nyokie

Need help- no receipt number (merged)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My lawyer file the I-130 between July 11-14. When my husband Called theLaywer she said they have submitted the I-140 and to call them back in 2 weeks.

I email her and she said they still waiting on a receipt number from USCIS,

This week make 2 weeks.

Question is this normal? Anyone else have this problem because I notice some people send their after mine and they already have their receipts number.

It took one and a half weeks for my snail mail to reach me.

Just a question, though... Your lawyer sent the I-130 petition via certified mail/private post, right? She needs to give you the tracking number for that - if the tracking number says it was delivered/accepted by USCIS then there's no need to panic - the mail just takes a while occasionally. Also, did USCIS cash your check yet? If they cashed your check (as they usually do this very quickly) that's one way to know they've received your case, too!

If your lawyer does NOT have a tracking number and confirmation of receipt for you, then BE CAREFUL. I had a lawyer who told me he sent in all my forms and due to my ignorance at the time, I found out two months later that our papers were never sent (and actually had never even been completed). My husband and I wasted two precious months apart because of that. Please ask her a ton of questions and demand proof. You can also request a copy of your file which should have all of your paperwork - she is legally required to hand over all documents in your file.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline

It took one and a half weeks for my snail mail to reach me.

Just a question, though... Your lawyer sent the I-130 petition via certified mail/private post, right? She needs to give you the tracking number for that - if the tracking number says it was delivered/accepted by USCIS then there's no need to panic - the mail just takes a while occasionally. Also, did USCIS cash your check yet? If they cashed your check (as they usually do this very quickly) that's one way to know they've received your case, too!

If your lawyer does NOT have a tracking number and confirmation of receipt for you, then BE CAREFUL. I had a lawyer who told me he sent in all my forms and due to my ignorance at the time, I found out two months later that our papers were never sent (and actually had never even been completed). My husband and I wasted two precious months apart because of that. Please ask her a ton of questions and demand proof. You can also request a copy of your file which should have all of your paperwork - she is legally required to hand over all documents in your file.

I will have to ask for a tracking or something. At least she should have having us a tracking number or something.

A friend told me about the lawyer and said she use the lawyer to filer for her. A friend got straight and everything.

This is making me upset.

Don't get upset yet! It could just be taking a while to receive the notice.

My friend had success with my awful lawyer, too, which is why I signed up with him first (she highly recommended him). He then had a stroke which made him unable to properly perform his job so, although he helped her a lot, he was completely negligent in our case due to unforeseen circumstances, so it can happen.

If you do find out she didn't file, you can ask for your money back and demand everything in your file.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline

Can I call the USCIS to find out if they received my mail for I-130 by give them our name FOB etc? Don't have receipt number or anything.

If so what number or email?

My lawyer file the I-130 between July 11-14. When my husband Called theLaywer she said they have submitted the I-140 and to call them back in 2 weeks.

I email her and she said they still waiting on a receipt number from USCIS,

This week make 2 weeks.

Question is this normal? Anyone else have this problem because I notice some people send their after mine and they already have their receipts number.

When I filed in November of last year it took about ten days where I received the actual text message from USCIS that my case was received, but I requested my lawyer to send me the tracking number as soon as the package was mailed and honestly the only reason I used a lawyer was my prepaid legal covered it if not I would have done it myself. Get the tracking number, Nothing really goes in order I got my NOA2 in 26 days back then and there was people who sent it before me and got their two weeks after. Now from what I see on processing times it is taking longer.

Timeline

Don't get upset yet! It could just be taking a while to receive the notice.

My friend had success with my awful lawyer, too, which is why I signed up with him first (she highly recommended him). He then had a stroke which made him unable to properly perform his job so, although he helped her a lot, he was completely negligent in our case due to unforeseen circumstances, so it can happen.

If you do find out she didn't file, you can ask for your money back and demand everything in your file.[/quote

It's the same reason why omens up with this lawyer because a friend recommended her,

Yeah I will ask for my money back but I will wait til next week.

Timeline

When I filed in November of last year it took about ten days where I received the actual text message from USCIS that my case was received, but I requested my lawyer to send me the tracking number as soon as the package was mailed and honestly the only reason I used a lawyer was my prepaid legal covered it if not I would have done it myself. Get the tracking number, Nothing really goes in order I got my NOA2 in 26 days back then and there was people who sent it before me and got their two weeks after. Now from what I see on processing times it is taking longer.

I understand, thanks for sharing I wonder if that what they waiting on NOA1 the let me know. But I will not give up hope. I mostly only want to known if USICS has received it and once I know am cool with it. But I thank you for sharing I appreciate you and others that reply.

Timeline

Hi wold I have a question for you. First of all congrats and wish you all the best.

I am July 3016 filer and am just trying to finger out if any of you have experienced what am going through now.

This is crazy now listen....my lawyer mailed the I-130 package to USCIS Between JUY 11-15. My husband called USCIS today and said they didn't received anything and said it take a month to hit the system.

I email her yesterday and told her to send us the tracking of the package she sent to USCIS and she reply last night and said she will contact my husband.

I will hear what she have to say.

I just want to know if your package took this long to get any email or mail and receipt numbers?? The lawyer said they still waiting on USCIS to send then the receipt number.

I honestly don't understand it.

Without the tracking number you have no way of knowing if it reached USCIS or not.

Is there any reason why you are using a lawyer? It can slow the process down. And I'm surprised this lawyer hadn't been able to give you exact details regarding the tracking number of the package. After all, you are paying her good money to work for you!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi wold I have a question for you. First of all congrats and wish you all the best.

I am July 3016 filer and am just trying to finger out if any of you have experienced what am going through now.

This is crazy now listen....my lawyer mailed the I-130 package to USCIS Between JUY 11-15. My husband called USCIS today and said they didn't received anything and said it take a month to hit the system.

I email her yesterday and told her to send us the tracking of the package she sent to USCIS and she reply last night and said she will contact my husband.

I will hear what she have to say.

I just want to know if your package took this long to get any email or mail and receipt numbers?? The lawyer said they still waiting on USCIS to send then the receipt number.

I honestly don't understand it.

If your lawyer didn't include the G1145 to get email and or text when you are received and get receipt number than yes you have to wait for the hardcopy notice We call NOA1) that can take 2 to 4 weeks to receive.

So you are within the timeline nothing to be concerned with.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Without the tracking number you have no way of knowing if it reached USCIS or not.

Is there any reason why you are using a lawyer? It can slow the process down. And I'm surprised this lawyer hadn't been able to give you exact details regarding the tracking number of the package. After all, you are paying her good money to work for you!

Yeah without it I can't do anything.

Yeah ther bus a resin why I get a lawyer, I never know it will slow the process down and am not looking to jump the lines. Why it will slow the proc as down? Because they will take their own time and may miss a mistake?

Waiting for my husband to call the lawyer.

Timeline

If your lawyer didn't include the G1145 to get email and or text when you are received and get receipt number than yes you have to wait for the hardcopy notice We call NOA1) that can take 2 to 4 weeks to receive.

So you are within the timeline nothing to be concerned with.

Most likely they included because they did more then one person paperwork before so they should know they have to file the G1145.

I really don't know what going one it can be a part of waiting 3-4 weeks for NOA1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can you track your check to see if it has been cashed?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.