ChrisMcFisch

Case Approved, Sent to NVC, then Sent Back to USCIS! Help!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi,

I am the petitioner and filed on April 21st, 2016 the I-129F for my fiance in Austria.

Our case was approved on July 7th, 2016, and sent to NVC. But on August 1st NVC sent it back to USCIS, and USCIS says they received it on August 12th. It has now been well over a month and there has been no update on our case, and I can't get any information by calling.

I didn't even get a notice that it was sent back, I only found out because I called the NVC after it had been in their offices for over 30 days. All they could ell me was that their file notes said it was sent back for "missing signature page". I know for certain we didn't leave anything out of the original application, so I don't know what it could be.

What can I do now? Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how did you resolve it or how long did t take? Hearing our case was approved was so exciting, but now hearing it has gone backwards rather than forwards is so hard. Please give any advice to help us get out case moving.

Thank you in advance for and help,

Elena

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It has happened before that USCIS lose things, they might've lost the first page of your i-129f form, or perhaps one of the G-325a forms.

I don't know what will happen now, but perhaps USCIS will send you an RFE or something like that, asking for the page that is missing (if that's what's wrong).

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you can't do anything until they send you RFE to resolve the issue, if it comes to it.

But you can also keep calling them..Hopefully, someone will work your case.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Our case was updated, and was approved by USCIS!

I did mailed a physical letter to the USCIS Service Center that had our case, outlining all dates we had received updates so far, and that there was an issue. I overnighted it, with return receipt requested so that I would know for sure if they got it. But given the dates that I sent the letter in, and when they approved out case, either it worked immediately, or they just approved in their own time and it was a coincidence, I'm not sure.

From when the NVC sent our case back to USCIS , to when USCIS approved it again was about 5.5 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That's great news.

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 year later...

ChrisMCFish, I have the same problem On Sept. 27th 2017 our 129-F was approved then sent to the NVC where it stayed 4 weeks, I finally called to check the status and they advised that it was requested to be returned to the USCIS on the 8th day of November the NVC had it since the 11th of October, after another phone call they again advised me that it was not sent back on the 8th that it was requested back on the 8th and actually went back on the 14th, my fiance in the Philippines wrote a request and NVC tell her it went back on the 17th of November. So you see we have three different answers as to when it actually went back and in the computer it still says it is at the NVC as of today 11/22/17. The USCIS computer still shows it was approved and sent to the NVC. I do not have a clue like you as to what is going on and why after it was orginally approved, cannot get anyone by phone to tell you anything or why it was returned or any notes listing the reason for the return to the California office. I have sent also inquiry noting the same and yes the NVC did not send any notice it was sent back and everytime we inquire they give a different date that it was sent back 2 calls and 1 online inquiry and 3 different dates. What kind of letter did you send that maybe prompted actions to be taken? I hear they finally approved again and then sent yours back on it's way. This is so hard for us too waiting thinking it is going to the US embassy in the Philippines and interview coming and my finace is here for the holidays but now returned and seems she will not be here at all this year and we do not know how long it will be before we hear anything. I sent inquiry by their website and says there will be a response to that inquriry by December the 14th but they don't even know why it was sent back to them and NVC does not know. My 129-F will expire on 1/25/18. We have been waiting and working on this since 4/28/17 and now all of this. Has anyone else suffered the same fate and what can that be? HELP!

On 11/22/2017 at 6:20 PM, Troy Self Sr. said:

ChrisMCFish, I have the same problem On Sept. 27th 2017 our 129-F was approved then sent to the NVC where it stayed 4 weeks, I finally called to check the status and they advised that it was requested to be returned to the USCIS on the 8th day of November the NVC had it since the 11th of October, after another phone call they again advised me that it was not sent back on the 8th that it was requested back on the 8th and actually went back on the 14th, my fiance in the Philippines wrote a request and NVC tell her it went back on the 17th of November. So you see we have three different answers as to when it actually went back and in the computer it still says it is at the NVC as of today 11/22/17. The USCIS computer still shows it was approved and sent to the NVC. I do not have a clue like you as to what is going on and why after it was orginally approved, cannot get anyone by phone to tell you anything or why it was returned or any notes listing the reason for the return to the California office. I have sent also inquiry noting the same and yes the NVC did not send any notice it was sent back and everytime we inquire they give a different date that it was sent back 2 calls and 1 online inquiry and 3 different dates. What kind of letter did you send that maybe prompted actions to be taken? I hear they finally approved again and then sent yours back on it's way. This is so hard for us too waiting thinking it is going to the US embassy in the Philippines and interview coming and my finace is here for the holidays but now returned and seems she will not be here at all this year and we do not know how long it will be before we hear anything. I sent inquiry by their website and says there will be a response to that inquriry by December the 14th but they don't even know why it was sent back to them and NVC does not know. My 129-F will expire on 1/25/18. We have been waiting and working on this since 4/28/17 and now all of this. Has anyone else suffered the same fate and what can that be? HELP!

yes, there are several other posters who are being held up by the CSC-NVC transition. I'm one of them too, with approval of 9/20 and still waiting to here from NVC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
23 hours ago, Socalked said:

yes, there are several other posters who are being held up by the CSC-NVC transition. I'm one of them too, with approval of 9/20 and still waiting to here from NVC.

Call the NVC and have them track it. There is a batch from around then that got sent to the NRC instead of the NVC.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I encountered the same thing. Case got approved on Jan 16th, got mail along with case number on Jan 31 telling us that our case got returned to uscis. It's now Feb 23rd and still the pushing game between nvc and uscis guys telling us to ask the others for info and not them. 

On 2/22/2018 at 10:40 PM, Mmango said:

I encountered the same thing. Case got approved on Jan 16th, got mail along with case number on Jan 31 telling us that our case got returned to uscis. It's now Feb 23rd and still the pushing game between nvc and uscis guys telling us to ask the others for info and not them. 

I'm in the same situation.  Case was approved by USCIS and was send back from NVC to USCIS. No one is giving me a reason of why was case was send back. I was told by an USCIS to wait 90 days and they will review my case. I feel so desperate that I decided to get a consult with a lawyer, I contacted a lawyer which told me that it was weird that my case was send back from NVC to USCIS. I have an appt tomorrow with a lawyer an d maybe my case can speed up a little more. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Add me and my fiance to the list of cases suffering this same fate.  Now I don't feel so alone in our situation.  It is frustrating to say the least.  From what I gather, they are having to review an extremely high load of applications/petitions.  However, at the very least, you would think that they would at least be able to let us know what is going on and what the next step is.  Right now, I would find a great deal of comfort knowing what was going on even if the progress in the process is slow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.