jlcross

Does CSC work Saturdays?

14 posts in this topic

Here's the situation: I-129F filed Nov. 9, 2006. NOA1 sent November 16, 2006. Petition last touched November 18, 2006.

November 18, 2006 is a saturday. As someone who has worked for the Government before, it seems a little odd to me that the employees at USCIS would be putting in overtime on a weekend. When I asked the "oh-so-helpful" lady on the help line if they work on saturdays she wouldn't answer, saying that she doesn't know when they work at all.

So, does anyone know if they put in hours on saturdays at the CSC?

Thanks,

J

CSC Received I-129f 11/9/06

NOA1 - 11/16/06

NOA2 - 5/11/07

Arrived NVC - 5/29/07

Left NVC - 5/31/07

Arrived Vancouver Consulate - 6/7/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Here's the situation: I-129F filed Nov. 9, 2006. NOA1 sent November 16, 2006. Petition last touched November 18, 2006.

November 18, 2006 is a saturday. As someone who has worked for the Government before, it seems a little odd to me that the employees at USCIS would be putting in overtime on a weekend. When I asked the "oh-so-helpful" lady on the help line if they work on saturdays she wouldn't answer, saying that she doesn't know when they work at all.

Thanks,

J

We have one of the members here Huskerkiev who used to be an adjudicator in Nebraska and he explained that some people work from home. They come to the office, pick up some files and work from home which means that it's possible that someone touched the documents on the weekends :)

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The service centers are so backed up that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the employees are working OT on the weekends. I sure hope so.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes they worked OT, my case was touched on a sunday and my friend's case was touched on december 31, they maybe have a triple pay on holidays and double pay on weekends, lol.

For working overtime, they sure are taking their sweet time with our petition. Why even say they process the cases "in the order in which they are received" if they don't even come close to that edict?

CSC Received I-129f 11/9/06

NOA1 - 11/16/06

NOA2 - 5/11/07

Arrived NVC - 5/29/07

Left NVC - 5/31/07

Arrived Vancouver Consulate - 6/7/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Computers work 24/7. They can launch a batch processing job at anytime automatically. It could be as simple as some human mis-dating an action on your file when they scanned it and when they auto launched an update routine over the weekend it finally processed it.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Computers work 24/7. They can launch a batch processing job at anytime automatically. It could be as simple as some human mis-dating an action on your file when they scanned it and when they auto launched an update routine over the weekend it finally processed it.

I doubt if the folks at the CSC are working overtime. Computers generate the touches and update the information accordingly regardless the date. Many people have recieved their NOA2 approvals on Saturday and Sunday.

K1 Time Line

Don and Linh

October 22, 2006 - Sent I-129F

November 2, 2006 - NOA1

January 30, 2007 - NOA2

February 8, 2007 - Arrives at NVC

February 12, 2007 - Arrives at Consultate in HCMC

February 28, 2007 - Consulate sends out Packet 3

March 8, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved

May 11, 2007 - Packet 3 recieved by Consulate

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thanks,

J

Cant say for sure - would like to find out myself.

I had sent the package this last friday 03/23

and it was delivered at CSC on 03/24 (saturday). It was

priority mail (not sure if the signature is required) - may

a security gaurd took it, may be there was a box for

delivery.

so would like to find this out myself.

Filed: Timeline

well according to their telephone announcement their business days are monday thru friday

Thanks,

J

Cant say for sure - would like to find out myself.

I had sent the package this last friday 03/23

and it was delivered at CSC on 03/24 (saturday). It was

priority mail (not sure if the signature is required) - may

a security gaurd took it, may be there was a box for

delivery.

so would like to find this out myself.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Business days are Monday-Friday, but there are work process programs and volume targets to meet that mean that yes, some USCIS staffers could well be working over weekends. For the last few years this has always been the case, so there is no reason to believe that the presence of a 'touch' on a Saturday means anything other than that a staffer logged an action relating to that file on that day.

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks,

J

System updates are done automatically with information that was input at another time. Just because the system updated on a Saturday does not mean the action that caused the update occurred on a Saturday. The action may have occurred 6 weeks before. You are putting WAY too much credit on a system that has no intent of being THAT accurate. My wife will apply for citizenship in 3 months and our I-129f is listed as "initial review" No updates since I sent it in almost 4 years ago. And what?

All official notifications happen by US mail. There is no telephone system designed to assist you, no tracking numbers and no way to accurately tell where your case is. Attempting to do so will only frustrate you. They have your case, you will get a notification in the mail.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.