorced yet. I was talking with an attorney the other day and he said that when an applicant mentions children, this does not convince the officer at the embassy that they will return because, sadly, people leave their children often. He said they are more influenced if the person says they have a dog! Lol. I'm going to focus on her property, her account, and her strong ties to her church where she serves on several committees and attends several times per week.

I'm going to encourage her that for each question she offers a document supporting her answer. "Do you have a job?" Her reply would be, "Yes, and here's a copy...." , and so on. I'm torn though on her appearance. She is very attractive and while most men like to see pretty women, they might also be inclined to think this is even MORE of a reason that she would not return. I want her to dress nice, but conservative. Definitely a "hair UP" situation.

ehhh I'm unsure about the whole looks situation but you never know. definitely keep a business type attitude

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So what has changed since the previous denials?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Truthfully, nothing but time. She STILL has the same job, she STILL has children, she STILL owns property, she STILL has money in the bank, she STILL has strong ties with her church and community, she STILL can show she's visited many countries and returned....and she STILL wants to visit the US as a tourist. I mean.... what else could change for the better? I want her to be consistent and truthful in all she says and does, and I'm afraid that changing her story just for the sake of getting the visa wouldn't be a wise way to go. I've thought about having her tell them that I'm no longer "part of the picture" because she told them she wants to visit me, but would prefer that she stay honest and consistent with her reasons.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They are not stupid, first thing they do is pull her file with her prior refusals.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Exactly. That's why I want her to remain consistent and honest. If nothing else, she will be able to show them these two things, and maybe... just maybe, that will play in her favor. Honestly, we really don't know what else to show them other than the truths that she can document.

Wow, really sorry about all that. What a painful experience.

It is painful when you want to be honest, do the right thing, want to do it by the book, and things don't work out.

Then, you feel the pressure to spin the truth, get tricky,  get evasive, and make things up.

I can imagine the pressures you are feeling.

Here is one view - If every consular officer in Indonesia read everything post you have made here, has read every visa application she submitted, and done their background on you, in detail...do you think they would be giving her a Tourist Visa?

If they knew all that has been considered and tried, would they feel convinced that your girlfriend has overcome the burden of presumed immigrant intent?

Dave

Timeline

DaveSana,

In complete truth, yes, I believe that they would give her the tourist visa. Our love is real and can be proven. Her ties to her community are real and can be proven. Our intentions are sincere, honest and pure. As I've posted before, when we choose to marry, we would then follow the fiance visa process. Neither of us wish to do anything illegal as we do not want to compromise our future together. It's really frustrating when you try to do everything correctly, you're right. And still, it's what we must do. I wish there was a way that immigration could look into a person's heart and see their intentions. I suppose that's what they're trying to do, but it doesn't always work out very well.

Thanks for your empathy. I truly appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.