harvardiv

Financial Stability (merged)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys:

I had a job for 4 years when I had first met my fiance' and then I decided to try and find a higher paying job. Well, in doing so I had like 5 jobs in the last 2 years all of which paid 70k or more. The problem is my fiance' is about to go to her interview come here in 1-2 months. I am concerned that during the interview they will see I had too many jobs. Will this be a problem?

Thanks,

Chris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've never heard of this being a problem personally. As long as your tax returns/W2 forms show that you earn over 125% over the poverty line to support your wife when she moves then that should be fine.

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The history is unlikely to matter, but how long have you had your current job?

If it is less than 6 months, definitely have a letter from your employer ready stating that this is a stable and long term job.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Ok, that sounds reassuring. Also, my friend is a truck driver and he said his employment history showed I think 4 jobs in 2 years, and he said it was no problem.

Timeline

Hey guys

I was wondering about the financial package for the interview. I think the guidelines ask for employment information. I was thinking an offer letter from my job is enough plus tax returns for the last 2 years. Is this enough? Anyone who has been through the process, can probably shed light on the matter. I need to know, because my fiance' is waiting for me to send these.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by harvardiv

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

First please fill in your timeline. :)

Secondly, My fiancé and I only had 2 years of tax returns, and the letter of employment. We were just issued our visa. But every embassy is different on what they require. I'm not sure how strict Ukraine is, or the requirements for that embassy.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

offer letter and employment letter are of the same , tax returns , w2s, tax transcripts , pay stubs , bank statements these are all good things to have just incase

Timeline

The difference is that the offer letter is a signed agreement to accept the job, and an employment letter is a dated letter stating that Mr so so started work here on this date, and has been here since, such and such a date. the reason I ask is I went through a dating agency in Ukraine, and the agency says all of her clients who had gone to the interview process had an employment letter. So I don't know if the Ukraine office has that issue of being picky about that or not.

Thanks,

Chris

I-129f sent-- 5-20-2016
NOA1-- 7-20-2016
NOA2-- 8-10-2016
Embassy received -- 9-05-2016

Interview Date -- x-xx-xxx

Get the UK K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed. Usually the financial requirements are listed in the EL for your Embassy. Read and see what it says.

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Get the UK K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed. Usually the financial requirements are listed in the EL for your Embassy. Read and see what it says.

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

good point if it isnt on the actual embassy site probably nothing to stress over

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have read it, and did not see anywhere where I would need an employment letter. Does anyone see anything I don't see there?

Thanks!

Greenbaum gave you a link - just take a look,
Here is another one, also from the website of US Embassy in Kiev.
Read careful p.6 "EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT": ".... Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form - preferably one year of tax returns, w-2, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers ..."
For my K1 interview I had the last Tax Return, along with W-2s, bank statement and letter from employer.
Good luck!
Edited by ToddB

Timeline

Hey Todd, I saw it but is was vague. It just said employment letters which can mean an offer letter or a letter from the firm I work at. It looks like your fiance' came from Ukraine. What did you give her in terms of employment letters?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.