fitleo

June 2016 I-130 filers

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
17 hours ago, inloveVEN said:

Today we received the email notification, that our interview will be in March 24th, 2017. :jest:

Congratulations!  What was your scan date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, fitleo said:

260 days and nothing yet

I don't know what to do

Have you tried involving state senator/congressman aide? They usually work out and even if nothing else, you will get the reason for delay.

I sincerely hope you get the approval soon. Just in case you have not contacted officials yet, click here.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Timeline
4 hours ago, fitleo said:

260 days and nothing yet

I don't know what to do

keep us updated. I strongly suggest you to contact senator/congressman.

Edited by Tanish

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

1 hour ago, Tanish said:

keep us updated. I strongly suggest you to contact senator/congressman.

Hey Tanish,

I've taken 2 steps. 

1. Contacted senator Gillibrand and her immigration officer got back to me after checking with authorities that my application is undergoing investigation and to contact the senator's office again in 60 days if I don't hear from uscis. I did mention that I'm past the processing times and that my appl cation has been transfered twice ending up in ny office that doesn't handle I 130 applications.

2. I harassed uscis beginning of Jan because of the delay and an inquiry was initiated by a second tier officer. A 30 day limit is about to expire,  I wonder what I should do after. Mind you, they are the ones who told me it'll take 30 days for them to get back to on why there was a delay. 

I'm really baffled at this mess. The automated message st uscis got my transfers incorrectly, and the representatives were insistened that my application was received by them on December , 16th, which is actually the date the ny office received my application.

When I speak to 2nd tier officers they are dismissive of those errors n talk as if it's no big deal. 

I'm really angry but also disheartened at the same. My son just turned 3 months n we haven't seen our daddy since April last year. How inconsiderate of them

Timeline
51 minutes ago, fitleo said:

Hey Tanish,

I've taken 2 steps. 

1. Contacted senator Gillibrand and her immigration officer got back to me after checking with authorities that my application is undergoing investigation and to contact the senator's office again in 60 days if I don't hear from uscis. I did mention that I'm past the processing times and that my appl cation has been transfered twice ending up in ny office that doesn't handle I 130 applications.

2. I harassed uscis beginning of Jan because of the delay and an inquiry was initiated by a second tier officer. A 30 day limit is about to expire,  I wonder what I should do after. Mind you, they are the ones who told me it'll take 30 days for them to get back to on why there was a delay. 

I'm really baffled at this mess. The automated message st uscis got my transfers incorrectly, and the representatives were insistened that my application was received by them on December , 16th, which is actually the date the ny office received my application.

When I speak to 2nd tier officers they are dismissive of those errors n talk as if it's no big deal. 

I'm really angry but also disheartened at the same. My son just turned 3 months n we haven't seen our daddy since April last year. How inconsiderate of them

I can't even begin to imagine the frustration, disappointment and anger you might be feeling. I'm not sure if infopass appointment would help or not, because as my understanding goes, if you create infopass appointment; then your processing of application is halted until the appointment is over.

It's also baffling that a petition from one of the safest countries would cause this much delay. I'm really at the end of my wits here and can't think of anything else but PM one of the most experienced members/moderators who might be able to give you some pointers as to how you should proceed ahead. I'm not sure whether you have tried this approach or not and I apologize if I'm just throwing random ideas at you which you have already explored but this is the best I can think of.

I hope you find the solution to your predicament ASAP and your son gets to see his father soon. Our best wishes are the only thing we can offer at this point.

Edited by Tanish

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I'm confused with this question on DS260 and: • Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you? and Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

My husband (USC) is living/residing in the USA. So I first thought I should answer "NO" and "NO". But then I found this on te internet and got SO confused. Could my case be "YES" and "NO"?

Thanks for any advise! 

• Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?

Don’t confuse the word “immigrating” with “traveling”. This question asks whether the spouse is “immigrating” (seeking permanent residence to the U.S. based upon your application). It does not mean the spouse has to “travel” on the plane at the same time. After the visa issuance, you and the family have up to 6 months to travel to the U.S. (“enter”). A spouse and children may travel to the U.S. (“enter”) after the primary applicant, as long as it is within the six month period. But as long as the spouse is seeking permanent residence with the primary applicant, this question should be answered “yes”.

• Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

As in the previous question, the key is “immigrating” not “traveling”. Thus, answer “no” if the spouse or child is seeking permanent residence with you, regardless of whether they may travel to the U.S. after you.

7 hours ago, inloveVEN said:

thanks, i ' m not sure what do you mean with scan date. but they received my petition on Jun 2nd, 2016.

How long it takes for your case to complete ?

Timeline
6 hours ago, maolga said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm confused with this question on DS260 and: • Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you? and Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

My husband (USC) is living/residing in the USA. So I first thought I should answer "NO" and "NO". But then I found this on te internet and got SO confused. Could my case be "YES" and "NO"?

Thanks for any advise! 

• Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?

Don’t confuse the word “immigrating” with “traveling”. This question asks whether the spouse is “immigrating” (seeking permanent residence to the U.S. based upon your application). It does not mean the spouse has to “travel” on the plane at the same time. After the visa issuance, you and the family have up to 6 months to travel to the U.S. (“enter”). A spouse and children may travel to the U.S. (“enter”) after the primary applicant, as long as it is within the six month period. But as long as the spouse is seeking permanent residence with the primary applicant, this question should be answered “yes”.

• Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

As in the previous question, the key is “immigrating” not “traveling”. Thus, answer “no” if the spouse or child is seeking permanent residence with you, regardless of whether they may travel to the U.S. after you.

You were correct the first time. The answers are "NO" and "NO". This DS-260 is also used by other family based immigration category filers who immigrate with their spouse (such as F4 category).

For CR1 and IR1, the answers must be "NO" and "NO".

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, fitleo said:

260 days and nothing yet

I don't know what to do

Fitleo, I'm right there with you at 250 days. I talked to a few lawyers and here's my plan of action. 

1. At the 1 year mark, I'm going to file a Writ of Mandamus. At this point it wouldn't do any good, but I'm building a case for it. (Be warned the WOM isn't cheap)

a. 3 SRs, 4 Infopasses and every single congressperson and senator have been contacted. Every time the service center dates update, I followup with my reps. I used the ombudsman case assistance tool and even sent in an expedite request. 

b. Went to an FBI channeler and got my fingerprints taken; FBI responded with a "No records found". Got my spouses fingerprints on an FD-258 form and sent those in as well. In her case, it'll take a couple of months.  Similarly requested records for every state I've lived in. In addition, I sent in FOIA/FOIPA requests to the FBI for us. 

c. Tuesday, I'm sending in a request for case status updates to the leadership at USCIS/Nebraska. CMRR. I'm going to assume no response and followup in a couple of weeks. 

d. I've also been doing some digging on Justia.com to find compelling WOM cases ( and perhaps find the lawyers for the plaintiffs). I'm focusing on the 9th District. 

e. The first week of March, I'll retain a lawyer affiliated with AILA. Apparently there's an USCIS-AILA liaison, and this relationship has helped (sometimes). 

f.  If none of this has worked, the lawyer sends a letter to USCIS counsel, setting a deadline by which a WOM will be filed. 

g. By the 1 year mark, the WOM is filed.  From what I've seen on justia, most lawyer filed WOMs have been sufficient to push USCIS to approve. The ones that weren't successful were either Pro-Se or included a criminal history. 

2. I've also been exploring a second "hack". Apparently, US citizens residing in Mexico can file at one of the USCIS field offices IN Mexico, if they have a residency permit. 

3 hours ago, Soranger said:

How long it takes for your case to complete ?

I is taken almost 10 month, taking in account that they received in jun 2nd, and the interview will be in MArch 24th. we call uscis at the beginning of the year and the operator told me they were processing Jan 18th 2016. So i was expecting june as a date for the interview and was 2 month earlier than january´s statistics.

8 minutes ago, inloveVEN said:

I is taken almost 10 month, taking in account that they received in jun 2nd, and the interview will be in MArch 24th. we call uscis at the beginning of the year and the operator told me they were processing Jan 18th 2016. So i was expecting june as a date for the interview and was 2 month earlier than january´s statistics.

Ohh oky they received my june 6 and I send the last packet. they They received them last week. How much time was taken for them to check everything ? , They worked on your case so fast good luck with everything. 

13 hours ago, Soranger said:

Ohh oky they received my june 6 and I send the last packet. they They received them last week. How much time was taken for them to check everything ? , They worked on your case so fast good luck with everything. 

I have a friend she is an immigration lawyer and she suggest me to send all information in the first packages even the payments. I was filling concurrently i130,i485,i765 and i864 all together. 

i sent on May 28, 

they received on jun2nd

biometrics was like month later.

i received the EAD and AP in September.

no any other notice till Feb 15.

when we took the decision to start this process my friend an other lawyer in the firm where she works told me that ii was taking like 5 month i was reading at the uscis that because they change all the procedure all this kind of petition are being  moved progressively to NBC and they have not applied quality to the process that why they don't show processing time.  So i was expecting 6 month not ten month lol

but in any case i am so happy about this new status

wish you the best in this journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello my PD is June 28th but my NOA1 is July 1st.

I didn't follow June filers topic but now i see many June filers didn't get NOA2

We called uscis many times, they said every case is different and workload is high

We've been waiting 237 days. Why should we do now? Just wait and see what happens?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NBA16 said:

Hello my PD is June 28th but my NOA1 is July 1st.

I didn't follow June filers topic but now i see many June filers didn't get NOA2

We called uscis many times, they said every case is different and workload is high

We've been waiting 237 days. Why should we do now? Just wait and see what happens?

Have you involved your senator/congressman?

If not, now would be the time. Your case is way out of time limit.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.