Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About YoungRL

  • Rank
  • Member # 209253
  • Location Stafford, UK

Profile Information

  • Gender

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Nebraska Service Center
  • Country
    United Kingdom

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you! The fact that I've received a termination letter wouldn't have a negative effect, would it? I just need to make contact again to restart things and it would be as it was?
  2. Wow, I had no idea; thank you for letting me know. Based on this it seems like they only allow you to file now if you fall under a military exemption and/or if you have "exceptional circumstances," and I'm wondering if there's any way at all to do it from here now if you're just a regular couple?
  3. That'd be the fee if I began all over again, I'm guessing? (I can't remember what I paid when we started this in 2016 but I can only assume the fees have increased.) And the fact that I might possibly be filing years out from when I first began the petition (if we ever file) isn't an issue?
  4. Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well; it's been a long time since I was here. My partner and I were in the midst of the immigration process for him to move from the UK to the US. We began the process in 2016, but circumstances changed and I ended up moving to the UK in 2018. Since that time, I have called the NVC once or twice a year to make contact on our case and keep it open, just in case. Because 2020 was what it was, I didn't make contact on our case within a one-year period, and I recently received a termination letter. The letter reads in part: My questions are: If I renew contact on the case, but I don't complete the process, I'll continue in the same holding pattern as before, right? And if I do decide to restart the case, it seems like I will need to repay some fees again, but from which point—all of them, or...? I guess the most important question is, since we're deciding to live in the UK indefinitely, is it even worth keeping this case open? I think I asked about this before a year or two ago, and was advised that if we ever decide to apply in future, a new I-130 via DCF would be the way to go. I'm guessing that would still be the case? That seems to make sense to me given that I've been here for nearly 3 years now and we have no plans to leave for the forseeable future.
  • Create New...