fitleo

June 2016 I-130 filers

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Just sent my CR-1/I-130 for my wife yesterday, paper worked arrived at the Phoenix office via over night mail Keep you guys updated on my progress and/or when I receive my NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Welcome and good luck to everyone that has recently filed! :)

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had also sent the I-130 petition on June 14th and was delivered at Phoenix lockbox the next morning on the 15th. I notice that the check was cashed on June 20th and that same afternoon I've received both email and text informing that the case has been routed to Nebraska.

Wishing you all the best and an expedited process ;)

I guess cr 1

It's not asked in the forms. Is there a difference?

Good luck! We got routed to Nebraska

Ugh

The CR-1 is a conditional resident visa. If your marriage is less than two years old, that is the visa you will be getting. The IR-1 is an immediate relative visa, for a marriage older than two years. I believe the primary difference between these two visas is, if you're getting the CR-1, in two years' time, the temporary green card you receive at the end of the visa process expires. Within 90 days of it expiring, you must file to remove its conditional status. Young marriages are given a little extra scrutiny to help cut down on/prevent cases of fraud. It is very difficult to successfully fake a marriage for two years.

USCIS

I-130 sent (Phoenix Lockbox): June 04, 2016

NOA1 received: June 10, 2016

Transferred from Nebraska to Texas: October 20, 2016

NOA2 received: December 14, 2016

NVC

Case number assigned: January 06, 2017

Hi Fitleo,

I am getting prepared to file and mail out by next week. As far as the I-130, can you tell me what you added to your packet aside from the petition, and the G-325s like any other relevant documents to support that you and the spouse are married.

My wife and I were going to add photo of us with family, friends, etc, pics from our wedding, trips, passport stamps, Skype convo and even text logs. I just want to make sure everything is okay and we don't overdo it.

Thanks so much.

Hi, MrsnMrsKing315!

I'm not Fitleo but I wanted to reply to this. In my packet I included everything you're planning on adding to yours. All of that stuff is a good variety of things that show an ongoing relation where you're integrating with each other's families. For my part, I'm willing to bet that I "overdid it" with the evidence I included, but I'd rather they have more than they need, than me sending not enough and getting a RFE!

USCIS

NVC

Just wanted to pop in with an update... received my hard copy of NOA 1 on June 10. My timeline estimates that adjudication will be October 7-15! So I'll probably start getting the NVC step's paperwork around at the start of September.

Side note... on my VJ timeline, for the US Embassy field would I select where the interview is going to be taking place down the line, or is that field for DCF?

USCIS

NVC

Hey YoungRL!

I'm new to visa journey so still getting the hang of it but thank you for responding! And I totally agree. I'd prefer not to get an RFE either.

So I'll be adding as much as I deem necessary and as proof. I'm hoping this process doesn't take more than a year. It's stressful enough having to wait as it is.

Hi, MrsnMrsKing315!

I'm not Fitleo but I wanted to reply to this. In my packet I included everything you're planning on adding to yours. All of that stuff is a good variety of things that show an ongoing relation where you're integrating with each other's families. For my part, I'm willing to bet that I "overdid it" with the evidence I included, but I'd rather they have more than they need, than me sending not enough and getting a RFE!

event.png

Hey YoungRL!

I'm new to visa journey so still getting the hang of it but thank you for responding! And I totally agree. I'd prefer not to get an RFE either.

So I'll be adding as much as I deem necessary and as proof. I'm hoping this process doesn't take more than a year. It's stressful enough having to wait as it is.

Agreed! Here's hoping it doesn't take longer than a year! For my packet I created a timeline of our relationship, showing us at the start of our relationship to our most recent visit; I'd advise including stuff that covers a good date range =]

And welcome to VJ, by the way! It took me a bit of time to get used to it myself, since I'm so used to reddit and how that site works, but I feel like I've found a great community here. And all of us in the June filers thread are our own mini community, in it together at about the same spot!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I guess cr 1

It's not asked in the forms. Is there a difference?

Good luck! We got routed to Nebraska

Ugh

my case is CR-1 if your spouse is permanent resident, and if your spouse is Citizen then your case would be go in the priority named IR-1

Form I-130 sent ------------ 06/17/2016

NOA1 (Email) ------------ 06/23/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy Received ------------ 06/27/2016

:clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my case is CR-1 if your spouse is permanent resident, and if your spouse is Citizen then your case would be go in the priority named IR-1

The difference between the two is whether the couple have been married for 2 years or longer, not whether it's PR or citizen.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The difference between the two is whether the couple have been married for 2 years or longer, not whether it's PR or citizen.

Correct. In fact, spouse of an LPR is not IR-1/CR-1 it is F2A visa.

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Just popping in to say hello and remind myself of the excitement of sending off the petition and finding out where it had been sent to. Nice to see some UK folk here too.

Good luck everyone! Wishing you all speedy approvals!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Quick update just received the email notification for my I-130/CR-1 petition for my wife. My case has been accepted and routed to the Nebraska Service center. I'm assuming I should be receiving my NOA1 in the next week or so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I contacted my congressman's office last week to file for a request for expedite. His immigration staffer told me that she'd be happy to put the paperwork through, but that they have been denying pretty much every expedite request. She also said that wait times were going up because of the Syrian refugee crisis, because the State dept promised all of these visas but didn't bother to staff up to help process them more quickly... So all of us 'normal' visa applicants are seeing more delays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.