fitleo

June 2016 I-130 filers

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi wold I have a question for you July filer. first of all congrats and wish you all the best.

I am July filer and am just trying to finger out if any of you have experienced what am going through now.

This is crazy now listen....my lawyer mailed to USCIS Between JUY 11-15. My husband called USCIS today and said they didn't received anything and said it take a month to hit the system.

I email her yesterday and told her to send us the tracking of the package she sent to USCIS and she reply last night and said she will contact my husband.

I will hear what she have to say.

I just want to know if your package took this long to get any email or mail and receipt numbers?? The lawyer said they still waiting on USCIS to send then the receipt number.

I honestly don't understand it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi wold I have a question for you July filer. first of all congrats and wish you all the best.

I am July filer and am just trying to finger out if any of you have experienced what am going through now.

This is crazy now listen....my lawyer mailed to USCIS Between JUY 11-15. My husband called USCIS today and said they didn't received anything and said it take a month to hit the system.

I email her yesterday and told her to send us the tracking of the package she sent to USCIS and she reply last night and said she will contact my husband.

I will hear what she have to say.

I just want to know if your package took this long to get any email or mail and receipt numbers?? The lawyer said they still waiting on USCIS to send then the receipt number.

I honestly don't understand it.

Did you fill out the form for email notifications? If you did, they should send you a message about 3-5 days after they receive it. If you have tracking info for your package, you'll know if it got to the lockbox ok. From there, they send it out to the service center. Usually, after USCIS receives your package, you'll get NOA1 about two weeks later in the mail.

Has your check been cashed? If you don't receive your physical notice in the mail this week, definitely figure this out with your lawyer. It shouldn't take a month for you to get the receipt notice.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Did you fill out the form for email notifications? If you did, they should send you a message about 3-5 days after they receive it. If you have tracking info for your package, you'll know if it got to the lockbox ok. From there, they send it out to the service center. Usually, after USCIS receives your package, you'll get NOA1 about two weeks later in the mail.

Has your check been cashed? If you don't receive your physical notice in the mail this week, definitely figure this out with your lawyer. It shouldn't take a month for you to get the receipt notice.

My lawyer said It typically takes 45 days before we get notice and that's if everything is running smoothly with USCIS.

Timeline

My lawyer said It typically takes 45 days before we get notice and that's if everything is running smoothly with USCIS.

My NOA1 arrived about 10 days after filing. I didn't fill out the email notifications form, but most people do. With that form, it seems like people get a notification about 3 days after the package arrives at the lockbox.

USCIS

Timeline

We were approved yesterday! :D

Good luck to everyone!! Hope to hear more approvals this month!

USCIS

Congrats! I filled 3 days after you but I'm in Nebraska ugh.

Any idea where they are at?

Good luck with the rest!

Best

Timeline

Congrats! I filled 3 days after you but I'm in Nebraska ugh.

Any idea where they are at?

Good luck with the rest!

Best

It sounds like Nebraska has been stuck on February files for well over a month now. I don't know what their algorithm for assigning service centers must be, but it seemed like almost everyone was being sent to Nebraska for all of 2016 so far. So Texas had a chance to catch up on their backlog from last year. Now cases from Nebraska are being transferred out. Texas + Potomac are processing within 2-3mo. So hopefully they help Nebraska out!

USCIS

Timeline

Congrats which service center you st?

Texas Service Center

USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats!!!

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It sounds like Nebraska has been stuck on February files for well over a month now. I don't know what their algorithm for assigning service centers must be, but it seemed like almost everyone was being sent to Nebraska for all of 2016 so far. So Texas had a chance to catch up on their backlog from last year. Now cases from Nebraska are being transferred out. Texas + Potomac are processing within 2-3mo. So hopefully they help Nebraska out!

I'm seriously happy for those of you getting your approvals in, but this whole processing times being different between centers seems SO arbitrary, it's infuriating! Hopefully USCIS will get their &%$! together and get the application load spread out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Though we had an RFE we were approved today, 1 week from the time they received our reply! Yay! This made my day. :)

Are you in the Nebraska center or the Texas center? It looks like you filed later in the month of June and I'm wondering if that's because of a transfer to a different center or something?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.