Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Oh wow Tasha!! It's a minor thing as you said..but all this time waiting...and everything he's going through now is just unbelievable...:be strong as well as him. It's almost the end!

Nina

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

Oh wow Tasha!! It's a minor thing as you said..but all this time waiting...and everything he's going through now is just unbelievable...:be strong as well as him. It's almost the end!

Nina

Thank you, Nina. I am strong and I am not telling him as it is irrelevant in our case now, but I see it as a way to try to delay our visa with no reason at all. They asked to provide my craigslist ads even from 1 year before and they know most of the people place the ads with no registration and then expired and lost. Fortunately I am inscribed in craigslist and have all the list of my recent and old ads and made the screenshots right away. It scares me just thinking what if I hadn't??? the embassy letter asks precisely craigslist ads

:cry:

Tasha

Sorry to hear that Tasha. At least you know that once you get them what they asked for he is approved and the waiting is finally over! Don't let it get you down.

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hello all, just wanted to let you guys know that my fiance was finally approved today, December 1st. We had a total of 2 interviews and today we weren't sure what he was going to get. It's long story which we will update on our timeline as soon as he is able to get his visa in 6 days. We had our first interview on Nov 3rd on short notice. We got the letter of everything he needed for the interview the day before he had to go there. We managed to get every document still because he emailed them and we were given the interview date 2 weeks prior via email. Basically in our first interview they gave him a very hard time. He got asked a lot of questions, very personal ones. Like why was I born in Hawaii or how and where did my father die. He even asked about my mother's current relationship. So if anyone is still waiting to be interviewed, know that sometimes it's not an easy cake walk. He answered all of them in English and knew everything but for some reason they didn't want to look at all the proof we had. So the consular asked that we bring additional proof to a second interview which was a specific screenshot of when we became friends on Facebook. We brought way more than that, including 3 letters that were notarized from friends saying our relationship is legit. We had hundreds of screenshots and pictures the first time around and we brought hundreds more the second. In the second interview (Nov 15th) he wasn't really asked much but it still wasn't enough. The consular ended up wanting to see my mother's benefits (even though she wasn't our sponsor) and for my fiance to write a letter stating how he will survive and support me in the US :/. We told them countless times how he will get a part time job and go to college but yeah they just wanted to delay us more. My sponsor ended up having to call them and explain that he will be supporting us until my fiance and I are able to support ourselves. Still, he brought the letter and went there today. He wasn't interviewed this time around but it was very nerve racking because people in front of him kept getting denied. In the end they said he was approved and to pick up his visa in 6 days. I'm so glad it's almost over since these days have been so hard for us. My fiance and I are both young, basically 20, so they gave us a hard time. We've been together since 2014 and I'm in college for computer science and my fiance is into tech wanting to do the same as me when he's here. My mother is letting us stay in her house which is paid off so we were surprised they gave us such a hard time since my sponsor makes well over the poverty line. There's many more details to the story but I want to just give a brief summary for people in this thread who are discouraged. Don't worry, things will work out. They give a hard time to people from high fraud countries I guess. My fiance and I met through our hobby of video editing via Youtube but our consular was questioning what that even is haha (we even brought screenshots of that too)! So keep your heads up guys! Sorry for the lengthy post. :crying:(L)

Edited by linacakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We've FINALLY gotten an update on our status. Fiancé's interview was Nov 7th and we've been waiting and waiting for ages for it to say something other than READY for interview. Today the status chanced to Administrative Processing and both the case date and status date changed today.

That means they will issue his visa soon, correct? They've had his passport for almost a month and it's driving us crazy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Yeah don't worry Tasha, sometimes the consular just wants to delay people for no reason. If they wanted these random documents from the start they could of said so instead of giving so much anxiety to people. & Thank you!! I actually take a Web Design class at the moment. It's crazy how they want weird information from so long ago (but they wanted the same from us :crying: ). Good luck Tasha, hopefully things work out for you and everyone else that is still waiting :(!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We've FINALLY gotten an update on our status. Fiancé's interview was Nov 7th and we've been waiting and waiting for ages for it to say something other than READY for interview. Today the status chanced to Administrative Processing and both the case date and status date changed today.

That means they will issue his visa soon, correct? They've had his passport for almost a month and it's driving us crazy!

It says Non Immigrant Visa now right? Ours said that for about 3 full days before changing to Issued. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancee and I went to go to apply for his SSN and they gave us 4 weeks timeframe to get his SS card. I am still waiting :cry: Does it take that long for us to get it? I am basically stuck until I get his number. :crying: . I want to add him to my bank account, health insurance, etc and I can't do anything without a social security number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello at all :)

I'm sorry for you guys struggling so much withe the visa and your journey. Don't give up it's gonna be a long hard way but never give up!!

For myself I got a reply from Frankfurt that they received my medical.my interview was 11-21-16 the medical 11-15-16 so now they replied that my visa is being issued shortly :). Hopefully next week i'll have it :)

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancee and I went to go to apply for his SSN and they gave us 4 weeks timeframe to get his SS card. I am still waiting :cry: Does it take that long for us to get it? I am basically stuck until I get his number. :crying: . I want to add him to my bank account, health insurance, etc and I can't do anything without a social security number.

So annoying!! That will obviously now be the first thing we do hearing your story. The bank and health ins need the SS to add him? ugh

My fiance is at his interview right now.. I am frozen here waiting to hear something. ahhhhh... i am just PRAYING it all goes ok.... so worried. We went over everything yesterday very carefully....

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

we didn't get the visa.. i can't really understand why.. my fiance is crying and cant explain it properly because he is so upset. We have been together for 3 1/2 years. 1 year in India together.. the rest of the time trying to be in the same country. We submitted pages and pages of photos. 3 signed letters from friends explaining how they knew us and our relationship, pages of text messages, photos of my engagement ring, photos of gifts we have sent each other. I visited him many times and he was here once - we showed the plane tickets. We took holidays together in India and showed the receipts. They said there is not enough proof we are a couple. They want more photos, more texts, proof we have registered at the courthouse.. how can i do that if he is not here?????

Please if anyone had any advice I would like to hear it... I am about to break down. I honestly do not know what to do. I showed every bit of proof I had.. I don't have more to show!!!!! I don't have MORE photos!! I have kids and he wanted pictures of him with my kids.. I don't have any. What can I do now?

He traveled 1 1/2 days by train and is now stuck in this city not knowing what to do. They handed him back his passport and said lookup a "drop off" location for the items requested - and do it within a year. That was it.

For those that were asked for more evidence, was the passport returned to you? How do you submit the new evidence? And how will you know when it has been received and you can schedule a new interview?

I knew I should have flown out to be at the interview but I did not have the money. I am so upset. Please any words of encouragement would help right now... i am devastated.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

They said we MUST submit all documents.. wedding invitations... etc.. pictures with the kids.. as of know their decision is a denial. unless we submit all documents. I don't have all documents... i don't have pictures with the kids.. i don't have wedding invitations because we were just getting married just the two of us.. this is not my first marriage and we are not doing it with other people..... i have other items on the list (wedding ring pictures and receipts) wedding outfit, reservation at the place that we will marry, etc.... but i don't have everything... :(

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

They said we MUST submit all documents.. wedding invitations... etc.. pictures with the kids.. as of know their decision is a denial. unless we submit all documents. I don't have all documents... i don't have pictures with the kids.. i don't have wedding invitations because we were just getting married just the two of us.. this is not my first marriage and we are not doing it with other people..... i have other items on the list (wedding ring pictures and receipts) wedding outfit, reservation at the place that we will marry, etc.... but i don't have everything... :(

So very sorry to hear they gave him such a difficult time. We've seen people come through all sorts of obstacles here on VJ so don't lose faith. Perhaps some of the old timers who have been around a while may have some guidance? They don't seem to reply in this forum much but perhaps you can get their input in others? Sending you both lots of love and positive vibes.

27-Jul-2016 NOA1 (California Service Center)

19-Oct-2016 RFE - Received RFE letter: abstract birth certificate not sufficient (US citizen)

10-Nov-2016 NOA2 Received letter

29-Nov-2016 NVC - Assigned Case Number and Invoice ID

30-Nov-2016 NVC - Left

07-Dec-2016 Sydney Consulate Received

07-Dec-2016 Received Package 3

08-Dec-2016 Sent Packet 3

08-Dec-2016 Completed medical with Dr. Sinclair in Perth

11-Dec-2016 Received Package 4

17-Dec-2016 Opened envelope received in Oct. from AFP to discover the copies of the identification were missing

17-Dec-2016 Contacted AFP, provided copies of identification and requested a quick turnaround

20-Dec-2016 Interview - Administrative Processing awaiting AFP Check

21-Dec-2016 AFP mailed Certification via Aussie Post

28-Dec-2016 Received AFP Certificate and mailed to Sydney Consulate DHL Priority

11-Jan-2017 Status Date with Status of Issued

11-Jan-2017 Received email from Sydney Consulate - medical was incorrectly in paperwork returned to me

11-Jan-2017 Sent medical overnight to Sydney Consulate

12-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate received medical

18-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate sent visa package and passport via Toll Priority

20-Jan-2017 US Entry through Los Angeles, CA

10-Feb-2017 Married!

14-Feb-2017 Sent I-485 and I-765

22-Feb-2017 NOA1 for both

27-Mar-2017 Biometrics

25-Apr-2017 EAD Expedite Request Approved

05-May-2017 EAD Card Received

01-Jun-2017 AOS Approved

01-Mar-2019 Sent I-751

13-Mar-2019 Received text with receipt number LIN

13-Sep-2019 Received snail mail I-797C with biometrics appt. for 26-Sep-2019

17-Jan-2020 Notification that card is being produced.  (No interview.)

Timeline

Wow! Pray and think the most important your case is moving, it's good moving toward visa.

I am praying for you

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.