sanil1986

CR1 Montreal Interview - Approved !

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I’m going to start with something my wife said verbatim “this process was the most stressful process I’ve come across in 27 years of my life”. She barely slept, she was all jittery, at one point I almost saw a side of my wife, which was completely new to me, and finally it’s over. I asked her to pen down the occurrences at the interview and here’s what she had to say.

I know it’s really long but I promise to try and be helpful. The day before my interview I collected my medical reports (large white envelope and a brown envelope with a CD) and went down the roads trying to locate the consulate. My GPS had a mind of its own and I went around the building in circles till I came and halted in surrender and noticed a man go in from the side of the building I looked up and saw it, “the eagle”, yes there are no flags or sign posts to lead you to your destination and your GPS will guide you to the huge building but after that, you are your own navigation system. So, for all first timers.

· The consulate is located on the 19th floor of a tall grey building.

· If you see an H& M store you’re close keep going straight ahead.

· The ideal way to describe it would be as you walk pass the street if you see a Starbucks you’re closer to your destination. Keep to your left, first you’ll see a set of stairs that means you’re almost there keep walking straight looking towards your left, once you see a truck loading-unloading zone you know you’re there.

· The building has no frills it’s very simple with an emblem, which has the famous eagle and the number 1155 on the door.

My interview was scheduled at 9:30 AM July 28th. I arrived at 7:30 AM. There was a queue of about 20 people mostly non-immigrant visa applicants. A lady came out asked everyone to take his/ her interview letter and passport out to be shown as you enter through the main door. At my turn in the line I was guided by the security to enter the main door and another security personnel checked both my interview letter and passport and handed me a laminated paper with a number prefixed with a # sign, I was advised to go to the counter when the number was called out on the 19th floor. Soon I was guided up through the stairs into security check P.S backpacks and laptops are a big NO NO, they sent some people back. At security they took my cellphone and allotted me a ticket, which was to be presented upon completion of my interview inorder to collect my phone. I was allowed to carry my handbag.

Once the security-check was over I was directed to the elevator, which was located at the basement and asked to go up to the 19th floor. I reached the 19th floor at 8:10 AM and a friendly staff seated the immigrant and non-immigrant applicants separately. I nervously waited for my number to be called out. I was called to the counter at 8:30 AM the staff at the counter was very direct. She asked me some questions.

CO: What is your name ?

CO: Who is the petitioner?

CO: When were you married?

CO: What is your address in Canada?

CO: What is your address in the US?

Then she asked me for my

· Original passport

· Birth certificate

· Marriage certificate

· Petitioner’s tax transcript and W2 (I asked for W2 back at interview)

· Police clearance

· Medical report (only white envelope)

· Original AOS document.

She also asked me to pen down my address. She also put a post-it on my US B1/B2 visa that read valid. Submitting documents was easy because my husband had helped me order my documents in a very accessible way into labeled slots (from experience, its good to have photocopies but not mandatory so don’t overburden yourself) then she took my fingerprints and asked me to be seated until called. Soon I found myself looking towards the clock at 8:45 AM and wondering how did people finish their interviews in 5 minutes. I then heard the first interview call it was for a woman who was submitting her documents next to my counter she was called on to counter #8. I felt a little dismayed thinking I may have lost the chance to be the interviewed by the guy at counter #8 (he’s very well liked by all candidates who have attended interviews in Montreal he’s very pleasant). The lady who was called earlier to counter #8 was soon out and I heard my number and yes counter #8. At that moment I had this huge sigh of relief it was almost as though a sense of sudden calm had taken over my nervous self. I felt like I had won the battle.

I walked up to the interview window and the first thing he said was “ I’ve never seen someone smile in their passport bio picture, their medical picture and visa picture and I love that and I’m going to try everything to give you a visa today. I was all chuckles just a few minutes in, soon he made me take the oath, asked me

CO: How long have you been married?

CO: When were you married?

CO: Have you ever stayed beyond 6 months on your B1/B2 visa?

CO: Have you ever got into trouble with law?

CO: What is my highest degree of education?

After these questions he said congratulations and handed in the paper that read “ Welcome to United States”. I couldn’t resist and I told him I was praying I get interviewed by him and I was happy beyond leaps and bounds that he did and he lit up and responded “oh really” I told him he’s really famous among people at the forum and we ended our chat. I walked out with a gigantic smile and leaped towards the elevator mostly because this entire ordeal had come to an end and also because I was going to go Green all the way home haha.

If you’re too stressed before the interview go out for a walk, familiarize yourself with the area, grab a teavana shaken berry sangria as they call it at Starbucks and pay a visit to the beautiful basilica right across Starbucks, it gave me a feeling as though God was watching over my entire process and I was in safe hands and it was going to be fine. Mrskent, my husband conveyed your wishes, I’m sure you’ll have an amazing experience too, we’re excited for you and I hope you get #8 too. :D. I would make fun of my husband for being a forum addict because I would see him browse the forum while we were watching TV but honestly taking help from the forum was by far the best decision also my husband planed things wonderfully. Good luck everyone who is going in for their visa interviews I’m sure you’ll all do really well. Despite some stressful moments keep reminding yourself the trial is worth it when the price is walking home to your loved ones. Once again good luck everyone.

P.S: The announcements aren’t very clear particularly from counter #12 so try sitting in the front rows and away from the kids play area there was some confusion today.

Cheers.

Edited by sanil1986

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Timeline

Congratz Bro

USCIS:

NVC:

EMBASSY:

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome, congrats dude

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Timeline

Congratulations!!!:-))

Awesome, congrats dude

USCIS:

NVC:

EMBASSY:

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.