Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

When I first started this process I Googled for hours looking at information about the k1. I don't remember what site it was on here or elsewhere but there was a guy who was starting the k1 process and he also had worked in one of the processing centers. They said that the applications get put in boxes and put on shelves in a storage area to await being picked. Also there are people that work from home. They said the employees take a box at a time and work through it, and unfortunately everyone works at different speeds and everyone does rfes differently. Some may let more slide than others. So those still waiting don't loose hope! It could just be on a slow desk or at someone's house waiting to be brought back in and updated. :)

This is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Edited by Cushid

Timeline

When I first started this process I Googled for hours looking at information about the k1. I don't remember what site it was on here or elsewhere but there was a guy who was starting the k1 process and he also had worked in one of the processing centers. They said that the applications get put in boxes and put on shelves in a storage area to await being picked. Also there are people that work from home. They said the employees take a box at a time and work through it, and unfortunately everyone works at different speeds and everyone does rfes differently. Some may let more slide than others. So those still waiting don't loose hope! It could just be on a slow desk or at someone's house waiting to be brought back in and updated. :)

This is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

So true! It's the way it works

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all VJ

Joined late, I just found out this from a friend. I sent my on the 23 July got my NOA1 on July 27.

Welcome to I-129F July 2016 Filers!

Looks like they are randomly approving all July applications. Some of us at the beginning of July are still waiting for approvals.

You may be lucky enough to get an approval tonight :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Looks like they skipped over my application, I guess they aren't wanting to deal with 250 pages just yet :/

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know this isn't unique to my fiance and I, but the waiting is excruciating. I cried myself to sleep last night as we vented our frustrations via skype. It feels like injustice, fear, excitement, all at once. Just not knowing what is happening and being completely left in the dark, meanwhile trying to not feel as if our lives are on hold, yet not having the motivation to do much beyond what is necessary to meet basic human needs until our life together can begin.

At the same time I feel silly for typing all of this, especially with the tone sounding so melodramatic to me. So many times I have seen past VJ posts from others in our exact position lamenting having not yet received an approval. Then I view their timeline to see that they only had to wait another week or two until they received what they so desperately awaited. Even in this very forum some have expressed worry and sadness only to be approved the next day. I know it's coming, but some days are easier than others to remain positive and rational in the face of the unknown. Today is just not one of those days for me, especially with the long weekend ahead, and no approvals for 3 days.

I hope that we and others here are able to look back at this time period and find that soon after the height of our anxiety we too received what we desperately awaited.

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know this isn't unique to my fiance and I, but the waiting is excruciating. I cried myself to sleep last night as we vented our frustrations via skype. It feels like injustice, fear, excitement, all at once. Just not knowing what is happening and being completely left in the dark, meanwhile trying to not feel as if our lives are on hold, yet not having the motivation to do much beyond what is necessary to meet basic human needs until our life together can begin.

At the same time I feel silly for typing all of this, especially with the tone sounding so melodramatic to me. So many times I have seen past VJ posts from others in our exact position lamenting having not yet received an approval. Then I view their timeline to see that they only had to wait another week or two until they received what they so desperately awaited. Even in this very forum some have expressed worry and sadness only to be approved the next day. I know it's coming, but some days are easier than others to remain positive and rational in the face of the unknown. Today is just not one of those days for me, especially with the long weekend ahead, and no approvals for 3 days.

I hope that we and others here are able to look back at this time period and find that soon after the height of our anxiety we too received what we desperately awaited.

I completely understand your feelings and where you're coming from.

I explained it to my fiancé like a rollercoaster ride that goes up and down so often I feel a little sick. From 5pm PDT until 8pm PDT everyday I'm watching my phone waiting to see if I get a RFD or approval. The wait builds up and builds up just as the hope that today will be our day. Then the crash when instead of a notification about us I see the other approvals coming in. I'm truly happy for everyone who gets their approval (please don't get me wrong on that) but it feels a little like a punch to the gut to know we're left waiting again. And no matter how I try to school myself into not hoping as much the next day the same pattern repeats itself.

I refuse to put things on hold though. I'll be at a wedding tomorrow for two dear friends and then next weekend I'll be flying to Morocco for a week with my habibi and his family to celebrate the Eid. Even with that said, it was be very wonderful to get to celebrate an approval when we get to see each other again in a week.

I wish a very speedy approval for you Allison!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I completely understand your feelings and where you're coming from.

I explained it to my fiancé like a rollercoaster ride that goes up and down so often I feel a little sick. From 5pm PDT until 8pm PDT everyday I'm watching my phone waiting to see if I get a RFD or approval. The wait builds up and builds up just as the hope that today will be our day. Then the crash when instead of a notification about us I see the other approvals coming in. I'm truly happy for everyone who gets their approval (please don't get me wrong on that) but it feels a little like a punch to the gut to know we're left waiting again. And no matter how I try to school myself into not hoping as much the next day the same pattern repeats itself.

I refuse to put things on hold though. I'll be at a wedding tomorrow for two dear friends and then next weekend I'll be flying to Morocco for a week with my habibi and his family to celebrate the Eid. Even with that said, it was be very wonderful to get to celebrate an approval when we get to see each other again in a week.

I wish a very speedy approval for you Allison!

I'm in the same boat as you Cassandra and Allison. I'm trying to find ways to be patient. Im super excited for everyone but I too want that relief haha. I'm fortunate enough I get to skype nightly and get to see him in one week after months and months of distance. It's okay to be upset our lives are on hold after all. But it's coming! Good luck everyone and an Eid Mubarak, Cassandra. ☺️

Timeline

I'm in the same boat as you Cassandra and Allison. I'm trying to find ways to be patient. Im super excited for everyone but I too want that relief haha. I'm fortunate enough I get to skype nightly and get to see him in one week after months and months of distance. It's okay to be upset our lives are on hold after all. But it's coming! Good luck everyone and an Eid Mubarak, Cassandra. ☺️

Ah yes! I had forgotten that the 3 of us are visiting our fiances a week from today! That is also a nice break for us as well... if we were in this limbo without an upcoming visit, we'd both be a little bit more of a mess. And yes... to say we skype nightly is sort of an understatement. If I'm at home, skype is running, day and night. But in one week, no skype. We'll be together for a little while. :dancing:

Thank you for the support and well-wishes. Good luck to you both, too, and have great trips next week!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Allison, I totally get it.. I almost can't even keep reading all the approvals here because mine has not been approved yet also... it sound so stupid to be upset over such a short time in our lives.. very dramatic but the days really do tick by slowly. It's true your approval is just around the corner and it seems like forever because you just don't know exactly when. Hang in there.. you'll get it soon. I am still waiting for the RFE in the mail. 5 days now wondering what the heck they want from us and freaking out thinking "what if I don't have what they are asking for" Plus furious this has delayed things by maybe three more weeks or so. waiting.. waiting.. waiting... you're not alone in the waiting or in the frustration. or for feeling stupid for feeling overly dramatic about it all.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Hey Allison, I totally get it.. I almost can't even keep reading all the approvals here because mine has not been approved yet also... it sound so stupid to be upset over such a short time in our lives.. very dramatic but the days really do tick by slowly. It's true your approval is just around the corner and it seems like forever because you just don't know exactly when. Hang in there.. you'll get it soon. I am still waiting for the RFE in the mail. 5 days now wondering what the heck they want from us and freaking out thinking "what if I don't have what they are asking for" Plus furious this has delayed things by maybe three more weeks or so. waiting.. waiting.. waiting... you're not alone in the waiting or in the frustration. or for feeling stupid for feeling overly dramatic about it all.

Thank you, CRamak. And I think we all feel the same... happy for everyone who have received their approvals but feeling it hit us in our guts every time it isn't us. I'm just so thankful for this supportive community. We all feel it the same even if we all deal with it differently.

As for your RFE, I'm sorry you're receiving one. And as someone else here said, take comfort in knowing it means yours was reviewed and most likely it'll be a quick turnaround for your approval once they receive from you what they ask for. And I doubt it will be something you don't have. Hopefully it's something simple like a signature missing or THEY lost a document you sent them and just need it again. It has happened from what I've seen here on VJ. Just that not knowing makes us all so anxiety-ridden, but in the end, it most likely won't be that bad.

Thank you again and good luck to you! I hope it arrives soon so you can gather what you need. Maybe it'll come in time for the long weekend, so you can turn it around quickly.

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did anyone else have a front loaded application? I'm really curious how long it took people with larger applications to receive approvals.

Edited by Barroq&Yuting
Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Timeline

let me join to your group with all my ups and downs, we don't do Skype and almost never video or chat, he learned I hate phone and video and I am so shy eh, ah and not well on them but I am so good in chat in Facebook, so he learned I write a lot and speak my mind out in writing, I guess it's convenient for him yet sometimes it's also frustrated because I write to him all doubts and mess up from my mind at the moment and if I did read some bad stories about Nigerian men online, I jump on him and he even doesn't know what is it about but ... all this time and waiting apparently did a good thing for us, we learned a lot about each other and we understand each other now much, much better, so everything happens for a reason.

I am very happy for all approved, I am very happy for you guys you traveling to see each other, I will travel once we get NOA2, can't wait but try to do things here and be reasonable but ... I know, you guys sometimes feel the same, sometimes before to sleep my heart aches from so much waiting and so much wishing to have my fiance here, just knowing we are in the same house as we were when I was staying at his, the feeling he is here, maybe in a nother room or the same room but close, it hurts so much thinking he is far away, not together yet, then another day waiting

Tasha

Timeline

Did anyone else have a front loaded application? I'm really curious how long it took people with larger applications to receive approvals.

My file is small, I never do a lot, always just the necessary stuff and not too many, I can imagine how somebody needs to go through 200-300 pages, I wouldn't like it. Sorry, no offence intended

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.