dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2016

827 posts in this topic

Just popping in to say HEY to the new members....200.gif

Good luck to those awaiting approvals/interview dates...congrats to those who have gotten interview success....200.gif

And hang in there to those who are in AP....200.gif

Update: I got my SSN 10 days in the mail after I arrived in Florida...I had to go into the Social Security office to get it tho. Still awaiting my physical Green Card also but I use my temporary I-551 stamp in my passport for now. I got my driver's license at the Florida DMV yesterday so that was one hurdle crossed successfully. I also have a job offer which starts in 2 weeks....the adjustment is going well for us and soon, it will be that way for those who are waiting on their approvals.

Best of luck to all those on this dreaded visa journey.....it is a stretch and a painful wait but it IS definitely worth it if you have gone down this road for the RIGHT reasons! :thumbs::yes:

Hey Amadia, and anyone else ------ When do you suggest that my husband should start looking for a job in the US? Did you look while you were abroad, or did you wait until you got to the USA?

Thanks for your advice!

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Just popping in to say HEY to the new members....200.gif

Good luck to those awaiting approvals/interview dates...congrats to those who have gotten interview success....200.gif

And hang in there to those who are in AP....200.gif

Update: I got my SSN 10 days in the mail after I arrived in Florida...I had to go into the Social Security office to get it tho. Still awaiting my physical Green Card also but I use my temporary I-551 stamp in my passport for now. I got my driver's license at the Florida DMV yesterday so that was one hurdle crossed successfully. I also have a job offer which starts in 2 weeks....the adjustment is going well for us and soon, it will be that way for those who are waiting on their approvals.

Best of luck to all those on this dreaded visa journey.....it is a stretch and a painful wait but it IS definitely worth it if you have gone down this road for the RIGHT reasons! :thumbs::yes:

I have same question about job opportunity in USA. My husband is going through his process now but his interview date is still pending. How can I help him with jo. Opportunities in us? I know how hard it is find a job in USA. What did u do? Did u start looking before u got there or did u look for one after u got there? What did u do for ur resume? Please share...

good luck to everyone on medical and interview coming up mine is coming up in 4 days

17 days to interview and 4 days to medical and everyone good luck to you all this is our month guys

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

IR1 VISA APPROVED!!!!!! I would just like to say thank you to everyone on this forum. If it wasn't for eveyones past experiences i don't think we would be here at this point

Congratulations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have same question about job opportunity in USA. My husband is going through his process now but his interview date is still pending. How can I help him with jo. Opportunities in us? I know how hard it is find a job in USA. What did u do? Did u start looking before u got there or did u look for one after u got there? What did u do for ur resume? Please share...

My husband he has been here since June 28th. Got SS card about a month later. He had been working now a week. Actually got a job 2 weeks after getting his card.

We had him get on Monster.co and careerbuilder.com (there are other sites) and start getting those emails of jobs he is interested in and the are you in. This helps give you an outlook whats out there and get on companies and recruiters radar.

Resume just do it up American style. My husbands I had to change alot because in Nigeria they have to give alot of personal info that's illegal here to ask. And not recommended to be put on a resume.

Once he got here and got his SS (can't do anything without it) we did some online applications and within 2 weeks he was hired.

One thing many of the jobs he wanted they wanted US drivers license many with at least 6 months of experience (and this was for none driving jobs) so he was discouraged in that. But find something in the meantime.

Here in Houston the backlog to get license is crazy. He took his written test August 1st and the next available road test is September 8th. So 1 more week. Thank God than he can drive himself.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hey Amadia, and anyone else ------ When do you suggest that my husband should start looking for a job in the US? Did you look while you were abroad, or did you wait until you got to the USA?

Thanks for your advice!

Hi jordache463,

I waited until I arrived in the US. I started searching the very next night I arrived (Sunday) and went on sites like Monster.com and Indeed.com

I recommend Indeed since it helps you find work narrowed down to your exact county/zip code. It would also be wise to have your SSN card before you start actually working.

Hi rooji,

I highly recommend waiting until you guys pass the interview and get APPROVED before job hunting. Many ppl's answer to how hard finding a job is will vary when each person tells their story. Mine would go like "It was stressful but I got one in record time!" :dancing:

I started searching the very next night I arrived (Sunday) and went on websites like Monster.com and Indeed.com which are both excellent! I already had a resume saved on my laptop so I edited and updated it to reflect my current work situation and these sites allow you to upload your resume so that you don't always have to keep doing that each time you log in.

I more recommend Indeed since it helps you find work narrowed down to your exact county/zip code.

Best of luck to your hubby!

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

congrats

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone!

If anyone can provide links where can i check my status at NVC?

Doc sent to NVC on 08/12

Thank you!

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

then look at the fee status if it said paid then your case still not done yet and if it say n/a then your case is done.

good luck to everyone this is our month and we are going to be happy

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Congrats everyone!

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

then look at the fee status if it said paid then your case still not done yet and if it say n/a then your case is done.

Thank you!

Congratulations on CC, HMMFE! Get all the papers ready that you need for the interview and read (and re-read) the interview infos for your embassy while you're waiting for the interview date. That's been helpful to me.

Congratulations, Shawtina Skeyi A! Were you lucky getting an interview date already?

Congrats, rooji! Glad to see you here, I remember you from earlier stages :)

Congratulations on the approval, ChanSwe! I hope we'll the celebrating next week

Congrats on having your passport with the visa back, KRDC! Did you book a flight?

Yay, dropsofvenus! Congrats on the approval and thanks for letting us know the questions you were asked :)

Congrats on your approval, RestRion!

Yay, Marine01, congrats on the approval. It must be good to know your separation is not for much longer now :)

YYAI, congrats on your wife's approval and visa issuing. I guess by now she has it in hand?

Jialuqman, congrats on CC & welcome to this madhouse LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.