archosci3

please i need your urgent help and advise

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

i never intend to act like a troll, it just that i was so eager to reply the message and that was a ,mistake.. so someone shouldnt come here and start crucifying me or try to be mean or an investigative officier on where the money came from and what it is meant for .. it doesnt change the fact that the money wasnt mine and she took the money without my knowledge.. i wouldl like them to put themself in ma shoe and tell me how they are gona feel before trying to crucify me on here ..

No one wana loose a cent not to talk of 8k$ ..so they should not add salt to the injury on ground .. the way forward is what we are looking for and thats why i came to visajourney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

i never intend to act like a troll, it just that i was so eager to reply the message and that was a ,mistake.. so someone shouldnt come here and start crucifying me or try to be mean or an investigative officier on where the money came from and what it is meant for .. it doesnt change the fact that the money wasnt mine and she took the money without my knowledge.. i wouldl like them to put themself in ma shoe and tell me how they are gona feel before trying to crucify me on here ..

No one wana loose a cent not to talk of 8k$ ..so they should not add salt to the injury on ground .. the way forward is what we are looking for and thats why i came to visajourney

Why did you keep someone else's money in a joint bank account?

Have you told her you know it's her?

Edited by Maria&Seve

Then call the police on her for stealing your money! What are you waiting for?

Have a confrontation with her yet on how to move forward together?

Or only you looking for way to move forward?

It is either you want to keep the marriage to get the green card or get your money back from her.

IMHO, she is ripping you off, there is already no trust in marriage.

I will just leave.

But I am sure you will hang on till you get your green card.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

The police won't be able to do anything if the money was in a joint account. The whole purpose of a joint account is that the two people using it can deposit and take money as they wish. You are married to her, she's allowed to do this. If the money wasn't yours in the first place (a massively dodgy aspect if you ask me) then the last place it should have gone was into a joint account where someone else has access to it. Unless she confesses, there isn't a heck of a lot you can do. If she's still trying to prove that it wasn't her, then calling the police and filing a report shouldn't be a problem. You'll soon see her backtracking if it was her.

AOS

09/02/2015 - Enter United States @ Raleigh Durham International Airport, NC under VWP

14/02/2015 - Fly to San Francisco, CA

09/05/2015 - I-94 Expires

22/05/2015 - Civil Surgeon Medical Examination

28/05/2015 - Received Sealed Envelope

04/07/2015 - Married in Vegas

14/08/2015 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

21/08/2015 - Emails/Texts of Acceptance for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

24/08/2015 - I-130 & I-485 Cheques Cashed

27/08/2015 - Paper NOA1 Received

14/09/2015 - Biometrics Letter Received

23/09/2015 - Biometrics Complete

17/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Produced

21/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

24/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Delivered

31/10/2015 - Received SSN

06/02/2016 - Interview Notice Delivered by Post

09/03/2016 - Interview

09/03/2016 - Approved at Interview + Card Ordered

14/03/2016 - Green Card Mailed

16/03/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

05/02/2018 - Sent I-751 to California Service Centre

07/02/2018 - I-751 Received

09/02/2018 - Extension Letter Arrived in Post

12/05/2018 - Biometrics Reused Letter

18/08/2018 - 18 Months Extension Letter

19/04/2019 - 1-751 Approved + Card Produced

Naturalisation

09/12/2018 - Sent N-400 Application Online

14/12/2018 - Received Paper NOA1

02/01/2019 - Biometrics Scheduled

06/02/2019 - Biometrics Rescheduled

Filed: Timeline

You chose a wrong place to look for a way to move forward, that's only up to you and your wife to figure all that out. None knows your situation better then you and probably her so, seeking comfort on forums is not the way to deal with it, not to mention juggling with two accounts.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im currently in the process of filling my adjustment of status and during the process of co mingling bank account together as part of requirement of bonafied marriage, a funds was sent to my bank account and my spouse took the money without my conscient and denied knowing anything about the money .. i guess with the influence of her sister,

Presently i should be geting my EAD in a week or two more and going for my interview soon ,

Already i felt bad and i dont know if i should wait till when i get my green card approved later and divorce her or confront her for now or seek a marriage counsellors advise regarding this case

as a matter of fact the amount we are talking about is 8000 usd...

the amount alone is quite much for an immigrant who is not working... now she put me on a debt of 8000usd .. and for prove, i have a document from my bank account which showed that she made the withdrawal of the said sum in my our joint account

my other question is that , if i divorce her after getting my green card based on this ground , will it be considered an immigration fraud because she already made me feel bad for her stealing from me in the first place and by her not telling me and denying the fact that she took the money from my account

FYI ... she said the IRS levy my bank account as a result of the amount she owed the IRs.. But i checked and confirmed and the found out that the IRS never took the money ,, even the bank said she was the one who took the money .

Communication is very vital in bonafide relationship/marriage. How you gonna divorce her without speaking with her first?if it's huge sum of money and you still love her, make a common account and each have their personal bank account. Commons one is for bills and stuff like that. Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would say your options could be to tell her you know she took the money because the bank showed proof, your next step is tell who and what that money was for and explain it wasn't yours, and go from there, and then contact the person who sent the money and explain what happened and let them know your working on a way to get the money back and get them a car, so what she says and does should determine what you wanna do, that is make the money back yourself and save it in an account only you control until you can purchase a car, or divorce her or stay it's your choice only you know what you want and can deal with, good luck

i understand, i just want to stay anonymous for this issue . i dont wana use my other account to post thiis story cuz i dont know who is wattching .. my felllow VJ , kindly understand this is a critical issue that is affecting me .. i just need a relief

Sneaky fellow :wow:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

let go of her

Take your very own advice :hehe: and let her go and return to Nigeria because you are just using her for a green card now as she has

used you for the money. This relationship is ridiculous and USCIS will see through it. Who in their right mind would want to be

with a thief and a liar ? Don't complain if you choose to continue to go through this mess.

As to your car auction 'business' don't even get me started on the stories I have heard about this so called money making business.

Good luck explaining to the guy that your wife stole it.

As far as answering yourself here in this thread under another user name, that is lame and your credibility is zero.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Begs the question why couldn't the owner of the money do this for themselves rather than bringing in a middle man?

It's a joint account so she can take it out if she wants to. No permission needed.

If you came on a visitor visa did you know her before getting here? How long for?

Maybe she is considering it as payment for getting you your green card. Uscis may look at the joint account and consider it this way as well.

^^ actually it is quite common for folks from my country to remit money for someone to purchase cars from here.

Some folks don't know much about cars so they send the money to others to buy and ship to Ghana for them.. i have several friends back in Ghana who wanted me to do that for them..

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

She probably took the money as her fees for helping you..I bet that's what she and her family will tell you. As to how you came on tourist visa and suddenly decided to marry and stay,that's where your started. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~As this thread is going down fast this thread is now locked. Do not restart this thread or refer back to it.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.