FilAm.Love

Advance Medical - Is it possible without Interview letter from NVC??

16 posts in this topic

I plan to have an advance medical this coming August 3, 2016. I am still waiting for my case to be completed. Is it possible I could have an advance medical without an interview letter yet? What I'm going to bring with me are:

2 copies NVC Welcome Letter
2 copies DS260 confirmation
2 copies passport Biopage
4pcs 2x2 picture
Black Ballpen
11,300 pesos
I hope to hear from anyone who have experience with an advance medical. Everything is already set up including round trip tickets..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I plan to have an advance medical this coming August 3, 2016. I am still waiting for my case to be completed. Is it possible I could have an advance medical without an interview letter yet? What I'm going to bring with me are:

2 copies NVC Welcome Letter
2 copies DS260 confirmation
2 copies passport Biopage
4pcs 2x2 picture
Black Ballpen
11,300 pesos
I hope to hear from anyone who have experience with an advance medical. Everything is already set up including round trip tickets..

the first thing they ask when you go to your medical is the P4 letter or the interview letter

there is bar code that they have to scan

i don't think advance medical is possible

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

the first thing they ask when you go to your medical is the P4 letter or the interview letter

there is bar code that they have to scan

i don't think advance medical is possible

I joined this group of spousal visa on facebook. They said it is possible I could have an advance medical without the interview letter as long as I have the ds260 confirmation with the bar code and also the NVC welcome letter.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove attachment containing personal information

My husband plans on having his medical done also on Aug. 3rd. We recently got an interview date, but when my husband called SLEC it was before we got an interview scheduled, and he was told that you can get an advanced medical done as long as you have a case number from NVC.

And as a side note, it is always advised NOT to book flights until the visa is in your hand. But hopefully everything works out according to plan for you ;)

Edited by xmaricrisx

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Depends on the country. In some, mostly those with a USCIS office where DCF is available (London for example) you can have an early medical. However understand that the medical is tied to the visa validity. Having a medical too early will give the foreign beneficiary less time to close up shop and move to the USA, especially if their visa is delayed in being issued for any reason.

IMHO unless you think there is a TB positive risk, don't do it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

My husband plans on having his medical done also on Aug. 3rd. We recently got an interview date, but when my husband called SLEC it was before we got an interview scheduled, and he was told that you can get an advanced medical done as long as you have a case number from NVC.

And as a side note, it is always advised NOT to book flights until the visa is in your hand. But hopefully everything works out according to plan for you ;)

We haven't booked any flights going to USA. What he booked was my trip to Manila for my medical. Thank you for the information.

Depends on the country. In some, mostly those with a USCIS office where DCF is available (London for example) you can have an early medical. However understand that the medical is tied to the visa validity. Having a medical too early will give the foreign beneficiary less time to close up shop and move to the USA, especially if their visa is delayed in being issued for any reason.

IMHO unless you think there is a TB positive risk, don't do it.

I had a history that's why I want to have an advance medical. I already expect that they will require me to undergo sputum and culture and will delay my visa for 2 months but hopefully the result will be negative since I had a TB culture done at st lukes in taguig it says negative as well as my gene xpert test done at lung center says negative. Those test were done month of May this year. Regarding with the interview date, the NVC receive our IV package on July 5, 2016 so if I am not mistaken after 30 days review I should hear a news from the NVC around 1st or 2nd week of August.

30 days if you dont have a checklist.

Your timeline says DCF which obviously isnt correct...

If your current testing says negative bring those results to your medical. There shouldn't be any need to have it in advance, however, i can move your thread to the regional forum if you want regionally specific answers.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

30 days if you dont have a checklist.

Your timeline says DCF which obviously isnt correct...

If your current testing says negative bring those results to your medical. There shouldn't be any need to have it in advance, however, i can move your thread to the regional forum if you want regionally specific answers.

I am wondering where can you find mine as DCF? My husband is not living here in Philippines. He's in New Jersey right now while I am here in Philippines. I have all the medical records ready. Previous xray's, cullture and ct scans. And I will highly appreciate if I can get more advice from everyone. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't make a timeline for NVC to complete the case

it is dependent on how many cases they have and when a visa numbe is available

also depends on how fast the petitioner gets all documents to them as required

What everyone here is saying is that, if you get a visa, you must travel within 6 months of medical exam, not visa issue date

i know we all like to plan ahead but immigration puts us ON HOLD

our case was 1 year in NVC as i had to fill out the support agreement over and over

finally did pay a lawyer who did it exactly as i had been doing according to my IRS transcripts and they accepted his filing / GO figure

but good luck and God bless you

I am wondering where can you find mine as DCF? My husband is not living here in Philippines. He's in New Jersey right now while I am here in Philippines. I have all the medical records ready. Previous xray's, cullture and ct scans. And I will highly appreciate if I can get more advice from everyone. Thank you.

Your timeline on this website you filled out as DCF instead of IR1/CR1 like you should have. It just skews the numbers for others.

Im unsure if st lukes gives medicals before an interview. Contact them.

Your timeline on this website you filled out as DCF instead of IR1/CR1 like you should have. It just skews the numbers for others.

How can I change that? I have viewed my timeline yesterday and you're right! I've been trying to change it but still the same :(

I finally figured it out how to change it. :idea:

Don't make a timeline for NVC to complete the case

it is dependent on how many cases they have and when a visa numbe is available

also depends on how fast the petitioner gets all documents to them as required

What everyone here is saying is that, if you get a visa, you must travel within 6 months of medical exam, not visa issue date

i know we all like to plan ahead but immigration puts us ON HOLD

our case was 1 year in NVC as i had to fill out the support agreement over and over

finally did pay a lawyer who did it exactly as i had been doing according to my IRS transcripts and they accepted his filing / GO figure

but good luck and God bless you

Thank you! My husband hired an agent to process our visa. Right now I check my case status and still at the NVC. We haven't hear anything from them since we mailed our IV package last July 5th. We are both hoping that the NVC is not going to ask more documents from us. We mailed everything they asked from us and all are originals. I have talked to some Filipina women on Facebook spousal visa page. All they said I can able to have an advance medical and what I mention on my first post that's all I need to have the medical. We will still going to call SLEC to confirm everything. My flight to Manila is on August 2nd and I plan to have my medical on the 3rd day. I already expect that I will be under sputum and culture due to my health history. Again, thank you and God bless you too!

you need the interview letter at the medical appointment

I have talked to some Filipina women on Facebook spousal visa page. All they said I can able to have an advance medical and what I mention on my first post that's all I need to have the medical. We will still going to call SLEC to confirm everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.