Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Happylovelife111 said:

Hi there, did you get your card? Any idea what the submitted meant? I have the same thing it says submitted November 30 and paid November 1

Hey!

Yes, I received my green card on December 9th. Sorry, I should have updated the status here.

As for the "submitted on" thing, I have no idea what it means. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Created my account to share my long, arduous journey to GC. 

Class: F41 (Brothers & Sister of USC)

Country of Immigrant: Singapore

Petition filed: Feb 13, 2007

Documentarily Qualified email from NVC: Apr 6, 2022

Appointment Notice sent by NVC: May 6, 2022

Called for interview at US Embassy, Singapore: June 27, 2022

IV issued: June 29, 2022

IV Fee paid: Oct 6, 2022

POE: SFO, Nov 07, 2022

Card being produced (USCIS Online Status): Dec, 11 2022

Card being mailed (USCIS Online Status): Dec, 20 2022

Card being picked up by USPS  (USCIS Online Status): Dec, 20 2022 - Mailed via Priority Mail from USCIS Facility at CORBIN, KY 40701 

Card Delivered by USPS (USCIS Online Status): Dec, 23 2022

Time from Petition filed to finally getting green card: 15 years, 10 months, 11 days

Sharing my timeline.

POE: Newark, November 11, 2022

Card being produced: Dec 15 2022

Card being mailed : Dec 27 2022

Card being picked up by USPS: Dec 28 2022

Card Delivered by USPS : Dec 30 2022

Glad to have received my card within 60 days.  Was having problems opening bank accounts and credit line, cos the banks in my small-ish town have no clue about the I-551 stamp in my passport.

9 minutes ago, Madrismo said:

Sharing my timeline.

POE: Newark, November 11, 2022

Card being produced: Dec 15 2022

Card being mailed : Dec 27 2022

Card being picked up by USPS: Dec 28 2022

Card Delivered by USPS : Dec 30 2022

Glad to have received my card within 60 days.  Was having problems opening bank accounts and credit line, cos the banks in my small-ish town have no clue about the I-551 stamp in my passport.

Hi there, when did you pay the immigrant fees? 

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for the mine of informations that this forum constitutes and for the benevolence of all!

I would like to tell you about my situation, because it troubles me a little.

I obtained my F2A visa in France through the consular process. I arrived in the territory on August 30, 2022 (PEO: Newark), fees have been paid in July, after I received my visa.

I then received a letter for a biometric appointment which took place on December 30, 2022. To date, the status is as follows: "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

I'm not sure what the next step will be. Should I receive my green card quickly?

Why did I get a biometric appoitment? If I read the messages on the forum, it's because they didn't take my photo and my fingerprints at customs, but is there another reason, in your opinion?

Thank you all for your answers and... best wishes for 2023!

Edited by klmt
Add an information

On 4/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, Southernboy123 said:

Yeah we’ve called them and have a Service request in, all my stuff was electronic so no packet with me. When we called the assistant said she could see no reason why it is taking so long as all was in order. So a mystery to me! 

Hi there, i am sure you got your green card by now hopefully. Did your status say “submitted”  when you loggin into uscis website?

On 1/4/2023 at 2:35 PM, klmt said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for the mine of informations that this forum constitutes and for the benevolence of all!

I would like to tell you about my situation, because it troubles me a little.

I obtained my F2A visa in France through the consular process. I arrived in the territory on August 30, 2022 (PEO: Newark), fees have been paid in July, after I received my visa.

I then received a letter for a biometric appointment which took place on December 30, 2022. To date, the status is as follows: "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

I'm not sure what the next step will be. Should I receive my green card quickly?

Why did I get a biometric appoitment? If I read the messages on the forum, it's because they didn't take my photo and my fingerprints at customs, but is there another reason, in your opinion?

Thank you all for your answers and... best wishes for 2023!

Hi there, does your case say submitted when you log into the account? 

1 hour ago, klmt said:

Hello Happylovelife111,
I was never able to add my file to my USCIS account because I never received the notice. The only way I have to see the progress of my file is to go to this page: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

You would have to create a new account. Click on sign up for an account and it will automatically create an account for you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.